Week 9 thread - We’re on to Cincinnati

BillsFan619

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

They scored on their first drive of the second half and then didn't the rest of the game.

Well great, then, I guess we can expect our last 9 games to reflect that one then.  

Looks like we're headed for 9-0 the last half.  

LOL 

Honestly, the things that get nitpicked.  We beat four siht teams, and Miami, a huge rival that we've owned anyway, after getting up for the game as if it's the Super Bowl for us (HINT: could be part of our/McD's problem), lose to two other teams that are 3-3 and 2-5, while having played the second easiest schedule in the league up to now, and people take issue with a game in which we got 2 TOs giving us the ball at the MIami 31 and 25 yard lines for 10 points, the second of which only, put the game away late in the 3rd.  

Seems to me that without those it's an 11 point game with 20 minutes or so remaining.  But hey, what do I know.  

Let's see if we can match that effort even once more this season.  Counting on it appears to be foolish however given the fact that we seem to have hit steady-state performance and opponents have deciphered McD's genius Ds with Dorsey's Offenses putting up an average of fewer than 21 points per game the last four games.  

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Well great, then, I guess we can expect our last 9 games to reflect that one then.  

Looks like we're headed for 9-0 the last half.  

LOL 

Honestly, the things that get nitpicked.  We beat four siht teams, and Miami, a huge rival that we've owned anyway, after getting up for the game as if it's the Super Bowl for us (HINT: could be part of our/McD's problem), lose to two other teams that are 3-3 and 2-5, while having played the second easiest schedule in the league up to now, and people take issue with a game in which we got 2 TOs giving us the ball at the MIami 31 and 25 yard lines for 10 points, the second of which only, put the game away late in the 3rd.  

Seems to me that without those it's an 11 point game with 20 minutes or so remaining.  But hey, what do I know.  

Let's see if we can match that effort even once more this season.  Counting on it appears to be foolish however given the fact that we seem to have hit steady-state performance and opponents have deciphered McD's genius Ds with Dorsey's Offenses putting up an average of fewer than 21 points per game the last four games.  

I'm trying to understand how us creating turnovers is somehow now a bad thing.....yeah I've got ***** nothing. An 11pt game, just assuming we wouldn't have done anything, which considering we scored again after that feels like maybe that's not true. Besides that we didn't put the game away late in the 3rd we ran away with it.

Honestly I don't know what the point of this is, you said something obviously wrong and got called out on it. You want to be an obnoxious downer talking about how we played a weak schedule and beat weak teams, fine I don't care, I'll ignore it like I usually do. When you say we almost lost to the Dolphins, you're going to get mocked and you'll deserve it.

• Like (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

OK, since it's so taxing for you, forget that game.  

Apparently you think that beating a 3-5, two 3-4, and one 2-6 team, none of which have positive point-differentials, is a positive.  

That's fine, someone's gotta think that I suppose.  

Anyway, that was the primary point.  If you want to extrapolate an entire season on one win, feel free.  It's not in my wheelhouse of competent analysis to do that.  

:) 

The first sentence shows you’re F.O.S.

Taxing?! What? Why forget that game when that’s all I responded to. I didn’t say anything about any other games. 

To the 2nd paragraph, again I was replying to a specific sentence by you. But, yes winning games is a positive. I’m guessing more people here think it’s a positive, lynch mob aside. Lynch mob people like you complain about wins, even weeks later. Dammed if they do, dammed if they don’t with you and your crew. You’re probably still complaining about an ugly playoff win last year vs Miami. 

To the bold: 

I specifically replied to the following from you: apart from two TOs could just as easily have won that game.  
Extrapolate based on one game? Stop it. It was a direct reply to your ridiculous statement. Miami didn’t just gift us a game. We won that game and made them turn the ball over. 
🙂

Edited by Dopey
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm trying to understand how us creating turnovers is somehow now a bad thing.....yeah I've got ***** nothing. An 11pt game, just assuming we wouldn't have done anything, which considering we scored again after that feels like maybe that's not true. Besides that we didn't put the game away late in the 3rd we ran away with it.

