Bills @ Bengals Game Thread - 2nd Half

Simon

The fact defense is missing literally half their starters isn’t the problem.

it’s the fact that our offense with literally all their players intact can’t freaking score. That’s the problem.

Dorsey has to go, just has to. McD needs to return back to 2020 form NOW!

1 minute ago, jkirchofer said:

Burrow is a better qb than Josh. It might be coaching but he proves it every time we play them.

Zac Taylor is an infinitely better coach than McDummy.  Coaching matters.  The Bills are majorly deficient in the coaching ranks. 

As for Allen vs Burrow, I would take Allen without blinking.  Give Allen a legit offensive head coach who can strategize around his strengths and he'll tear things up.  Instead, McDummy is just clueless how to maximize the value of his stud players.   

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I know this is not the place to hope for a quick Bills TD drive.  But that is what I want.

Oddly, prior to now in this game and in others this season, what we could really have used at times, like in the first half of this game, is a 15-play 8 minute drive.  

I'm not sure that McDorsey knows what that is.  

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

are you actually blaming the defence?

They have 4-5 starters out and are still keeping the bills in

Offence has 2 turnovers and 10 points..

No of course I'm not, I just think our extremely zone has become beatable. The offense has clearly been the issue all night, see my 8742 posts about Ken Dorsey ineptness.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, buffblue said:

They shouldn't be. We need to have a 1 year "bottoming out" if you will to straighten out our salary structure, accumulate cost controlled assets, and try to salvage what's left of Allen's prime. Oh, and a coaching change should probably occur too.

But of course none of this will happen 

I agree.  The opportunity is gone for this group, but Allen is still young enough to have another shot if we retool and take a year out for a mini rebuild. 

Crystal ball sees two more wins tops. Denver - New England. Final record 7-10. Same cast of coaching characters back next year. Injuries will be wrongly blamed for bad season. Next year, with easier schedule, Bills go 9-8 miss playoffs again.... . Finally in late 2024 McDermott will be canned. Bills in complete rebuild in 2025. Allen sees his career wasting away, gets fed up in 2026, and signs with the Cowboys for $500M. Bills don't reappear on Sunday night football until 2037 with Brady's son Jack at QB. Jack Brady turns out to be the next San Darnold. Bills don't reappear on Monday night football again until 2055. By then Bills are known as the Austin Texas Rough Riders. Nobody outside of Buffalo remembers the Bills franchise. Bills Highmark stadium, which mainly holds truck demolition Derby's is emploded in 2060.              

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.