It’s Dallas week and the Division is on the line!

Einstein

19 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

What were to happen if the Bills beat Cowboys, Pats and Chargers making them 10-6 and the Dolphins lose to the Jets, Cowboys and Ravens making them 9-7. But the Dolphins beat the Bills in the last game, putting both teams at 10-7 and 1-1 head to head?

Miami would win division.  They would have better division record.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

What did you make of Josh's remarks?

That there relationship has never been stronger.  They meet once or twice a week in mcds office to talk about football and life.  That he appreciates how much mcd has learned to trust him.  

Its really worth a listen as I dont think I came away with the same thoughts as @Scott7975

8 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Man I've got that Josh is going to throw a couple picks feeling if Josh goes after him. Hope I'm wrong. 

The guy also gets torched many games too-he can be fooled with a couple of double moves. Have some friends who are cowboys fans and to be honest they don’t really like the guy. Yes he gets turnovers but he gives up huge plays (very similar to Diggs). If he was a great corner, teams wouldn’t throw at him as much as they do 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

The guy also gets torched many games too-he can be fooled with a couple of double moves. Have some friends who are cowboys fans and to be honest they don’t really like the guy. Yes he gets turnovers but he gives up huge plays (very similar to Diggs). If he was a great corner, teams wouldn’t throw at him as much as they do 

Its probably because he is aggressive, which is also why he gets those picks.  Its like the Josh Allen of defense?  haha just kidding around.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He'd be NO MATCH if the Bills run the football!! Let Spencer put that big body on Micah a few times. Run some counters in Micah's direction 

I agree we need to establish the run against the Cowboys.  Also thinking us running some up-tempo offense would help to limit their ability to give exotic looks.  And then other side of the ball, the key will be how much pressure our D-Line can get on Dak.  In my opinion, this game’s going to be decided by who wins in the trenches and turns the ball over the least (I know, sounding very cliche).

Edited by strive_for_five_guy
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I think you mean conference record

No it would be division as Miami would have a better division record and that is the second tie breaker

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Strength of victory in all games.

Strength of schedule in all games

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.

Best net points in common games.

Best net points in all games.

Best net touchdowns in all games.

Coin toss

22 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

This is what happens when you piss away games to teams like Denver, New England, and the Jets.

The Bills FUBARed it against 4 inferior teams and one that was better. They should have had those in hand as House $ for the Division.

THEY DID NOT!

Now, if they ARE really a strong AFC Championship, they must win out! The BIG game upcoming against the arguably equal- better Cowgirls, plus no let up off the gas for the next two stiffs and finishing with a Mammal dinner!

Sucks to be the Bills in their situation, but this was ALL on them and their management to be here at this time in the season!

10 minutes ago, ALF said:

Too many key injuries this year does not help matters.

Everyone has them. As of week 14, Bills are pretty much normal for injuries. Dallas lost Diggs. 

We may get Daquan back. Von may be himself by years end. Knox back. Just grateful for #17 . We've been lucky when you figure his style. 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

The Bills FUBARed it against 4 inferior teams and one that was better. They should have had those in hand as House $ for the Division.

THEY DID NOT!

Now, if they ARE really a strong AFC Championship, they must win out! The BIG game upcoming against the arguably equal- better Cowgirls, plus no let up off the gas for the next two stiffs and finishing with a Mammal dinner!

Sucks to be the Bills in their situation, but this was ALL on them and their management to be here at this time in the season!

My take is we don't have to win out. If we lose to Cowboys, we absolutely need to win out from there. I prefer to win out. I like the team's mojo right now. 

Your right we made mistakes, but the season will tell us who deserves what. Miami got murdered by us and blew a 2 score win w 2:30 left. They've got a knife fight each week ahead of them, and that includes the Jets. 

1 minute ago, RichRiderBills said:

My take is we don't have to win out. If we lose to Cowboys, we absolutely need to win out from there. I prefer to win out. I like the team's mojo right now. 

Your right we made mistakes, but the season will tell us who deserves what. Miami got murdered by us and blew a 2 score win w 2:30 left. They've got a knife fight each week ahead of them, and that includes the Jets. 

A win over Dallas puts the Bills in a great spot. I think they become the favorite to win the division if they beat Dallas. The Dolphins aren't winning both games (Ravens, Cowboys) and the Bills know they can't have another terrible loss this year. The Chargers look done and without Herbert the Bills SHOULD have no trouble winning at Sofi especially with Bills Mafia making up a large portion of the crowd. The Pats in Buffalo SHOULD be a comfortable win. We will see how it plays out, but the advantage goes to Buffalo over Miami if the Bills beat Dallas. IMHO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Expect the Cowboys to utilize lots of line stunts particularly against Torrence. Bills MUST be prepared for this. 