Honestly I don't know what the point of this is, you said something obviously wrong and got called out on it. You want to be an obnoxious downer talking about how we played a weak schedule and beat weak teams, fine I don't care, I'll ignore it like I usually do. When you say we almost lost to the Dolphins, you're going to get mocked and you'll deserve it.

He's trying to say possibly beat 4 bad team's and beating the dolphins was Bills Superbowl game. Honestly I smell bull *****. That person acts like knows everything but knows nothing. 

Let the damn season play out 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

I think the Bills were favored in that game ( @ KC in regular season ‘21) . No? 

KC was favored by 3.5 in 2021 in the regular season and 3 in the playoff matchup (we were favored over KC in 2022 though):

https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/buffalo-kansas-city-odds-october-10-2021-1410786

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-vs-chiefs-odds-line-nfl-picks-2021-afc-championship-game-predictions-by-advanced-model-on-120-78-run/

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm kind of glad we didn't get Cincy when they were struggling.  We are pretty evenly matched w/ that team.

A big win next week could set the tone for a run in the home stretch.  The Bengals at the top of their game are better than the Chiefs or Ravens, imo.  If we can beat them on the road, in prime time, it would be pretty exciting.  Optimism would reign here once again.

• Agree 2

Luckily for us Irv Smith is not as good of a replacement for Hurst as Bengals had hoped. Getting consistent pressure on Burrow with 4 is essential. Hopefully Von’s knee is ready to go. 

Looking ahead at the weather it looks like a nice fall night with zero precipitation in the forecast. 

Our mini-bye should also help.

22 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Not at all.  

I thought the point was clear.  Maybe it wasn't.  I'll restate.  

The only win against a decent team was against Miami.  It was a two possession game until Mostert fumbled giving us a FG just before the half to put us up by 17.  Say he doesn't fumble, and they go down and kick a FG before the half instead.  Hardly unreasonable given the way we've played in pretty much every other game since that one.  We're up by 11 rather than 17 at the half.  

Suppose Tua doesn't throw that pick in the mid-3rd that we converted to a TD already in FG range.  Suppose they drive down and get a FG or perhaps even a TD.  Instead of us being up by 21, we're up by 11 or even only 7 at that point and it's a completely different game.  

That's what those 2 TOs did for us.  I don't think it was wrong, simply putting the perspective of those TOs in there.  There's absolutely nothing in our play dossier since then that screams out once we're up by 7-10 the game's in hand.  LOL  If people have a different perspective, great.  It's not mine.  And given that that emotionally hyped game, common for us early in the season, was our only solid game over an opponent that's even going to sniff the playoffs much less making them, to me it's relevant.  Not sure how else to put it.  

TOs, and there shouldn't be any disagreement, are not something that can be counted on for winning games.  "Creating TOs" is obviously good.  But if I were to tell you at the beginning of the season that we'd only win games when we have a + TO margin, how confident would you be in our record?  

Either way, great, so let's agree that it's wrong.  It's still way way way out of the context of the original point.  

Let's see if McD can deliver anything even close to what came out of the tunnel for the Miami game.  Many will be pleasantly surprised if that's the case.  But we'll have to start winning games without the assistance of TOs at some point if we expect to do anything in the playoffs.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

That person acts like knows everything but knows nothing. 

The "homers" on this board would absolutely have a negative bent when talking about this team, and would spend a lot of their time engaging in criticism this year, if this wasn't the case for the vast majority of people turning every thread into a "bills are pretenders" thread. But they are all like this. It is so tiresome. Smug, insufferable, dim, a terrible combination 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Not at all.  

The only win against a decent team was against Miami.  It was a two possession game until Mostert fumbled giving us a FG just before the half to put us up by 17.  Say he doesn't fumble, and they go down and kick a FG before the half instead.  Hardly unreasonable given the way we've played in pretty much every other game since that one.  We're up by 11 rather than 17 at the half.  

Suppose Tua doesn't throw that pick in the mid-3rd that we converted to a TD already in FG range.  Suppose they drive down and get a FG or perhaps even a TD.  Instead of us being up by 21, we're up by 11 or even only 7 at that point and it's a completely different game.  

