Who doesn't think this team is good enough to go 5-0 down the stretch?

Billsfan1972

31 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Give them something to defend besides Allen. They don't give two ***** if Cook gets his yards. Nolike he's wearing them out. The negative plays pile. You guys think he's Barry Sanders and can make up for it. He's never broken a big one cause he has no power.

We are averaging 34 ppg with Cook in the line up under Brady.

You say give them something else to defend besides Allen, well they are with Cook.  Which is why he has 100 total yards in the last 2 games.  

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-rb.php

image.thumb.png.a239de2a2d07530e6ac6f3d6c87fdaa6.png

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Huh??????? Mac Jones, 500 yards vs. Jax, Philly, 12 men Denver.....  The offense presses because they know the Defence can't be trusted.

You need to rewatch those games, I think, or watch them for the first time.

But I also agree with the Pats game, one of the rare times McD's defense did not come through this year.

29 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Lol!

You still think that the Bills should just forego the run, basically!??

Were you a Bills' fan during the 2021 season? 

What made them maybe the best team in the NFL after their 7-6 start?  They became the #1 running team in the NFL after that, after making Singletary their featured back--that is what made Allen reach his potential for the rest of that year and then in the playoffs. 

I think it is laugh out loud funny that some are sticking by this ignorant take, that Allen should just throw it, that the running game is not important.

It is vital, in the most literal sense of the word, for the Bills to have a shot.

I say let Ty Johnson get more carries. He's bigger than Cook and more spry than Murray, 

• Like (+1) 3

21 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

You need to rewatch those games, I think, or watch them for the first time.

But I also agree with the Pats game, one of the rare times McD's defense did not come through this year.

One of the rare times?  How about you watch?  Soft D, third down conversuons, no turnovers lead to an offence that pressed and lousy play calls.

Never call a defense allowing 500 yards good. 

McD even made the silly comment about complimentary football.

All he does is defend his defense. 

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

One if the rare times?  How a out you watch?  Soft D, tbird down co versuons, no turnovers lead to an offence that pressed and lousy play calls.

Never call a defense allowimg 500 yards good. 

McD even made the silly comment about complimentary football.

All he does is defend his defense. 

They kept the Bills in almost every game this year, despite Dorsey preventing the offense from even scoring in the first quarter--or first half.

This despite losing their best linebacker, best cornerback, and to me, best D-lineman who was playing great against the run and pas--and despite a slew of significant injuries in game after game.

The facts.

They’re plenty good enough but never underestimate Sean’s ability to mess things up. I know he’s not going anywhere so our defensive players better step the hell up and make a stop in a big spot for once. Hyde and Poyer have been great leaders for years, but I don’t remember one big play from them this year. Cause a turnover, make a pick or a big tackle preventing a 1st down. We need a defensive spark.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The next two weeks will tell the story. LAC is 4-7 and in last place. NE at home "SHOULD" be a gimmie. The Bills match up well vs the Fish even though that will be a close game. I think they drop one to either KC or DAL. If they can win those games, then it gets interesting for the final 3 weeks.

22 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

McDermott is a great coach so yes.

The worst part about how wrong you are is in full evidence over at phinforum or whatever where they are absolutely slam dunking on the Bills.

McD's terrible decision making has led directly to at least 3 losses this year which coincidentally will be how many games we are behind Miami after this weekend.

Miami may yet have a late season swoon as is their tradition, but if that's the best hope for the Bills making the playoffs, then yeah we've already lost

We wait 20 years for a good QB, we get a great one, but we have a halfwit as a coach who thinks he's a genius.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The next two weeks will tell the story. LAC is 4-7 and in last place. NE at home "SHOULD" be a gimmie. The Bills match up well vs the Fish even though that will be a close game. I think they drop one to either KC or DAL. If they can win those games, then it gets interesting for the final 3 weeks.

If they only drop the Dallas game I believe the playoff odds are almost 70% with a 10-7 record and a  7-5 AFC record 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

If they only drop the Dallas game I believe the playoff odds are almost 70% with a 10-7 record and a  7-5 AFC record 

if the queen had balls she'd be the king

you know the Bills will get beat by either the Chargers or the Pats.  And sure, they'll beat either the Chiefs or Dallas.  That's who this team is.  This is the fruit of THE PROCESS

• Eyeroll 1

On 11/29/2023 at 12:34 PM, Billsfan1972 said:

And this is why this site is busy and people are so mad.

