Patty is not happy... Boo Hoo!

Huh? What?

14 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I would love for them to miss the playoffs, but I think they have a very good AFC record and most of the tie breakers, so they would have to go 1-3 the rest of the way to miss altogether. Nothing would delight me more though.

KC in the 7 seed Bills in the 6

KC at BUF AFC championship game

LFG !!!!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

On Get Up this morning Rex Ryan said in all his years of coaching he was never warned by an official about someone lining up Offside. He mentioned the refs might say an offensive tackle might be pushing the limit one way or the other, but that’s it. Robert Griffin has no clue and this only adds to my take on him as a waste of an NFL talking head.

RGIII's takes on this have been really bad, even for RGIII standards.

1 hour ago, Dr. K said:

It's so illogical for Mahommes and the Chiefs and their fans to whine that the official negated a great play. He threw the flag the second the ball was snapped, before Mahommes threw the ball, before Kelsay caught it, before the lateral to Toney and the TD. As far as he was concerned he was calling a five-yard penalty on an egregious offside alignment. What was he supposed to do, say, "Okay, in this last minute I no longer enforce the Offside rule no matter how blatantly the player violates it?"

I get that the Chiefs are frustrated that this amazing play was negated because of this flag. If it happened to the Bills I would be suicidal. But the only way the ref could have known this is if he had a time machine.

Blame Kadarius Toney for a dumb mistake. 

And don't blame the ref for not warning him. Toney was lined up in tight, right up against the linemen, inside of the wide receiver. He was miles away from the sideline ref, and only ten feet away from the ball and the center. He didn't need the ref to warn him if he was lined up wrong. He just had to look ten feet to his right, see the ball, and fix it himself. Was the ref supposed to blow his whistle, run onto the field and tell him where to stand?

star trek spock GIF

1 hour ago, Dr. K said:

It's so illogical for Mahommes and the Chiefs and their fans to whine that the official negated a great play. He threw the flag the second the ball was snapped, before Mahommes threw the ball, before Kelsay caught it, before the lateral to Toney and the TD. As far as he was concerned he was calling a five-yard penalty on an egregious offside alignment. What was he supposed to do, say, "Okay, in this last minute I no longer enforce the Offside rule no matter how blatantly the player violates it?"

I get that the Chiefs are frustrated that this amazing play was negated because of this flag. If it happened to the Bills I would be suicidal. But the only way the ref could have known this is if he had a time machine.

Blame Kadarius Toney for a dumb mistake. 

And don't blame the ref for not warning him. Toney was lined up in tight, right up against the linemen, inside of the wide receiver. He was miles away from the sideline ref, and only ten feet away from the ball and the center. He didn't need the ref to warn him if he was lined up wrong. He just had to look ten feet to his right, see the ball, and fix it himself. Was the ref supposed to blow his whistle, run onto the field and tell him where to stand?

Great point.  Once the flag was thrown what are the refs supposed do?  Say, "there is no foul on the play due to it being really well-executed by a really famous player"?  The fact that the Chiefs continue to whine about this is laughable.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

Great point.  Once the flag was thrown what are the refs supposed do?  Say, "there is no foul on the play due to it being really well-executed by a really famous player"?  The fact that the Chiefs continue to whine about this is laughable.

Honestly,  the way we get constantly screwed we should blfeel blessed they didn't pick it up. It wouldn't have surprised me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

27 minutes ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

I mean, that sounds exactly like what Mahommes is saying.

"Takes away from greatness"

Wow. They are eviscerating the Chiefs:

32 minutes ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

AND ontop of it... The player who eventually scored the TD was the dude Offside!

Why I am not ruling out it wasn't a drawn up play! Maybe ad libbed in where Kelce got the greenlight to do something like a backwards pass.  Toney, young... Probably trying to get to the spit, got anxious and forgot where he was standing.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Process said:

Look at toney compared to the WR on the other side 😂

Saw in the replies of one of these tweets a side by side this play and the play before and it's night and day where he's lined up, it's almost like they were trying to get away with something.

These fans aren't living in reality.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Exactly the point I'm making. 

I completely agree with the idea of "let them play" and "stop ticky tack penalties that don't affect the outcome of the play" or "the NFL needs more consistency on reviewed calls in critical spots"

Just off the top of my head

12 men on the field giving the Broncos another FG attempt

DaQuan Jones called for roughing the passer after 3 seconds of pushing Mayfield back and the play not called dead

Eagles drop the ball, on their winning drive, called a fumble and Bills recovery on the field, reversed

I'm not saying the message is wrong, but the Chiefs are the wrong messagers and Josh Allen is the last player to complain about refball too

The message is wrong when using that penalty as the example to complain about the refs though.   

I am thoroughly frustrated by the refs this year and am bewildered by some of the calls/non-calls/reversals/non-reversals at almost every game.  

However, I am not ever going to point at a clear penalty, that is known well by everyone, getting called when it’s obvious to everyone that the infraction occurred and complain that it was called… That’s just illogical and dumb!

I think their attitude in that moment may hurt the effort to improve the officiating.   It’s diluting the validity of other arguments in my opinion.  

12 minutes ago, JohnnyBuffalo said:

The message is wrong when using that penalty as the example to complain about the refs though.   

I am thoroughly frustrated by the refs this year and am bewildered by some of the calls/non-calls/reversals/non-reversals at almost every game.  

However, I am not ever going to point at a clear penalty, that is known well by everyone, getting called when it’s obvious to everyone that the infraction occurred and complain that it was called… That’s just illogical and dumb!

I think their attitude in that moment may hurt the effort to improve the officiating.   It’s diluting the validity of other arguments in my opinion.  