That's what those 2 TOs did for us.  I don't think it was wrong, simply putting the perspective of those TOs in there.  There's absolutely nothing in our play dossier since then that screams out once we're up by 7-10 the game's in hand.  LOL  If people have a different perspective, great.  It's not mine.  And given that that emotionally hyped game, common for us early in the season, was our only solid game over an opponent that's even going to sniff the playoffs much less making them, to me it's relevant.  Not sure how else to put it.  

TOs, and there shouldn't be any disagreement, are not something that can be counted on for winning games.  "Creating TOs" is obviously good.  But if I were to tell you at the beginning of the season that we'd only win games when we have a + TO margin, how confident would you be in our record?  

Either way, great, so let's agree that it's wrong.  It's still way way way out of the context of the original point.  

To the bold:  You can die on that hill if you want but, THAT’S NOT HOW IT WORKS. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

You do see how ridiculous you sound with the bold, right? You have to. 

39 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

BTW, I'll put it another way.

Also, I couldn't care less if I'm mocked or end up being wrong.  That's not why I'm here.  I do my best to think my takes out, and when I am wrong I don't mind owning up to it.  

Anyway, last season when we had a negative TO ratio, i.e., when we were on the short end of TOs, we were 9-4.

This season to date, we're 2-3.  

Not sure there's a lot of optimism that we'll go 7-1 in games where we're on the short end this season so far should it come to that.  

Make more sense now?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

I'm very concerned about how the defense stops these guys. I think we'll be fine on O. They chewed through our D last year in both those games. Whatever the plan is, hope it's a good one. 

The plan is going to be score one or two more TDs than the other guys. It will have to be - the current version of the Bills D is not going to shut down teams. Especially those with your better QBs. 

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Right, and like I said, with help from 2 TOs leading to 10 points and otherwise the game being played comparably on both sides, actually with Miami playing more balanced offense even.  

Think what you want, not trying to change your mind.  But fine, it was a blowout.  Still, our only great win over a team that has a reasonable chance at making the playoffs.  Again, we tend to get up for our home opener and any big home games in September under McD.  Then we seem to level off, and "leveled off" is where we seem to be now in a steady-state.  

Given our last four games, averaging not even 21 PPG, I don't know how it's possible to troll in the context of the post I responded to.  It wasn't directed at me, just sayin'.  

We're hardly playing inspiring football in our steady-state status.  

Leading to 10 points? So then it would have been 38-20

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

Not at all.  

Let's see if McD can deliver anything even close to what came out of the tunnel for the Miami game.  Many will be pleasantly surprised if that's the case.  But we'll have to start winning games without the assistance of TOs at some point if we expect to do anything in the playoffs.  

If Mostert hadn't fumbled then unless he can teleport he's getting tackled for a loss and it's 4th down, they punt we get it with time to drive down and get a FG or gasp since we're randomly rewriting history a TD. As for the INT assuming we don't change it to a completion for some unfathomable reason it'd be 3rd and 10 deep in their own side of the field. Considering they didn't score any points at all since that first drive in the second half in the actual game, I have no earthly idea why I would assume they would get any points let alone a TD.

Yeah this whole thing is just dumb, and thinking they could have done anything if they hadn't fumbled when that play and series was dead on arrival makes me question if you actually watched the game.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

OK, since it's so taxing for you, forget that game.  

Apparently you think that beating a 3-5, two 3-4, and one 2-6 team, none of which have positive point-differentials, is a positive.  

That's fine, someone's gotta think that I suppose.  

Anyway, that was the primary point.  If you want to extrapolate an entire season on one win, feel free.  It's not in my wheelhouse of competent analysis to do that.  

:) 

Miami hasn't beat a team with a winning record at all. The Raiders and Redskins negative point differential is mostly cause of the beating the Bills out on them. The Skins played Philly tough twice, records aren't the entire story.

45 minutes ago, Dopey said:

To the bold:  You can die on that hill if you want but, THAT’S NOT HOW IT WORKS. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

You do see how ridiculous you sound with the bold, right? You have to. 

He has a good point you know.. what if Josh threw zero TDs we probably would of lost 🤣🤣

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.