Week 9 thread - We’re on to Cincinnati

BillsFan619

9 hours ago, PBF81 said:

I'm trying to figure out where that question came from.  

It's entirely out of context with anything that I wrote.  

The entire point is that two TOs setting us up for 10 points all but inside Miami's Red Zone gave us that decisive win, with both teams putting up similar yards and performance otherwise.  

The primary point is that Miami's the only team that doesn't currently have a losing record and a negative point-differential, that we've beaten.  

That's it.  Really.  

Relying on TOs is not a recipe for playoff success.  

Plain and simple.  

Just wondering.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

McD (and his disciples here) go on about his defense and frankly they are mediocre (or much worse) when games are on the line. 

I'll agree the offense needs to carry them and that means aggressive coaching  on that side of the ball, but quit always making excuses for the defense.  Are they injured yes, but then it is next man up?  Remember how bad Cincy's OL was coming into the playoff game vs. Buffalo and they manhandled them.

We should expect the same from McD of the defensive side of the ball.

Of course I'll be thrilled with a 38-35 victory and complaining about the defense next week.😜🤣 

Why have the 49ers been struggling on offense that last few weeks?  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, balln said:

Cincy going to stomp bills. Just like I said last year. Burrow is elite dink and dunker. Kills zone. And if you ever switch to man - like 4-5 plays a game- he immediately recognizes it and then hits chase over the top . Makes you pay. Our pass rush is basically coverage sack guys now - they won’t get to him bc he gets the ball out quick. No one on our team can tackle consistently - Mixon will have a big day 

and w their D coordinator - I don’t trust Allen and offense to play flawless game which they’ll need 

Ok, guess I shouldn’t even bother watching then

In it's current configuration I don't see how we can stop Burrow and keep Mixon in check.  Using Poyer at LB is a great idea and probably helps stop the coverage problems we were having from both Dodson and Williams.  I don't think Rapp is very good in coverage but maybe he's still getting up to speed.  Stopping the run is something no one is talking about and what I think will be the larger problem.  If Mixon is gauging us out o the gate it will instantly make for an easy day for Burrow.

9 minutes ago, Casey D said:

God this place is depressing.  At least expectations are low I suppose.

Innit, tho?

The Bengals have played precisely ONE good game this year. That was this week. And that was against a team with captain average at QB, missing Deebo Samuel.

There is no team more over-rated right now than SF, and yet these people are acting like they're the montana 9ers

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

Can this secondary cover Chase, Boyd, and Higgins?  Only if Bills generate an effective pass rush.  But otherwise maybe if they pick up a couple all-pro corners at the trade deadline. 

If they could just play coverage they would probably give up some yards but might get a turnover or two with pressure.  If Mixon gets off it will make it much harder.

The Bills offense is going to have to score in the high 30's at least to have a shot at winning. Burrow is finally healthy, and I think the Bengals offense is going to be a major problem for the Bills defense. If the Bills win it will be a high scoring shootout type of game.

10 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

After the “Hamlin Incident” and the pathetic playoff loss. McD better have this game circled and he better have his team ready to play. 

Another embarrassment would be just more proof that our head coach does not learn from his errors. 

This game will tell me a lot about McD and his compete level. 

Win the toss, do not differ again, get the ball and score first.  

24 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Innit, tho?

The Bengals have played precisely ONE good game this year. That was this week. And that was against a team with captain average at QB, missing Deebo Samuel.

There is no team more over-rated right now than SF, and yet these people are acting like they're the montana 9ers

Bengals just look like a bad matchup for the Bills.  I can’t imagine what Higgins and Chase might do to this defense if we aren’t able to get a lot pressure on Burrow …Bills best chance is to stick with the no-huddle and try to outscore them, which won’t be easy because the Bengals defense is no joke.  This team owned us last year and I’m not sure I see any reason to think it will be different this year.

• Agree 1

I don't see how they stop the bengals running game.  Without stopping that they have zero chance of slowing down the passing offense.

Sadly it seems the bengals can run dives and draws and just run at will with the current state of the middle of the defense. 

This just feels like a week this team is going to have to take its medicine and then forget about it and move on.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.