Shaq Leonard released.

FireChans

He would make sense if and only if he's willing to sign a cheap one year deal.

There's no spot for him long term, as Milano and Bernard will be the locked in starting duo.

Further, he's NOT the Shaq Leonard of old that people are picturing. He's really not. The Colts wouldn't have released him outright if he was.

At this point, he'd have to be a Leonard Fournette type situation. Sign to to the practice squad for cheap, MAYBE get called up at some point this season. Nothing more.

If the team doctors give the green light, absolutely.  There is a chance he just needs a fresh start.

Battled injuries the last 2 seasons and they changed their defense

Risk is low. Reward very high. 

He is another very physical, high energy playmaker. Similar to Rasul in that sense.  

Edited by Warriorspikes51

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If the team doctors give the green light, absolutely.  There is a chance he just needs a fresh start.

Battled injuries the last 2 seasons and they changed their defense

Risk is low. Reward very high. 

He is another very physical, high energy playmaker. Similar to Rasul in that sense.  

We have no leverage for a multi year deal so unless everyone is offering 1 year deals then we’re not competing to sign him.

1 minute ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

I predict no team claims him AND no team team attempts a signing

It's to late in the season and no team is handling out 5 mil for a broken down LB.

There are healthy players on the PS that already know the system

He'll end up having multiple contenders interested in adding him.  He'll sign for cheap for the rest of the season 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He'll end up having multiple contenders interested in adding him.  He'll sign for cheap for the rest of the season 

You would need the inside on his medical report and back injuries on a LB will never work. 

1 hour ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Definitely worth a look after clearing waivers. Give him a few weeks to rest up and then see what he's got for the playoff run.  I'm interested in seeing what Fournette can do. Ty Johnson looked good too sticking it to his former team.

why does he need to rest?

32 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

Cuz he's walking with a cane & can't bend over to tie his shoes...

Yeah, but it's not like with creaky old Charles Clay, who actually had to catch the ball.  All Shaq Leonard has to do is gimp around and knock the other teams' players over. 😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

There’s a reason the Colts cut him. 

Our LB’s have looked good as the season has gone along.  Even w/o Milano.  No reason to rock the boat at this point.  

it there is a solid WR available, that would be a bigger need.  As we are getting nothing noteworthy out of Gabe Davis.  Can never have enough weapons. 

But I do like Ty Johnson.  That guy plays hard.  He can be our # 2 RB next year behind Cook. 

I want him.  May not be who he once was, however a fresh start could bring that back.

the energy, physical play and playmaking ability.  

We just added an absolute stud in Rasul as CB1  (nothing against Tre, but Douglas is a better player right now)

along with Linval Joseph,

This would be 1 physical player added at each level of the defense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

There’s a reason the Colts cut him. 

Our LB’s have looked good as the season has gone along.  Even w/o Milano.  No reason to rock the boat at this point.  

it there is a solid WR available, that would be a bigger need.  As we are getting nothing noteworthy out of Gabe Davis.  Can never have enough weapons. 

But I do like Ty Johnson.  That guy plays hard.  He can be our # 2 RB next year behind Cook. 

The question is would you rather have him or AJ Klein?

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t think at this point of the season that’s a big issue. I’m pretty sure the rate for the few games is more then manageable 

Depends which other teams are offering what.  I don’t think he’d choose to join a 6-5 team unless they were offering a decent amount more than teams looking like they’re shoo ins for the playoffs.  Never know though, you could be right.  

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Depends which other teams are offering what.  I don’t think he’d choose to join a 6-5 team unless they were offering a decent amount more than teams looking like they’re shoo ins for the playoffs.  Never know though, you could be right.  

I mean I’m not sure if the complete details with picking up the remainder of his 23 contract but he’s on waivers. He’s not a FA. You have to put a claim in for him. I don’t think it’s about him choosing a place.

26 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I mean I’m not sure if the complete details with picking up the remainder of his 23 contract but he’s on waivers. He’s not a FA. You have to put a claim in for him. I don’t think it’s about him choosing a place.

His cap hit if claimed is 6M+ for the remainder of the year.  That’s a huge cap hit.

the reason I say it’s about him choosing a place is that I don’t think there’s any chance we claim him.  Zero chance imo. 

Edited by NewEra

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.