Dalton Kincaid catches everything.

Rigotz

3 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Out of curiosity, I pulled up Reception leaders this year at the Tight End position vs Targets.

The numbers match the eye test. It looks like this:

1. T.J. Hockenson 60 Receptions on 80 Targets -- 75%

2. Travis Kelce 57 Receptions on 72 Targets -- 79%

3. Evan Engram 51 Receptions on 61 Targets -- 84%

4. Sam LaPorta 43 Receptions on 59 Targets -- 73%

5. Mark Andrews 41 Receptions on 55 Targets -- 75%

6. Cole Kmet 41 Receptions on 50 Targets -- 82%

7. Dalton Kincaid 40 Receptions on 45 Targets -- 89%

8. Dallas Goedert 38 Receptions on 52 Targets -- 73%

9. Darren Waller 36 Receptions on 51 Targets -- 71%

10. Jonnu Smith 34 Receptions on 42 Targets -- 81% 

Very happy that we're feeding him and we should continue to, because his reception rate is best in the entire position.

If Kincaid were to keep up the average level of production he's posted the last three weeks over the course of an entire season, he'd be looking at 130 receptions and 1,250 yards. 

That's the type of production you expect from a #1 receiver.

Not saying he's going to keep it up, but here's hoping!

Edited by Motorin'

3 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Also exciting to note, as I was researching this statistic.

All time rookie record for receptions:

#1) 81 receptions -- Keith Jackson in 1988

#2) 74 receptions -- Jeremy Shockey in 2022

#3) 68 receptions -- Kyle Pitts in 2021

#4) 64 receptions -- Evan Engram in 2017

At the halfway point of the season, Kincaid is on pace to break the record.

I'm going to be a pedant and point out that Shockey's was in 2002, not 2022

That being said, love what I'm seeing from Kincaid the last couple of weeks. 

4 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Out of curiosity, I pulled up Reception leaders this year at the Tight End position vs Targets.

Very happy that we're feeding him and we should continue to, because his reception rate is best in the entire position.

Told y'all:wub:

• Agree 1

As one of the biggest DK’s fans on this board, he has finally been allowed to be the player he was in Utah.

That said, every passing/ reviving record set now deserves a giant *. Every record  gets broken now. That makes Mike Ditka’s rookie season simply insane.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MPL said:

Now we just need him to stop trying to dive over every defender in his path. I appreciate the extra effort but getting himself upended like in the cinci game is going to result in more fumbles. 

No its not. The other defender made a hell of a play that is very low %.  Kincaid did nothing wrong.

4 hours ago, wppete said:

Josh needs to target him 10-15 times a game. With almost a 90% catch rate it’s a no. Rainer. Enough with the nonsense Dorsey and Josh! 

He should be the 1A option after Diggs, not even option B.  Jim Kelly and other QB's have said a TE is a QB's best friend, esp younger QB's

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Also, I believe the Buffalo Bills team record for rookie receptions is 65 by Sammy Watkins. He should obliterate that if healthy 

Most catches by a TE in a season in Bills history is 68 by Pete Metzelaars....that one should be surpassed as well.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ngbills said:

Would love to see the catch chart showing the depth of most of these receptions. I am more than happy with Kincaid but would like to see him targeted downfield more. Many of his receptions are basically run plays. 

They are basically like runs….. great runs.  It’s so easy.  The kid gains separation with the best TEs I can remember and his hands might be better than his separation.  

I’d like to see him work the mid-deep routes too.  I think it’ll come, but right now, short is so easy…. and productive.   We need to continue to feed him.  It’ll open everything up for Diggs deep.  Dorsey just needs to do a better job with his play construction at times. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

He’s going to need to catch up to LaPorta though too, although given his recent emergence in this offense, thinking Kincaid will pull that off.

They’ve both played 8 games and have 40 and 43 receptions respectively. Unfortunately for Kincaid he was injured and didn’t suit up for the NYG game, so Laporta has a chance to distance himself even more once the Lions play their 9th of the season. 

5 hours ago, MPL said:

Now we just need him to stop trying to dive over every defender in his path. I appreciate the extra effort but getting himself upended like in the cinci game is going to result in more fumbles. 

It sucks because the route he ran to get open was elite:

The past couple games he has become the clear #2 in this passing offense. Next step is make Shakir the #3 and I think we could have something here.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:
5 hours ago, MPL said:

No its not. The other defender made a hell of a play that is very low %.  Kincaid did nothing wrong.

I get that the defender made a hell of a play. I get that a defender punching the ball out is low %. I appreciate that. But you can't tell me that going airborne doesn't increase the risk of fumbling compared to a player who keeps both hands on the ball and is tackled routinely. I'm not saying don't jump ever, but at the moment in the game, it wasn't the smartest decision from a ball security standpoint. 

