TNF: Seattle at Dallas

HomeTeam

Amazing.  The officials completely swallowed the whistles on Dallas in the 4th qtr.  

The 4th down play before Dallas went and kicked the field goal the inside wr was held and there was no call.

Looked like Parsons was lined up in the neutral zone on the final drive on 3rd down.  Guess they just missed those.

This is exactly how this game was going to go.  Dallas philly december 10th for the division is one of the most important games of the season.  Dallas losing would have ruined the game.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, mannc said:

Where’s the “Thursday Night Football sucks” crowd?

Went to bed at 10pm and woke up this morning to see that Seattle actually had the lead in the 4th qtr but ended up losing. How did that happen? Is Dallas really good or did Seattle get Billsy? 🤔

23 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Went to bed at 10pm and woke up this morning to see that Seattle actually had the lead in the 4th qtr but ended up losing. How did that happen? Is Dallas really good or did Seattle get Billsy? 🤔

a number of things but on seattle's second to last drive down 38-35 Tyler lockett fell down and dropped what would have been another 50 yard touchdown for geno smith.  He beat daron bland immediately and would have been off to the races which would have given seattle a 42-38 lead with around 3 minutes to go.   

He literally just fell down out of his break.  The biggest issue however was jason peters was playing right tackle and injured his wrist at the end of the third quarter and went out and they had a hard time blocking in the fourth quarter

Edited by MikePJ76

9 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Metcalf and Lamb putting on a show tonight. Also does Seattle have a lot of very good WR or is it just me?

Metcalf, Lockett and Smith-Nijigba are arguably the best top trio in the league heck Dallas with with Lamb, Cooks and Gallup could be in that discussion too. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I had to take a peek at the Seattle message board.  As a Bills fan it's relatable.  They are an upset bunch. Just a sampling..

"We may have the worst Safety duo in the league while simultaneously paying them the most out of any team. This alone is a fireable offense considering the money that could have been spent on D-line instead."

"Very few players on this defense that shouldn’t be shown the door after the season."

"I cant stand Hurtt, but this terrible defense is 1000% on Pete. He has failed for YEARS now to field anything but below average defenses. Absolutely unacceptable for a defensive minded head coach."

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Metcalf, Lockett and Smith-Nijigba are arguably the best top trio in the league heck Dallas with with Lamb, Cooks and Gallup could be in that discussion too. 

The Bengal's, The Cowboys & Seattle have an embarrassment of riches at WR. Then you go to KC and you have a great O line and the NFL's best offensive mind. The Eagles also have a great O line, RB's & Receivers. Ditto for the Dolphins at play maker and the 49's have the best overall talent on offense in the NFL. 

It's clear that over the last few years the Bills have fallen further and further behind their peer SB competition with respect to O line and offensive play makers.  Not sure how anybody could debate this.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The Bengal's, The Cowboys & Seattle have an embarrassment of riches at WR. Then you go to KC and you have a great O line and the NFL's best offensive mind. The Eagles also have a great O line, RB's & Receivers. Ditto for the Dolphins at play maker and the 49's have the best overall talent on offense in the NFL. 

It's clear that over the last few years the Bills have fallen further and further behind their peer SB competition with respect to O line and offensive play makers.  Not sure how anybody could debate this.

yet the Bills have built one of the best defenses in the league which has helped them get to the playoffs, sadly it hasn't stepped up in the playoffs minus the Baltimore game. Yet inspite the lack of talent on offense, we still have an above average offense too. I hate keep beating a dead horse with injuries but honestly they're probably the biggest reason we haven't gone further in the playoffs/struggled with our current record. Because if this team is 100% healthy they can play with and beat any team in the NFL. Heck even with all the injuries we had this season we were toe to toe with Philly til the end and can be debated we out played them but sans two missed field goals and questionable penalties we would have beat them who is, ny record the best team in the leage. . 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

yet the Bills have built one of the best defenses in the league which has helped them get to the playoffs, sadly it hasn't stepped up in the playoffs minus the Baltimore game. Yet inspite the lack of talent on offense, we still have an above average offense too. I hate keep beating a dead horse with injuries but honestly they're probably the biggest reason we haven't gone further in the playoffs/struggled with our current record. Because if this team is 100% healthy they can play with and beat any team in the NFL. Heck even with all the injuries we had this season we were toe to toe with Philly til the end and can be debated we out played them but sans two missed field goals and questionable penalties we would have beat them who is, ny record the best team in the leage. . 

I am convinced that had the Bills focused on offense and not Defense the past 5 years they would have a SB trophy.  The failure of the D to rise up and shut teams down in the playoffs went on for 4 straight seasons (2019 - 2022) and now is happening during the regular season.

Imagine if instead of Oliver with the #9 pick we went offense in 2019 (maybe moving ahead of Detroit to take Hockinson) or had signed the best available offensive player in FA instead of Von Miller. And this isn't hindsight on my part as Oliver has been very good and Miller was worth the risk.  It's me pointing out what could have been if the Bills were focused on the offense and not the defense.

5 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

yet the Bills have built one of the best defenses in the league which has helped them get to the playoffs, sadly it hasn't stepped up in the playoffs minus

Personally, I think if you fail in the playoffs, by definition, you are not one of the best defenses in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/1/2023 at 11:34 AM, balln said:

Now Seattle 6-6. And will finish the schedule below 500. So media, cowboys and Dak fans have an inflated sense of accomplishment here that I’m just not buying. 

it was a good win for the Cowboys. In fact, their best win all season going by quality of opponent! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.