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

A win over Dallas puts the Bills in a great spot. I think they become the favorite to win the division if they beat Dallas. The Dolphins aren't winning both games (Ravens, Cowboys) and the Bills know they can't have another terrible loss this year. The Chargers look done and without Herbert the Bills SHOULD have no trouble winning at Sofi especially with Bills Mafia making up a large portion of the crowd. The Pats in Buffalo SHOULD be a comfortable win. We will see how it plays out, but the advantage goes to Buffalo over Miami if the Bills beat Dallas. IMHO.

Damien Woody just said on Get Up that the REST OF THE LEAGUE are rooting for the Cowboys to win in Buffalo. That NOBODY wants to play the Bills in the playoffs. Said Bills will win the AFC

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, ALF said:

Too many key injuries this year does not help matters.

We have our QB knock on wood. And our offensive personnel have been as injury free as I can remember in a long time.

Look at all the teams without their QB currently.

Miami got hit massively with injuries these last two weeks. They could potentially lose out because of the injuries. 

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Damien Woody just said on Get Up that the REST OF THE LEAGUE are rooting for the Cowboys to win in Buffalo. That NOBODY wants to play the Bills in the playoffs. Said Bills will win the AFC

They truly are the best team in the AFC if they can just make it. It likely all comes down to the Miami game. The wild card likely requires too many correct bounces of the ball to get in. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

They truly are the best team in the AFC if they can just make it. It likely all comes down to the Miami game. The wild card likely requires too many correct bounces of the ball to get in. 

Or well timed Toney-ism on the other side every game 🙂 

McCarthy is good for one in critical games. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Man as miserable as this season has been, I feel like if we beat the Cowboys then our team finally found their mojo and are going to roll all the way through the playoffs.  Not saying those games won't be tough but we would in 3 weeks time... took it to one of the NFC favorites in Philly (yes I know we lost but we were toe to toe with them none the less,) beat KC which is always a tough game, and then would go on to beat another NFC favorite in Dallas.  Like if our team did all that I feel comfortable saying we are one of the toughest teams in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I am little surprised that I have not seen as much of the X's and O's stuff this week. I don't know Dallas as well, so I am trying to think how the Bills would attack them and all I can come up with is more of the same: they are average at stopping the run but have been limiting pass plays. More James Cook and a healthy PA pass dose please. That's all I've got so far sadly.

Cowboys are dog water on the road.

Everyone talks about how they average 40 points per game over their last five, but...When on the road, the Cowboys average 23 points, and they give up an average of 20 points. Dak is also historically not particularly good in temperatures below 40 degrees.

Give me the desperate Bills team, in front of a fired up Highmark Stadium crowd, in the cold rainy weather, on prime time.

Bills by a billion.

• Like (+1) 6

15 minutes ago, Negan said:

I think that's actually good for us this time, if it rains.  Our run game has been better and it slows down Cowboys offense.

I'm with you on that. Not only has our run game been better but it's more efficient than theirs and just going by the number it appears their D is pass defense focused. While our run D isn't anything to hang our hat on, the trio of CeeDee Lamb, Brandin Cooks and Michael Gallup is pretty potent. making it a slog works to our benefit.

2 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Who cares about Phins. We will beat them. 

I fear we will beat them if the win doesn't matter and we have already missed the playoffs.

If the win is required to get in, we'll lose.

That's my fear, because that would be typical.  Having said that, I do think we are the better team and can beat them; the problem is our defense is not close to what it was when we first played.

Also, the Miami defense is playing MASSIVELY better NOW than they were then; early in the year they were one of the worst Ds in the league.  

16 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I fear we will beat them if the win doesn't matter and we have already missed the playoffs.

If the win is required to get in, we'll lose.

That's my fear, because that would be typical.  Having said that, I do think we are the better team and can beat them; the problem is our defense is not close to what it was when we first played.

Also, the Miami defense is playing MASSIVELY better NOW than they were then; early in the year they were one of the worst Ds in the league.  

I really wouldn't say "massively" better or even better.  In this span, the beat the Commanders, Raiders, Pats, Panthers and Giants....all of them are in the bottom 10 offense in scoring.

Not to mention, they gave up 14 points in under 2 minutes against the Titans.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

No it would be division as Miami would have a better division record and that is the second tie breaker

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Strength of victory in all games.

Strength of schedule in all games

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.

Best net points in common games.

Best net points in all games.

Best net touchdowns in all games.

Coin toss

Miami would have 3 division losses to the Bills 2 in this scenario, unless I'm misunderstanding the scenario.

1 minute ago, Starr Almighty said:

Miami would have 3 division losses to the Bills 2 in this scenario, unless I'm misunderstanding the scenario.

If we are a game up on Miami going into the last game, but we lose to Miami, they would be 4-2 and we would be 3-3 with a split head to head

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.