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It sucks because the route he ran to get open was elite:

The past couple games he has become the clear #2 in this passing offense. Next step is make Shakir the #3 and I think we could have something here.

I'm with you. I'm stoked about the kid. Hopefully a strong learning moment for him. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Rigotz said:

but Kincaid will have to overtake LaPorta to get it.  Looks like LaPorta has 43 receptions and had his bye already.

15 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

but Kincaid will have to overtake LaPorta to get it.  Looks like LaPorta has 43 receptions and had his bye already.

Laporta has 100 more yards too. And 3 more td’s and 6 more 1st downs. 
Kincaid is being used like a 1st down run. You hope to get 4-5 yards. 23 of his 40 are in 1st down. His avg depth is like 3 yards. This is not a criticism of Kincaid but a reality check of the stats. I think Kincaid can do a ton more than he is being asked. I am not overly excited about the approach unless we start surprising people as well. Fake the out and go up field. The 3-4 yd passes are not the recipe for success. 

6 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Yeah but they also had shorter seasons in the medieval times.

4 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

It felt like he’s trying to be knox there. Doesn’t need to be. 

If he were trying to be knox, I think he’d be lowering the shoulder and trying to batter the defender, no?

He had to pick his poison on the fumble.  Get real low real quick go head to head or do what he did.  Neither option would’ve been good for his health.  

13 minutes ago, Since1981 said:
7 hours ago, MPL said:

Now we just need him to stop trying to dive over every defender in his path.

It felt like he’s trying to be knox there. Doesn’t need to be. 

His catch % is way too high to convince me he's trying to be like Knox 😆

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Rigotz said:

It’s kind of interesting how we have people crying about Sam LaPorta and actually Dalton has better stats and only three less catches

He hasn’t even been used that much by the end of the year it’s going to balance out

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It’s kind of interesting how we have people crying about Sam LaPorta and actually Dalton has better stats and only three less catches

He hasn’t even been used that much by the end of the year it’s going to balance out

In defense of those people (I'm not one of them), this was a different story 3 weeks ago.

Through first 6 games:

Sam LaPorta -- 25 receptions for 289 yards and 3 TD

Dalton Kincaid -- 17 receptions for 118 yards and 0 TD

Their argument at the time was we're not using Dalton Kincaid enough and most would agree that they were correct.

Kincaid's production is going to fall off a cliff when Knox returns. This coaching staff strongly believes in given proven starters every advantage over young promising rookies. In spite of his production and the need for his high catch rate or the need for him in the offense, I am convinced McDermott will play Knox over Kincaid a lot in 11 personnel once he's back (I say McDermott and not our OC, as the tendency to play vets seems to come from our HC). 

Edited by Ballhawk
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

In defense of those people (I'm not one of them), this was a different story 3 weeks ago.

Through first 6 games:

Sam LaPorta -- 25 receptions for 289 yards and 3 TD

Dalton Kincaid -- 17 receptions for 118 yards and 0 TD

Their argument at the time was we're not using Dalton Kincaid enough and most would agree that they were correct.

This is really interesting. Over the last 3 weeks Kincaid has had 

- 8 receptions for 75 yards

- 5 receptions for 65 yards

-10 receptions for 81 yards 

That averages 7.5 receptions and 73.5 yards per game.

If he were to match that average level of production over a 17 game season, it would amount to 130 receptions and 1,250 yards.

Not saying that he is or isn't. But if this three game stretch isn't an anomaly, then we're talking 1b type numbers. 

It remains to be scene what happens if / when defenses start game planning for him. But this is good progress for his development. 

• Like (+1) 2

His catch % should be high for crying out loud, his air yards are among the lowest of the league.

It SHOULD be easier to catch a pass thrown 3 yards beyond the LOS.

After the last couple games his air yards have grown from around 3 to 4.4, so the difficulty is starting to go up lol.

But yes it is nice to see someone besides Stephon being able to catch the ball. And its nice to finally see Kincaid being used more than 3 yards down the field.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

This is really interesting. Over the last 3 weeks Kincaid has had 

- 8 receptions for 75 yards

- 5 receptions for 65 yards

-10 receptions for 81 yards 

That averages 7.5 receptions and 73.5 yards per game.

If he were to match that average level of production over a 17 game season, it would amount to 130 receptions and 1,250 yards.

Not saying that he is or isn't. But if this three game stretch isn't an anomaly, then we're talking 1b type numbers. 

It remains to be scene what happens if / when defenses start game planning for him. But this is good progress for his development. 

1A+ is what he is :wub:Diggs is now 1b

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.