Week 9 thread - We’re on to Cincinnati

BillsFan619

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I concur 100%. I suspect you are talking about all the negativity. However, it cuts both ways here. For example, look at when the Bills acquired Beasley and ZBrien last year. Many and I mean many were taunting how they would be difference makers. Just look at every draft pick made. Many and I mean many think the picks are fantastic. 

Yes, the negativity is bad here but the homerism is equally out of control. 

That's the beauty of this forum. However, too many people take exception to others opinions because it doesn't fit their narrative. I mean I get the troll accusations often for my negativity. It is what it is...

It does go both ways. And in both cases, I tend to bite my tongue. I was raised to listen twice as much as you speak ( 2 ears, 1 mouth 😉). The difference with Homer's,  is I expect that on a fan message board. The negativity is just surprisingly high for being "Fans" of a team. Don't get me wrong, I can certainly be negative (in the case of Dorsey, imo), I just can't see how people can live in that world so much. I'd have to be heavily medicated to be that way...🤣

Constructive criticism and opinions,  I can handle (mostly). 😁

Trolls, well, I'll leave that to others to decide who they are. Some people just need a lot of attention. Not my thing. Probably one of the reasons why I refuse to sign up on X (twitter).

Just like I tell my Kids and Grandkids, The world needs Happy Thoughts. 

peter-pan-240x300.jpg.0835af5c79cf60407fc7c3a9af15ad55.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I think this will be a high scoring affair. I don't see either defense slowing the other offense down. Should be fun! And on prime time!

I think so too, but my biggest fear, is their Defense taking cheap shots at Josh Allen again, like they did last year. They are a dirty team.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I think so too, but my biggest fear, is their Defense taking cheap shots at Josh Allen again, like they did last year. They are a dirty team.  

Taron's concussion and Hendrickson flinging himself into Allen's ankle are two things that I hope the Bills do not forget. They need to be on alert for this *****.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

They don’t even trust Elam to practice now. SMH 

How did he hurt himself by not playing last game ? They haven practiced this week? Did he fall at home after realizing bills didn’t trade him?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

46 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

To me, a lot comes down to seeing the same up-tempo/spread the ball around offense like we saw most of TB game.  If our O is clicking like it was last game, we'll be in good shape regardless of the other side of the ball.  Mix in some well-timed JA runs and maybe a trick play or two (haven't seen one in awhile).  My prediction is a close game, over 55 points scored, and it'll come down to the end.  Not necessarily a shootout but a fair amount of scoring.

Over 55 points scored in a close game is a shootout.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, balln said:

How did he hurt himself by not playing last game ? They haven practiced this week? Did he fall at home after realizing bills didn’t trade him?

Well he was on the injury report the past two weeks so its not crazy to think he isn't getting better so they are going to shut him down until it does heal....OR, they are just gonna use this as an excuse to stash him on the IR and make room on roster for whatever DT they eventually sign

4 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Well he was on the injury report the past two weeks so its not crazy to think he isn't getting better so they are going to shut him down until it does heal....OR, they are just gonna use this as an excuse to stash him on the IR and make room on roster for whatever DT they eventually sign

This.

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

If they run a trick play where Josh catches a TD, I know I can turn the game off.

I know that everyone hates this uniform combo, but I just checked and the Bills were wearing the all-whites last year in Cincinnati. They had to wear a white jersey because the Bengals chose black, so I understand why they would want to do something different. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

I think this will be a high scoring affair. I don't see either defense slowing the other offense down. Should be fun! And on prime time!

Both teams are poor against the run. Cincinnati is 28th, Bills 21st. Either team could establish the run on offense and use plenty of clock. Both teams are prone to throw short passes too, using the clock. I think you're right, however, we're not going to see bombs away from either team.

15 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

If they run a trick play where Josh catches a TD, I know I can turn the game off.

Beats wearing the Damar day jerseys. They have some good moments in these ones. That last second Thanksgiving win against a Detroit team that in hindsight had become good. 

To me this combo reminds me heavily of Josh's first big step in 2019, I think they wore it a lot that year. 

