Is Diggs done?

harmonkillebrew

Just now, finn said:

I did. He sounded frustrated, which is understandable, but he's got to keep that to himself. It may not be fair to say he was complaining exactly, but that is how the media is framing it, naturally, and it's a potential distraction for a team that doesn't need more distractions. You'd think he'd have learned from last summer's experience to just say bland things like Allen and others. Who cares if he's frustrated? What matters is that the team wins. 

Diggs knows exactly what to do or say to generate controversy

It's annoyingly predictable

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Thanks- I don’t think I’ve really seen stats on doubling/bracketing before.  I’d like to see what Diggs actual number have been over the last few seasons.  Does anyone have access to those stats? Or even just this years?

Of all the forced passes to Diggs (and Diggs drops) Davis still has a lower catch %.  I know it’s not only on him (uncatchable passes too) but I think we’re going to be able to open up our offense once we replace gabe with a more versatile route runner and reliable pass catcher.  

like I’ve said-  I really like the kid, but he’s not enough to unlock the true potential of this offense.  

I don’t see how Josh forcing the ball to Diggs is on Diggs.  I agree that Diggs’ drops have been a problem, but forcing passes to him isn’t.

Forcing passes to a guy who's in a slump is of course a problem.  Even Diggs yesterday said the Bills showed be distributing the ball around more--specifically because of this.

Davis runs much different routes than DIgs now does--Diggs has a lot of short routes which for an receiver (see Kincaid, or almost any RB) ) have a higher catch %.  Several very good WR1s are also in the mid 50's% as well.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Forcing passes to a guy who's in a slump is of course a problem.  Even Diggs yesterday said the Bills showed be distributing the ball around more--specifically because of this.

Davis runs much different routes than DIgs now does--Diggs has a lot of short routes which for a receiver (see Kincaid, or almost any RB) ) have a higher catch %.  Several very good WR1s are also in the mid 50's% as well.  

Right…..  

so how much do you wanna pay Gabe Davis this offseason?

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Where did Diggs say the Bills should be distributing the ball around more because it's a problem to force balls to him when he's in a slump?

Ain't what I heard.

• Eyeroll 1

On 12/10/2023 at 6:26 PM, harmonkillebrew said:

He was nonexistent today.  He dropped at least two screens. Sheffield was in for him again multiple times on key downs.

What is going with him and the WR corps more generally?? Was it scheme or is he experiencing a major drop off?

Gabe also put up another donut.

Josh was struggling all game to find anyone to throw it to.

I put up a thread saying he has quit on the team after the Eagles games and was called a clown. Its obvious to me he wants out and is not putting in his normal 100% effort

• Haha (+1) 1

This thread is silly as the OP doesn’t understand when there isn’t a second top target, you can key in on any top target.  He’s still having lots of targets, but we’ll win this year with everyone else.

we need a top 1st RD WR target.  We won’t get Harrison JR., but Diggs will be a more viable target.  It’s just how it works.  This was non stop silly ranting.  TE’s don’t equate to WR’s unless you’re Kelce.  

The god news is next year we can add a top WR target and it will matter.

54 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Right…..  

so how much do you wanna pay Gabe Davis this offseason?

no idea.  I don’t write the checks.  As I already said, let him test the market 

50 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Where did Diggs say the Bills should be distributing the ball around more because it's a problem to force balls to him when he's in a slump?

Ain't what I heard.

what did you hear (other than him saying “it’s not me”—obviously it is)?

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

no idea.  I don’t write the checks.  As I already said, let him test the market 

The 300+ posters that voted in the poll don’t cut checks either.  But we have opinions…..as do you.  But yeah…. Par for the course, because you know gabe isn’t worth WR2 money

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

The 300+ posters that voted in the poll don’t cut checks either.  But we have opinions…..as do you.  But yeah…. Par for the course, because you know gabe isn’t worth WR2 money

why does it matter to you how much Pegula pays him (assuming he resigns)?  Maybe 5.9 million? 6.5 million? How about 7.3 million? 9 million maybe—depending on the anticipated cap increase? 

if Brady won’t let Allen throw to him the yeah, he probably isn’t getting paid by the Bills.  Why struggle with simple concepts? 

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

why does it matter to you how much Pegula pays him (assuming he resigns)?  Maybe 5.9 million? 6.5 million? How about 7.3 million? 9 million maybe—depending on the anticipated cap increase? 

if Brady won’t let Allen throw to him the yeah, he probably isn’t getting paid by the Bills.  Why struggle with simple concepts? 

Anyone else ask that?  It’s a pretty straight forward question.  How much do you think he’s worth?  

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Anyone else ask that?  It’s a pretty straight forward question.  How much do you think he’s worth?  

It’s a pointless question, but I’ve answered.  Its like asking fans how much a 2 bedroom in the Upper West Side SHOULD cost

how much is Josh Allen worth right now, compared to how much he’s getting paid?  Knox? Miller? 

how much was Edmunds worth? Not much to the Bills, who let someone else pay for that. 

the market decides, each time a contract is up.  

On 12/10/2023 at 7:26 PM, harmonkillebrew said:

He was nonexistent today.  He dropped at least two screens. Sheffield was in for him again multiple times on key downs.

What is going with him and the WR corps more generally?? Was it scheme or is he experiencing a major drop off?

Gabe also put up another donut.

Josh was struggling all game to find anyone to throw it to.

The window is closing a bit.

