The drought teams were more fun to watch

Not Applicable

15 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

They sucked just as much 

They sucked but at least then you kinda accepted it because at the end of the day they just didn't have enough talent to really compete with good teams. The losses were maddening, but honestly, many times they were punching over their weight class in some of those games they ultimately lost.  

This team is just doing it to themselves. Turnovers, dumb plays, poor execution, stupid penalties, etc.

This is the 2nd time where they haven't led for an entire game(Patriots game also), come back to take a late lead and then still lose.

Think they have trailed more this year already than they have the last 3 years combined.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

Let's be honest...Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey, Dick Jauron, Chan Gailey, Doug Marrone, Rex Ryan...

Do any of these guys not make the playoffs if gifted Diggs and Allen (our star QB who the current regime seems to be ruining)?

At least those teams had heart.

I don't think the drought teams were more fun, but watching this team run with a dropped cylinder week after week is really tough to watch.

I would just love to know what Pegula thinks of all this.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

They sucked but at least then you kinda accepted it because at the end of the day they just didn't have enough talent to really compete with good teams. The losses were maddening, but honestly, many times they were punching over their weight class in some of those games they ultimately lost.  

This team is just doing it to themselves. Turnovers, dumb plays, poor execution, stupid penalties, etc.

This is the 2nd time where they haven't led for an entire game(Patriots game also), come back to take a late lead and then still lose.

Think they have trailed more this year already than they have the last 3 years combined.

Cmon man … three weeks ago you were saying all was good 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Cmon man … three weeks ago you were saying all was good 

Three weeks ago was three weeks ago.  This team has continuously shot themselves in the foot every game since and tried to throw away games they won.  

They can still turn it around but something has to change and it has to be more than just the players executing better.  Clearly they either don't believe in what they are doing on offense or they are not making proper game to game adjustments because there is no way this offense should look so inept for such long stretches.  I feel like I am watching the Fitz era Bills under Chan Gailey far too often lately.

1 hour ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

Let's be honest...Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey, Dick Jauron, Chan Gailey, Doug Marrone, Rex Ryan...

Do any of these guys not make the playoffs if gifted Diggs and Allen (our star QB who the current regime seems to be ruining)?

Most of those teams were worse to watch and most of those coaches sucked. 

The Gailey teams were fun to watch and the Marrone teams were too because even though the offense was mainly terrible they competed their ass off each and every week. 

I couldn't watch another minute of the Rex Ryan teams... but there are lots of moments this year when I have been reminded of them. Indisciplined stupid penalties as inopprtune moments, a Head Coach calling defense and in particular calling stupid blitzes at the most unnecessary moments, and then tonight not getting the right number of people on the field in ciritical situations (which to me is linked to a HC with his head in a call sheet and not doing what his job is). This season has echoes of 2016 IMO.

• Agree 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Three weeks ago was three weeks ago.  This team has continuously shot themselves in the foot every game since and tried to throw away games they won.  

They can still turn it around but something has to change and it has to be more than just the players executing better.  Clearly they either don't believe in what they are doing on offense or they are not making proper game to game adjustments because there is no way this offense should look so inept for such long stretches.  I feel like I am watching the Fitz era Bills under Chan Gailey far too often lately.

I tried to tell you three weeks ago …

1 hour ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

Lets be honest ... Hell no it wasn't, those teams didn't have a chance

We still have a chance, josh has been screwing up but we are no where without him.

11 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The 2023 Bills could beat anyone… mainly themselves.

Didn’t the 2022 Vikings go 11-0 in 1 score games? The Bills are basically 2-5 in 1 score games. Unlucky to be 2-5, should be at least 3-4, if not 4-3 in those games. They we be 6-4, or 7-3. Being so unlucky hurts. The major issue as I see things is inexcusable turnovers and sloppy execution.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

I wholeheartedly disagree.  I think it’s the soiled expectations of this team why you’re mad.  This is definitely better than the drought years 

26 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Didn’t the 2022 Vikings go 11-0 in 1 score games? The Bills are basically 2-5 in 1 score games. Unlucky to be 2-5, should be at least 3-4, if not 4-3 in those games. They we be 6-4, or 7-3. Being so unlucky hurts. The major issue as I see things is inexcusable turnovers and sloppy execution.

4 turnovers, three huge drops and this is what happens in the NFL

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Lets be honest ... Hell no it wasn't, those teams didn't have a chance

We still have a chance, josh has been screwing up but we are no where without him.

Josh looks pretty bad right now.  Russell outplayed him tonite.  He is making terrible reads and missing open receivers all over the field.  This is not the same QB from 2019-2022.  You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.  4 turnovers by the offense at home is disgusting.   But the D folded late.  And leaving T Johnson one on one w the Broncos best WR on the PI was terrible.   

And then the 12 men at the end felt like we were in the twilight zone.  Would any NFL team really allow that to happen??!!

This team is done.  A big train wreck of a season.  McDermott looks helpless.  And so does Josh leading the offense.  And the funny thing is we ran the hell out of the ball tonite.  Especially when we let Cook out of jail.  Do I dare say that Josh is starting to look like Carson Wentz.  Someone better get that boys head on straight before he really goes down the rabbit hole to shitville 

This coaching staff can’t do it and is a cancer that has spread throughout the team.  They need to go.  

• Like (+1) 1

No they were not.  The 80’s, 90’s team were fun to watch.  This team was until this year.  Sadly every team has bad years esp with terrible injuries.  It carries over , cant separate special teams and o from d guvung us turnovers which have disappeared since London injuries.  Let’s be fair, not delusional. 

6 hours ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

Watching the current Bills squad and comparing them to those teams? Yes right now both are/were excruciating to watch. The big difference though? there was no expectation for the drought teams like there is with this one. The fact that this team could easily be 9-1 with better coaching is the biggest most crushing disappointment of all.

5 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

This team should have 3 wins, not 6 or 7.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.