Next game pretty much will tell us all.  

And yes even a loss and we'll all look next to Dallas.😉

the problem is McD has to string together about 9 wins for those 5 to really matter

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Gregg said:

That high. I thought their conference record is what will kill them in tiebreakers.

I mean at the end of the day we are still just a 1/2 game out of a playoff spot with 5 games to go it’s not the end of the world. We are far more talented than any of the teams currently above us and we have a top 3 QB. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

I mean at the end of the day we are still just a 1/2 game out of a playoff spot with 5 games to go it’s not the end of the world. We are far more talented than any of the teams currently above us and we have a top 3 QB. 

YO - BINGO! LET"S GOOOOO  Let JOEEEE cook!

8 hours ago, dorquemada said:

Yes, that is a data point, but if you've watched the Chiefs over the last few years including a couple super bowl wins, they're pretty good at getting a stop when needed in Q4 whereas the Bills are decidedly not.   Hell, our D couldn't stop KC with 13 effing seconds left, you can't deny that reality. That's why we either blow teams out or lose close games.

True but in reality they couldn't stop us either so you kinda detract from your point by posting that.

406611695_835325315268177_14873830756736

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Was hoping this was a poll. 

Hypothetically, the Bills should be good enough to go on a late-season run. They've done it before, and coincidently, immediately following an overtime loss in which they were very competitive against a strong NFC team. 

But this year feels a little different innit? The team has NOT shown any capacity for consistent winning football. Those injuries in London still loom large. And with McDerp not giving them late-half and OT advantages, I just don't see some kind of 5-game run in the works. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think they will do it. I don’t think the Chiefs are that great. We’ve beaten better Chiefs teams in KC. Dallas is definitely not great. We can beat them in OP. The final 3 are all very winnable. If it’s winning in against Miami, we are not losing. If they play like they did against Philadelphia, on offense with even reffing they will win all five games. I think they dig deep, and they go into refuse to lose mode, and they went out. Just my hunch on this but I feel like it’s very doable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Teams not as good as many fans thought. And that was before injuries. They're a good to very good team without the injuries but in my opinion  not Super Bowl good. Not endorsing the coaching but to blame it all on coaching would be a mistake. Still look more at the GM and our cap issues being overrated by many as a GM. He's not terrible but he's not great either.

• Thank you (+1) 3

Minus a couple all-pros on defense out for the year and Von being a nonfiction and Jones'absence and we'd have a chance. I think 3 or 4 wins is more realistic and a long playoff run is out of the question. I'm ready to start looking at Gabe's replacement in the next draft.

As far as McDermott goes, they said much the same about Andt Reid in Philly. He may have his shortcomings, but so does Bellechick and he's won 6 SB's. I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Minus a couple all-pros on defense out for the year and Von being a nonfiction and Jones'absence and we'd have a chance. I think 3 or 4 wins is more realistic and a long playoff run is out of the question. I'm ready to start looking at Gabe's replacement in the next draft.

As far as McDermott goes, they said much the same about Andt Reid in Philly. He may have his shortcomings, but so does Bellechick and he's won 6 SB's. I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

Hypothetically how many years in a row of not making the playoffs would you take with McDermott as HC before you'd consider replacing him? 

Edited by Negan

We’ll win out!!  Our boyz are having fun again.  The leash is taken off JA17 to run again.  They should be in 4 downs mentality once across the 50.  How can any of these 5 teams stop Allen, Diggs, Cook, Kincaid, Davis, Shakir, Murray, and maybe Knox.  Think about it.  It’s gonna be fun!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GreggTX said:

And Andy Reid never had JA in Philly.  He had very good QB's and it was reflected in very good records.  As soon as he got Mahomes he got them over the top.

Edited by Billsfan1972

14 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

True but in reality they couldn't stop us either so you kinda detract from your point by posting that.

406611695_835325315268177_14873830756736

I'm only reacting to the image here. I can't agree fully with it because Josh just played a freeking awesome game and coaching, Refs, drops and miscommunication lost this game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.