Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Simon

28 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Unpopular opinion: With two timeouts, Allen would have taken us down and scored the winning TD if Toney hadn't been Offside.

I dont agree. This O was struggling all half+.  The pressure was on.  The oline couldnt block anyone or was caught holding almost every play.  The one play 3 damn linemen busted through the line on the snap of the ball.  Brady had no answer for the pressure.

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

No doubt I'll get hammered for this take but....

1. O-line got mauled.

2. D-line fell off the cliff again in the second half. Zero sacks.

3. Receivers MIA.

Pyrrhic victory. We're not threatening the top teams with this level of play.

Chiefs are real tough in the trenches on both sides of the ball and our receivers never get any separation against them outside of the playoff game where we picked on Sorensen all game after mathieu got injured 

pretty huge win imo..  who is your idea of a top team?  Afc is pretty wide open and we beat two of the best three teams in it 

played the eagles pretty darn tough also 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

KC is pretty close to an elite defense this year...I didn't think we would keep it up all game long on offense.  They are the only team that hasn't allowed 30 points all season yet.

Allen was under duress most of the second half and sometimes only with a 3 man rush...that can't happen, they have to better up front.

I dont disagree.  Our line was a big problem this game.  Yes KC has an elite D this year but we still needed to do better.

2 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Imagine the entitlement to think the Refs are responsible for making sure you don't line up off side.

He's right that they give those warnings from time to time. But to think you're entitled to that is just shameful.

Shame on you, Kermit.

kermit throw up GIF

How many games.. no… what PERCENT of his wins in his career have been the result of the refs calling ticky tack calls in his favor? 

I’ve noticed this baby for years whining at refs if ANYTHING doesn’t go his way. Compare to Allen who has 5 years of nothing going his way who does nothing but takes it and tries to be better. 

Screw this arrogant baby. History will prove him deeply overrated. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With Josh at QB, there’s really no team in the AFC we can’t beat. The problem is that we have blown so many winnable games and we are always having to hope we can hang on at the end of the game. 

McDermott got lucky this week but all the same problems were there this game. He is holding this team back.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

Kill shot?  How many balls went to the end zone on that last drive?

The last set of downs, Kincaid and Diggs come to mine, down the sideline, opposite sides. Unless I’m misremembering. He had Davis wide open, didn’t see him due to pressure and probably not trusting him. Allen went after his two most reliable targets (although Diggs has dropped some as of late). 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Lol Mahomes is facing the first string of adversity ever in his career, and is absolutely losing his mind over it.

Odd. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Offside called against offenses before. Nice that the Chiefs got warnings instead. Perhaps their credit ran out.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

KC is pretty close to an elite defense this year...I didn't think we would keep it up all game long on offense.  They are the only team that hasn't allowed 30 points all season yet.

Allen was under duress most of the second half and sometimes only with a 3 man rush...that can't happen, they have to better up front.

Allen makes a super human play and you have drops, or a holding call to kill drives in the second half. The dude was under constant duress against the Super Bowl champ in their house with the mo on their side. That’s a big-time win. 

Edited by Tim Tindale
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, badandyman said:

Still not happy with are time management.  2:12 left in the game and you throw it 3 times taking 15 seconds off the clock. Run it 3 time. Avoid a sack and keep the clock running.  I guess thats to easy for McDermott and his staff

It was a high percentage pass play to a veteran big time playmaker.  Not a ridiculous call at all.  A very surprising result though. 

Not catching that pass changed the complexion of the next several plays. 

If he caught the pass the time would have gone to the 2 min warning.  Then probably followed up with a run to force KC into a timeout w under 2:00 to go. 

Without that the goal now was to score a TD regardless of time constraints.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Over the season it’s been takes on the other side, “Need do more, be aggressive, you have Josh Allen, go get the win.”

McDermott was more aggressive tonight and they won. He acknowledged previous games and adjusted. 

The Chiefs only needed 13 seconds once before. Bills were coming off an OT loss, on the road. 

I’m not over analyzing here. They went for kill shots. The defense didn’t sit back and give up free yards on the last drive. They got the win. Go Bills

What kill shot was that? Even if we scored a TD it's not a kill shot with that much time. I'd much rather juice the entire clock to 3 secs and kick a GW FG.

That is a kill shot and controlling the game so KC wouldn't even see the field again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Let's Go Buffalo said:

It was great to get a win to keep our Playoff hopes alive at Arrowhead.

It's better to get a win that might force Kermit to FINALLY play a road game in the playoffs. He's been fully annointed without ever having seen a crucible.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Can we finally get them to come to Buffalo in the coming years.   Please tell me these home games in Arrowhead are over.

Funny thing is they would be set to come here next season but only if they finish in the same spot in the division as the Bills do and that doesnt look likely.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

McD dialed up some blitzes and held Mahomes scoreless on their final two possessions in their biggest game of the season.  Held to 17 in their house.  Guy deserves credit. 

for all the big plays our D gave up,  pretty incredible that KC only scored 17 on us.  Hey, I’ll take it.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

He was clearly Offside. Don't know why they are pissed at the refs. 

I do think they hosed big time on the Murray catch. To me it looked like it was incomplete without question, I was shocked. But we punted to it didn't end up mattering. 

He has to be pissed at the Murray catch, but.. the reds on the field decided to allow the play, knowing a review would fix a mistake. The review was done in New York, so why would Mahomes be yelling at that ref for that okay..? 

So he’s pissed at the Toney foot. Please, this isn’t the NBA, calls have to be made in football.

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yep that was my observation as well.

Bills o line got dominated tonight.

I think it was a mix of confusion from the simulated pressures, and just getting plain beat.

Need to do a lot better against Parsons and the boys next week

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Lol Mahomes is facing the first string of adversity ever in his career, and is absolutely losing his mind over it.

oh, my God.  Is he really whining about the refs there???  😂😂😂

He was CLEARLY lined up Offside.  That would have been a massive screw-job against the Bills if they didn’t throw the flag there

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Cray51 said:

We beat the chiefs in arrowhead, in a one score game, and make a stop on defense in the final two minutes… and people are spewing the same crap about Mcd.

team pulled together after a very tough bye week and won the game.

The confusion at the end of the first half and poor play calling / time management on our last drive are both worthy of criticism, despite the win.

The thing is that poor calls like that can very often cost you the game. It's not out of line considering it's been what we've seen in our losses most of the year.

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

The last set of downs, Kincaid and Diggs come to mine, down the sideline, opposite sides. Unless I’m misremembering. He had Davis wide open, didn’t see him due to pressure and probably not trusting him. Allen went after his two most reliable targets (although Diggs has dropped some as of late). 

Whoops, Kincaid was the set of down prior. Still, last drive, right at the end 

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Odd. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Offside called against offenses before. Nice that the Chiefs got warnings instead. Perhaps their credit ran out.

Usually if you’re not sure you can check with a line judge and they give you an ok…I mean I am much less involved in the nfl than mahomes haha but that’s how I’ve always heard it explained 

2 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

We beat the chiefs in arrowhead, in a one score game, and make a stop on defense in the final two minutes… and people are spewing the same crap about Mcd.

team pulled together after a very tough bye week and won the game.

3-0 at Arrowhead our last 3 regular season games there. 😱

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.