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It’s a pointless question, but I’ve answered.  Its like asking fans how much a 2 bedroom in the Upper West Side SHOULD cost

how much is Josh Allen worth right now, compared to how much he’s getting paid?  Knox? Miller? 

how much was Edmunds worth? Not much to the Bills, who let someone else pay for that. 

the market decides, each time a contract is up.  

Lol.  Right…..just like every discussion is pointless on a message board.  Nothing is decided here….so it’s all pointless.  Yet here we are, being pointless every day, all day.

we all get it it.  You can defend Gabe as a WR2 yet you can’t define your true feelings about him because it would expose your defense of him as 💩.  Because he is a 💩 WR2 and not worthy of more than 5M per year to 87% of the bills fans on this board.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Listening to that interview, do you honestly believe his intent was to generate controversy?  I honestly don't think it was.

No, not Diggs.  Everything he does is for the betterment of the team.  He's so selfless that it's difficult for the average person to comprehend,  which you'd be excluded from that of course. 

• Haha (+1) 2

15 hours ago, NewEra said:

Lol.  Right…..just like every discussion is pointless on a message board.  Nothing is decided here….so it’s all pointless.  Yet here we are, being pointless every day, all day.

we all get it it.  You can defend Gabe as a WR2 yet you can’t define your true feelings about him because it would expose your defense of him as 💩.  Because he is a 💩 WR2 and not worthy of more than 5M per year to 87% of the bills fans on this board.  

lol wtf--maybe the craziest thing you've ever posted

my "true feelings about him"??  lol. you're off the rails again

18 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I realize that Diggs did literally say "It's not (because of) me."

But when listening to the press conference and gathering the full context of what he was talking about, to me it sounded like what he meant was "My lack of production in recent games is not for lack of effort on my part - it's because defenses are doing a good job".

"(Opposing defenses) have been doing a good job. For me personally, I've been trying, bro. I promise you, I've been trying. It's not because of me, you know what I'm saying? Teams are doing a good job. We've just got to continue to make plays and I guess spread the ball around. We've been winning so far. You know, in a perfect world I want the ball. I want to have success. But at the end of the day, if we're winning games that's what I got to tip my hat to. But I'm still chasing greatness each and every day. It's not because I don't want it. I promise you that. I want to still continue to play at a high level. But I've got to play within the scheme and 'be me with us'. We've got a slogan - or some words to live by, 'Be you with us'. I'm going to still be me. I'm not going to stop. But hopefully we get some things rolling."

If you focus solely on the statement "It's not because of me" by itself and ignore the rest of everything he says around those five words, you would think that he's putting blame elsewhere and not holding himself accountable. But again, if you listen to the full conversation that he's having with the media and have a better understanding of the context around "It's not because of me" you realize that he's talking about his effort and dedication and giving credit to opposing defenses. That's it.

I like Tim Graham but what he did was total BS.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

But when listening to the press conference and gathering the full context of what he was talking about, to me it sounded like what he meant was "My lack of production in recent games is not for lack of effort on my part - it's because defenses are doing a good job".

"(Opposing defenses) have been doing a good job. For me personally, I've been trying, bro. I promise you, I've been trying. It's not because of me, you know what I'm saying? Teams are doing a good job. We've just got to continue to make plays and I guess spread the ball around. We've been winning so far. You know, in a perfect world I want the ball. I want to have success. But at the end of the day, if we're winning games that's what I got to tip my hat to. But I'm still chasing greatness each and every day. It's not because I don't want it. I promise you that. I want to still continue to play at a high level. But I've got to play within the scheme and 'be me with us'. We've got a slogan - or some words to live by, 'Be you with us'. I'm going to still be me. I'm not going to stop. But hopefully we get some things rolling."

If you focus solely on the statement "It's not because of me" by itself and ignore the rest of everything he says around those five words, you would think that he's putting blame elsewhere and not holding himself accountable. But again, if you listen to the full conversation that he's having with the media and have a better understanding of the context around "It's not because of me" you realize that he's talking about his effort and dedication and giving credit to opposing defenses. That's it.

Half agree.

It's BS, but I don't care for TG. ;)

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Listened to the full interview on the radio friday

8 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

How about his 4th straight season 1000 yard receiving. Some need to find something else to be critical about. This isn’t it.

He had his worse three game stretch in a Bills uniform and he was about to make it four game stretch until a nice grab late. Which capped off a 48 yard performance with another key first down drop. Yet you came running over to this thread to do what exactly? If this was the late 80's and he didn't accomplish 90% of that thousand yards the first 5 weeks I would be more impressed. Let me know when it's ok to be concerned. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Cubanmist 1 said:

Has it ever occurred to anybody that this is all scheme driven?

He's had several key drops on 3rd downs over the past few weeks including one today. That isn't scheme related. I don't know what has happened to his hands but I hope he gets back to the relatively low drop rate player that he was before November of this year.

That one handed catch was amazing, though. Easily the catch of the year for the Bills. Hopefully it gives him some momentum.

Theory.  I think he's hurt.  Wrist.  Hand.  Something.  He's dropped more passes in last 4 weeks than his first 3.5 years.  He's also put the ball on the ground a couple times. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

He's had several key drops on 3rd downs over the past few weeks including one today. That isn't scheme related. I don't know what has happened to his hands but I hope he gets back to the relatively low drop rate player that he was before November of this year.

That one handed catch was amazing, though. Easily the catch of the year for the Bills. Hopefully it gives him some momentum.

I think he's hurt. Wrist or hand. Even the early catch today he caught with body rather than his normal ***** out of the air. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.