I completely agree with this.   My worry is that the Chiefs (who have been the biggest benefactors of shady officiating over the past three years) are going to make it all about them and use that as the poster child for the officiating issue when there are about 50 better examples to use this year.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

The fact that Mahomes is saying "how can you throw that flag for Offside" when they Chiefs have been the butt of jokes/memes across the league with Jawaan Taylor commits a false start on like 40% of offensive plays is absolutely bonkers. 

Not to mention the "worst call I have ever seen". I know this sounds like homer-ism, but the intentional grounding on the Allen horse collar was maybe the most gaslighted I have ever felt in my entire life. Allen was out of the tackle box AND he had Gabe Davis near the ball. Even if it wasn't a horse collar it wasn't intentional grounding either. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wow. They are eviscerating the Chiefs:

AND ontop of it... The player who eventually scored the TD was the dude Offside!

Why I am not ruling out it wasn't a drawn up play! Maybe ad libbed in where Kelce got the greenlight to do something like a backwards pass.  Toney, young... Probably trying to get to the spit, got anxious and forgot where he was standing.

I think I said it elsewhere, it takes a bit for Steven A, Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless all to agree with a topic. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I would love for them to miss the playoffs, but I think they have a very good AFC record and most of the tie breakers, so they would have to go 1-3 the rest of the way to miss altogether. Nothing would delight me more though.

It would be great if that happens but KC is more likely to still get the #1 seed than miss the playoffs.

Great win for the Bills! The dream continues for another week so this place, at the very least, would be enjoyable until the next game. 

6 hours ago, Mikey152 said:

My favorite part about the “let us play” comment? Not only did Toney line up Offside, he also had a pretty blatant pick several yards downfield that could have been called. THAT would have been a tough call, but the right one.

quite frankly, the Chiefs play right on the edge of the rules when it comes to illegal contact. If the refs didn’t let them play, they could have had 30 penalties last night.

I thought it was a pretty blatant OPI. He picked off the Bills player who was covering Kelce. That was more than a rub as Toney adjust his route to run into Bills player. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

One thing that I keep seeing from Media outlets is that this penalty was the reason the chiefs lost. Did they Chiefs offense not run three more plays?! Even if they had scored, the bills still had two timeouts and ~ a minute and some change to go and score themselves.

Granted I didn't watch the packers game, but the same sentiment is said for that game, the MVS no call cost them the game. They were down (8) points, there's no (9) point touchdown in football, the best the could have done was tie the game? I could be completely off, as admittedly again I didn't watch that game, but the hyperbolic statements are getting old.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

In one of those "parallel universe" theoretical discussions, what would the reaction be here if it was the Bills called for that offside on a TD scoring play late in the game? :)

Josh would have kept his cool, McD probably as well.  Better than KC handled it.

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Yeah Josh said when he saw the flag he figured it was on the Bills as that just isn't called.  But fortunately is was called.

Edited by CodeMonkey
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

What’s he complaining about exactly ? 

He hasn’t had 10% of the adversity Josh has had… and I have never seen JA carry on like a pork chop…

I think both Mahomes and Reid complained because the refs didn't warn them before the play started that Toney was lined up in the neutral zone.  It's a lame argument since defensive players get called for the same penalty all the time and never get warnings.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigAl2526 said:

I think both Mahomes and Reid complained because the refs didn't warn them before the play started that Toney was lined up in the neutral zone.  It's a lame argument since defensive players get called for the same penalty all the time and never get warnings.

Agreed, but they have no gripe.

Toney didn't ask for a check, and he was lined up tight inside the hashes, the side judge couldn't communicate with him.

If he would have been lined up outside the side judge would have 100% warned him because they would have been close enough to communicate. 

I love to see the media troll the Chiefs btw lol

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

I get it.  Has anyone ever seen offside called on the offense? I don't remember ever. No one I know remembers one either. 

He was clearly offside, no one can refute that. But no warning at that point of the game is inexcusable. I get why he blew up and why both Mahomes and Reid made (the likely expensive) comments they both made after the game.

There are many reasons for the extremely poor officiating this year.  But lucky for the Bills (and by extension us :) ) that one got them the W and kept the playoff hopes alive.

There’s a quote from former NFL official that’s offense offside has been called 11 times this tear. 
So there’s that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

No, because that would have given the defensive player an advantage. I’m talking about plays like happened in the Colts game early this year when the QB got blitzed and fumbled but it was called back because a receiver got held.  That good had no bearing on the play because the blitz and fumble happened so quickly. 

What???
Doesn’t  an offensive player lining up Offside get precise the same advantage as a defender lining up Offside?

11 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

There’s a quote from former NFL official that’s offense offside has been called 11 times this tear. 
So there’s that. 

Yup.  11 times in about 208 games (unless my math is off).

And what, say 120 snaps per game maybe.  So 11 times in about 24,960 snaps.

But how many times did someone actually line up Offside, no way to tell that I know of.

[Why does this board capitalize the O in Offside for me :) )

Edited by CodeMonkey

1 minute ago, pennstate10 said:

What???
Doesn’t  an offensive player lining up Offside get precise the same advantage as a defender lining up Offside?

Not in this case. Toney had no one opposite him and had a free release off the line. His foot being a foot past the ball didn’t give him any discernible advantage. His pick of Johnson did create an advantage and could have been called but wasn’t. 

Older guy saw my Bills hoodie at the grocery store today and we got yapping about the game. At the end he said "Did you see Mahomes throw his helmet at the end", i said yes and he said "Million dollar crybaby" LOL.  It was then I realized how being on the good side of a bizzare ending feels. What a great day

Edited by Mike in Horseheads
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Mango said:

I have always wondered how Pat and Brittany got along. She is always chirping on social media and PM always seems to say all the right things. 

This makes it all make more sense. He is also a total twit. 

I've always said he was a douchebag. He just has PR people to stop him usually.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.