Rasul Douglas to Bills - per Rap

SCBills

18 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Am I the only one where the sound cuts out after the reporter asks the question??  I hear the question and then when the player goes to answer the sounds goes mute.  Comes back on when the next question is asked, then goes mute again.  Happens like that for all interviews that are live streamed.

I think you have the “need to know basis” setting selected on your viewer

• Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Also usually denotes a guy who might be less than great in the locker room or team buy in...ie, a "me first" kinda player who is more concerned with pro bowls and stats than team accomplishments.

Aaron jones cried cause they traded him. Other players shocked and upset. Opposite of that 

• Thank you (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Aaron jones cried cause they traded him. Other players shocked and upset. Opposite of that 

That comment was in relation to Ronald Darby, which was the player being discussed in the post I commented on.

17 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

A little worried about Joseph just because he hasn’t had a training camp

Does no good he pulls a hammy 

He’ should be ok with 5-10 snaps at the right times. I’m assuming his role will be easier than Douglas’ as far as the playbook goes. 

Douglas should already be in game shape, but may need more time to learn his assignments.  

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Josh Norman elevated for the game Sunday. Wondering if that’s due to Benford injury or Douglas not being ready. Remember: 

just got here 

Norman started the Bucs game right with a huge hit. He’s active for ST and emergency corner play.

Benford had no designation, hopefully he just cramped.

regardless, Rasul knows zone schemes and needs to be on the field. 

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Norman started the Bucs game right with a huge hit. He’s active for ST and emergency corner play.

Benford had no designation, hopefully he just cramped.

regardless, Rasul knows zone schemes and needs to be on the field. 

Wonder if the Norman elevation is simply a preventative measure then:

Jackson Benford Lewis Douglas Norman Johnson.

Will they will with 6 active CBs and 5 boundary guys? 

Rapp Siran Hyde Poyer. 

10 DBs?

4 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Douglas will play. It would be borderline reckless and irresponsible to sit a veteran in this kind of game 

he better….but again this staff has a serious hang up with “process” and “trust” 

Rasul is immediately the CB1 on this roster.  He also “brings it” more than Benford and Dane. We need the physical play and ball skills. NOW!

Edited by Warriorspikes51

3 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Douglas will play. It would be borderline reckless and irresponsible to sit a veteran in this kind of game 

If he’s ready, sure. I feel it’s be more reckless and irresponsible to play someone who isn’t up to snuff on communication, regardless of their skill. As you likely know, our secondary heavily relies on trying to roll and hide coverages late, and communicating due to motions or adjustments. 

Again, if he is up to speed or they have a plan in play to dumb it down for him to quickly relay his responsibility, I’m all for it. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

If he’s ready, sure. I feel it’s be more reckless and irresponsible to play someone who isn’t up to snuff on communication, regardless of their skill. As you likely know, our secondary heavily relies on trying to roll and hide coverages late, and communicating due to motions or adjustments. 

Again, if he is up to speed or they have a plan in play to dumb it down for him to quickly relay his responsibility, I’m all for it. 

if Rasul doesn’t play, Dane Jackson is going to be picked on all game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

19 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

if Rasul doesn’t play, Dane Jackson is going to be picked on all game

Jackson is going to get burned by that secondary. Douglas might struggle with certain play calls.

It's am easy decision. You traded for Douglas to have a big role. He should have it against one of the best WR rooms in the league in a big game for playoff hopes 

33 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Jackson is going to get burned by that secondary. Douglas might struggle with certain play calls.

It's am easy decision. You traded for Douglas to have a big role. He should have it against one of the best WR rooms in the league in a big game for playoff hopes 

And he will….. as long as they feel he knows the playbook well enough…..lots of communication and passing along assignments in our defense.  If he was just going out there to play man coverage all game, sure….he should play.  But in our D, he needs to know what he’s doing or he’s a detriment to our team.  

I hope he plays-  that means they’re comfortable hr won’t be a detriment

• Like (+1) 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Was that the consensus?

I thought most people liked him…

Some in this were saying it was an overpay, that he was a journeyman backup his whole career and that he isn't very good. I'll admit it was very 50/50 on the thoughts of his acquisition.

7 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Some in this were saying it was an overpay, that he was a journeyman backup his whole career and that he isn't very good. I'll admit it was very 50/50 on the thoughts of his acquisition.

Agree to disagree…more people here hadn’t heard of him then were critical of him.,, which I think says it all about how much people here watch non Bills games ..

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.