Week 9 thread - We’re on to Cincinnati

BillsFan619

6 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I was just going to say trolls are going to be unbearable this week . Bills can definitely win this. The blue print is out there to beat Cincy. Cleveland owns them and how does Cleveland own them they run it down their throats between the tackles. James Cook has to have a good game. 

Trolls? 

We should also have easily been able to beat the Jets sans Rodgers, New England with Mac Jones, and the Giants with a plate full of slop there.  We lost two of those games and barely beat the third, and didn't play like we should have.   

I'm not sure it's possible to troll in that regard at this point.  

The only team with a postive Point-Differential and a record better than 3-4 that we've beaten is Miami, and they played  us comparably and apart from two TOs could just as easily have won that game.  

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

SF is quickly sliding into “overrated” territory for me, especially after that Cleveland game 

The only real team SF beat this year is the Cowboys and they are as up and down as we are.  Purdy is what he is... an over rated middling QB. The difference between him and someone like Mac Jones is the 49ers have a stout team around him.  Thats good enough against a lot of teams but he turned the ball over 6 times in the last 3 games.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Trolls? 

We should also have easily been able to beat the Jets sans Rodgers, New England with Mac Jones, and the Giants with a plate full of slop there.  We lost two of those games and barely beat the third, and didn't play like we should have.   

The only team with a postive Point-Differential and a record better than 3-4 that we've beaten is Miami, and they played  us comparably and apart from two TOs could just as easily have won that game.  

It was 48-20

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Trolls? 

Just can’t agree with Miami playing the Bills comparably minus a couple TO’s. They got slapped around and kicked out of the stadium by the Bills that day. Game was nowhere near close. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Biggest game of the next four and among the three biggest remaining games, @ KC and @ Miami being the other two.  

We're already behind the other playoff contenders in Conference record at 2-3.  A loss here would make any tiebreakers on conference record a longshot.  

Not to mention, besides KC, our biggest AFC nemesis.  

We'll have had 10 full days to prepare.  Let's see if McD & Co. can cook something up that look a little different and fitted for Cincy.  

I agree.  A loss here and a Miami win against KC, which I think Miami can pull off, and the Bills are going to be outside looking in.  Miami would have big division lead with a soft schedule while the Bills go on to a rough schedule.  These games are pretty much all must win if we want to win the division.  If we don't win the division its these conference games that are going to keep us from doing it and these same conference games could keep us out of the playoffs altogether. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

This game is not going to bode well for us.  The Cinci is back on track and they really dominated SF.  SF looked really bad against Cinci, and Purdy was a turnover machine.  This is going to be a really tough game Sunday night.  The Bills have to play error free and must force turnovers to win this game.

I sure hope Cinci blew their great game today at SF and not next Sunday night.  Burrow is starting to look super accurate and dangerous.  Can’t see our D stopping the Bengals.  Allen and the O will need to be dialed in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Trolls? 

What Miami game did you watch? After their first 2 drives they did absolutely nothing and the Bills basically put up 50 on them

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Biggest game of the next four and among the three biggest remaining games, @ KC and @ Miami being the other two.  

We're already behind the other playoff contenders in Conference record at 2-3.  A loss here would make any tiebreakers on conference record a longshot.  

Not to mention, besides KC, our biggest AFC nemesis.  

We'll have had 10 full days to prepare.  Let's see if McD & Co. can cook something up that look a little different and fitted for Cincy.  

A loss to Cinci isn't nearly as big of a deal to me as a competitive effort. I don't care if its a slugfest or a shootout, I just want us to not look like a class below (again).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

It was 48-20

Right, and like I said, with help from 2 TOs leading to 10 points and otherwise the game being played comparably on both sides, actually with Miami playing more balanced offense even.  

Think what you want, not trying to change your mind.  But fine, it was a blowout.  Still, our only great win over a team that has a reasonable chance at making the playoffs.  Again, we tend to get up for our home opener and any big home games in September under McD.  Then we seem to level off, and "leveled off" is where we seem to be now in a steady-state.  

Given our last four games, averaging not even 21 PPG, I don't know how it's possible to troll in the context of the post I responded to.  It wasn't directed at me, just sayin'.  

We're hardly playing inspiring football in our steady-state status.  

17 minutes ago, kkim0904 said:

Our Defense is not strength against Cincinnati.  The offense needs to step up.  This game will be a shoot out like Miami game. 

The offense needs to be the main driver remainder of the season for us to have any shot. Defense needs to come up with some timely turnovers which is probably the most you can hope for with key players missing on that side of the ball. Hoping Beane can at a minimum make a move for 1T defensive tackle at the trade deadline. Stopping the run and making teams one dimensional gives us the best shot at being successful on that side of the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Just can’t agree with Miami playing the Bills comparably minus a couple TO’s. They got slapped around and kicked out of the stadium by the Bills that day. Game was nowhere near close. 

Well, OK, but they put up 393 Yards in a very balanced approach.  

If they don't turn the ball over to hand us 10 points, pretty literally with us actually losing a yard on one drive before kicking a FG, and convert both of those drives into 6 of 10 themselves, it's a pretty close game.  We only put up 21 more yards.  

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, PBF81 said:

Well, OK, but they put up 393 Yards in a very balanced approach.  

If they don't turn the ball over to hand us 10 points, pretty literally with us actually losing a yard on one drive before kicking a FG, and convert both of those drives into 6 of 10 themselves, it's a pretty close game.  We only put up 21 more yards.  

Did you think the Miami game was a poorly coached effort?

Just now, Toyo321 said:

We are not the same team that played in that game...  Especially on D.

No, we are not. We lost a lot of key pieces. 

I still contend that it WAS our biggest game, and we WERE pretty well prepared and played really well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I was just going to say trolls are going to be unbearable this week . Bills can definitely win this. The blue print is out there to beat Cincy. Cleveland owns them and how does Cleveland own them they run it down their throats between the tackles. James Cook has to have a good game. 

Yeah I think this game will be on the OL.  Similar to most games going forward

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I agree.  A loss here and a Miami win against KC, which I think Miami can pull off, and the Bills are going to be outside looking in.  Miami would have big division lead with a soft schedule while the Bills go on to a rough schedule.  These games are pretty much all must win if we want to win the division.  If we don't win the division its these conference games that are going to keep us from doing it and these same conference games could keep us out of the playoffs altogether. 

I'm actually comfortable making it as a wild-card this season.  

Takes the pressure off, and gets rid of this notion that we need the #1 seed to beat KC thereby putting all kinds of pressure on ourselves during the season.  IMO there's a lot of mental wear-n-tear that goes alongside that.  

Would like to see how we perform as dogs in the playoffs and hope we can get a hot streak after getting in as the 6th or 7th seed.  Hell, we haven't been able to do it as the #2 or #3 seed.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.