Week 9 thread - We’re on to Cincinnati

BillsFan619

35 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Allen and the Bills have been so good in road games over the past few years.  This season has been a real struggle, including London.  They have to get the road figured out.  The banged up D really cost us against the Jags and Pats.

Taking 3 quarters of each game off is what cost us those contests 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

My belief is that McD has had this game circled on his calendar since the playoff game last year and is cooking something up to slow down that offense. I don't doubt there's a small smidge of pride associated with this game for the Bills.

My hope/concern is: can they execute?

• Agree 2

Just now, uninja said:

My belief is that McD has had this game circled on his calendar since the playoff game last year and is cooking something up to slow down that offense. I don't doubt there's a small smidge of pride associated with this game for the Bills.

No. Not w these players.

burrow >>> McD 

Diggs leading the NFL in receptions now with 64, 4th in yards.

Allen leading NFL in total TDs, QBR and completion percentage, 2nd in passing TDs, 3rd in passing success rate, 4th in yards, 5th in QB Rating, 3rd in sack percentage(lowest).  IMO, he is having a career season even if all of the games don't look amazing.

3 minutes ago, uninja said:

McD is usually pretty good in revenge game scenarios.  I think he does have it circled. 

• Agree 2

Just now, uninja said:

He's cooking alright.....  a STEAMING PILE 🙃

15 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I guess the Bills might as well forfeit the game. No need to risk injuries in a game in which they have zero chance. 

This would be my strategy as well

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Diggs leading the NFL in receptions now with 64, 4th in yards.

Allen leading NFL in total TDs, QBR and completion percentage, 2nd in passing TDs, 3rd in passing success rate, 4th in yards, 5th in QB Rating, 3rd in sack percentage(lowest).  IMO, he is having a career season even if all of the games don't look amazing.

it's really quite something because you get the sense there is still another gear or two he can get to

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

The plan is going to be score one or two more TDs than the other guys. It will have to be - the current version of the Bills D is not going to shut down teams. Especially those with your better QBs. 

I think the D will need a turnover or two honestly. But hey stranger things have happened. Bills' Offense will need to be humming of course.

1 hour ago, balln said:

Prob is the bills D makes the opposing qb (except tua) too comfortable.

they play OFF the line in coverage and so if the blitz. It’s the long / late DB that goes in. And it’s super easy to take advantage of that. 

conversely KC and CIN play up on line man to man at times. Their corner and safeties come blitz right off the line. 

His only weakness is arm strength / off platform 

Agreed on these weaknesses. It would be a great time for Von Miller "im baaack" game. 

They kicked our asses pretty good last year (including the Hamlin game). We need to have a much, much better performance at the LOS to be competitive. Our OL is better with no Bates and Saffold. On the other hand their offensive line should be better as well with Brown, Cappa and Williams in for backups who were in.

4 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

It seems like a game where we need our offense to carry but they do the opposite.  Even the playoff game, the D was really bad but only let up 27 points.  It was our pathetic offense that couldn't even make it a game..

I would agree with you if McD was an offensive minded coach and the Bills had committed a majority of their draft picks and FA signings to the offense.  But McD is a defensive coach and the Bills clearly have pushed more resources to the defense over the last few seasons then the offense.  So in a game where the O is struggling, which happens even to the best offenses, I expect the Bills defense to carry the load, especially in a home game.

The only reason the D didn't give up more then 27 points was that the Bengal's didn't need to press.  After racing out to a 14 - 0 lead they were able to control the game.  When the Bills O finally got off the floor and had a nice TD drive to cut the lead to 14 - 7 the D promptly gave up a long, time consuming FG drive to again take a 2 score lead.  Then after the Bills had cut the Bengals lead to one score in the 3rd quarter the Bills D gave up a long time consuming TD drive that put them back up by 2 TD's late in the 3rd quarter.

The offense did not play well and was far from potent.  But they had no TO's until a meaningless late game INT.  The fact remains that the D was putrid that game and IMO bears the majority of the responsibility for the Bills losing .

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

I have lost ALL optimism based on the past 3 week clown performances against bottom feeders, let alone that embarrassing debacle in England! 

I can tolerate a jet lag (stupid decision) loss to a quality team. I cannot tolerate losing to the Zach & Mac show.  

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I would agree with you if McD was an offensive minded coach and the Bills had committed a majority of their draft picks and FA signings to the offense.  But McD is a defensive coach and the Bills clearly have pushed more resources to the defense over the last few seasons then the offense.  So in a game where the O is struggling, which happens even to the best offenses, I expect the Bills defense to carry the load, especially in a home game.

The only reason the D didn't give up more then 27 points was that the Bengal's didn't need to press.  After racing out to a 14 - 0 lead they were able to control the game.  When the Bills O finally got off the floor and had a nice TD drive to cut the lead to 14 - 7 the D promptly gave up a long, time consuming FG drive to again take a 2 score lead.  Then after the Bills had cut the Bengals lead to one score in the 3rd quarter the Bills D gave up a long time consuming TD drive that put them back up by 2 TD's late in the 3rd quarter.

The offense did not play well and was far from potent.  But they had no TO's until a meaningless late game INT.  The fact remains that the D was putrid that game and IMO bears the majority of the responsibility for the Bills losing .

Look I know the D wasn't good but the offense scored 3 points after half-time and 10 for the game.  They stunk up the joint just as much.

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

Look I know the D wasn't good but the offense scored 3 points after half-time and 10 for the game.  They stunk up the joint just as much.

I know, right. The bills were only down 10 at halftime and got the ball to start the third. They drove the whole field and kicked a FG from the 9. If the Bills had punched that one in, the whole game could have played out differently from there. Also, if Allen doesn't overthrow Diggs on third down on the first drive, the whole game could have been different. That was more than one inflection point in that game.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.