Just now, Pokebball said:

Both teams are poor against the run. Cincinnati is 28th, Bills 21st. Either team could establish the run on offense and use plenty of clock. Both teams are prone to throw short passes too, using the clock. I think you're right, however, we're not going to see bombs away from either team.

Joe Burrow, at the core of his very being, wants to hold the ball and throw bombs to Chase. The Bengals coaching staff has had to really work on getting Joe to take the check-downs. Sound familiar?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I know that everyone hates this uniform combo, but I just checked and the Bills were wearing the all-whites last year in Cincinnati. They had to wear a white jersey because the Bengals chose black, so I understand why they would want to do something different. 

Every Bills uniform combo looks good except the all blues and reds.

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I don't hate it at all, I like the white jersey/blue pants.  When i see it, the first thing that comes to mind is Ferguson handing off to Cribbs.  And for us older folks,...OJ breaking 2,000 yards and the rushing record in a 14 game season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

For me, it should always be blue over white and white over blue.

The traditional look.

Blue over blue is too smurfish, white over white is like looking at a perfect smile (which no one has) and red over red seems too super heroish. 

The Bills have burned some awesome memories into my brain in white on white though. It's the only uniform they've ever beaten Mahomes in 

23 minutes ago, Franco_92 said:

The Bills have burned some awesome memories into my brain in white on white though. It's the only uniform they've ever beaten Mahomes in 

13 seconds was white on white, which is one of the worst memories in Bills history. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

13 seconds was white on white, which is one of the worst memories in Bills history. 

Not discounting that, but still, pretty much any epic road memory of the last 3 years has been white on white, and some home ones as well. That and Blue on White and maybe 2 red on red games (2020 Steelers, 2022 Miami) probably contain the best memories we have of the Allen era to date

On 10/31/2023 at 8:14 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

Again teams need to adapt.  They f'ing let Mac Jones dissect them and lead a game winning TD drive the last two minutes.  That is a fireable offense!!!!😡😜

Shhhhh.....  Heresy to say such things.😜

Yes, they need to adapt

No, it’s not a fireable offense

**** happens in football.  Especially in divisional football games.  Any given Sunday.  Maybe Andy Reid should be fired for losing 24-9 to the broncos. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yes, they need to adapt

No, it’s not a fireable offense

**** happens in football.  Especially in divisional football games.  Any given Sunday.  Maybe Andy Reid should be fired for losing 24-9 to the broncos. 

Of course it is hyperbole, but Mac Jones, who just a week earlier in the same situation vs. LV instead gave up a safety (and made a lot of bettors upset) in a similar situation.  Couldn't get 2 plays off.

Geez missing the point????

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Of course it is hyperbole, but Mac Jones, who just a week earlier in the same situation vs. LV instead gave up a safety (and made a lot of bettors upset) in a similar situation.  Couldn't get 2 plays off.

Geez missing the point????

But Denver, the team that gave up 70 to Miami held Mahomes to 3 FGs.  Denver, the team that lost to the raiders and redskins.  The team that was losing 28-7 to the bears. 

I get the point. It’s always the same point.  Hence my post

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

But Denver, the team that gave up 70 to Miami held Mahomes to 3 FGs.  Denver, the team that lost to the raiders and redskins.  The team that was losing 28-7 to the bears. 

I get the point. It’s always the same point.  Hence my post

Good ahead and bring up the other 31 teams, I'll worry about the Bills.

16 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

You enjoy those losses.  Go right ahead.

I enjoy watching my team play win or lose.  I enjoyed watching my team play for 17 seasons of zero playoff appearances.  I enjoy getting together with the boys and having a blast before, during and after the game.  I enjoy talking about and reading about my team day in day out.  

It’s seems as if you only enjoy winning and whining.  💩 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I enjoy watching my team play win or lose.  I enjoyed watching my team play for 17 seasons of zero playoff appearances.  I enjoy getting together with the boys and having a blast before, during and after the game.  I enjoy talking about and reading about my team day in day out.  

It’s seems as if you only enjoy winning and whining.  💩 

I was fine when the Bills were a run of the mill team.  They aren't and they have the best QB in the NFL.  No excuses.

• Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.