Random thought thread

4merper4mer

Did you know Nacho cheese got it name from components?

3 parts Nitrogen, 6 parts carbon, 5 parts hydrogen & 7 parts Oxygen? It creates sodium citrate add cheese for color and there you have it 

Na3 C6 H5 O7

Na C H O cheese! Not making this up. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Simon said:

I was just making bevel cuts off my tailgate with a chainsaw.

Am I a Mennonite or a redneck? 🤔

We went to a wedding in rural Georgia this summer where the Bride’s father and friends had a serious tailgate going prior to the service. He wore his best suspenders. They left their chainsaws at home I believe. They were not Mennonite.

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

Billy Strings is fantastic.

So good! I saw him three nights in a row back in July when he played three nights in a row just outside of Raleigh at a venue 20 minutes from my house...freaking have been to hundreds of concerts in my life, that was up there in terms of some of the most amazing live music I've seen, but also just the convenience was insane. 

They played that song I linked at one or the shows, and it's even better with Alex on the fiddle (that Red Rocks version was from a month or so before he joined the band)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HardyBoy said:

So good! I saw him three nights in a row back in July when he played three nights in a row just outside of Raleigh at a venue 20 minutes from my house...freaking have been to hundreds of concerts in my life, that was up there in terms of some of the most amazing live music I've seen, but also just the convenience was insane. 

They played that song I linked at one or the shows, and it's even better with Alex on the fiddle (that Red Rocks version was from a month or so before he joined the band)

Haven't seen him play yet... I have been on hiatus from live music for a few years. Mostly because I'm trying hard to retire early so I can go see more live music and not have to worry about Monday's

But I've been tuning into him for a few years

24 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

Did you know Nacho cheese got it name from components?

3 parts Nitrogen, 6 parts carbon, 5 parts hydrogen & 7 parts Oxygen? It creates sodium citrate add cheese for color and there you have it 

Na3 C6 H5 O7

Na C H O cheese! Not making this up. 

Messing with Ignacio Anaya is a very dangerous game. :ph34r:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Haven't seen him play yet... I have been on hiatus from live music for a few years. Mostly because I'm trying hard to retire early so I can go see more live music and not have to worry about Monday's

But I've been tuning into him for a few years

Admirable reason! Yeah, I saw them three nights in a row in Raleigh basically, had two nights off and then saw Phish in Wilmington for two nights...was 5 shows in 7 or 8 days and then I saw Nickle Creek in Raleigh the night after I got back from Wilmington...I think it ended up being six shows in nine nights (nice), where I didn't have to drive more than 20-30 minutes for four of them and the other was a quick vacation to Wilmington, which is one of my favorite cities on a Tuesday and Wednesday so airbnbs were cheaper a bit...I’ve never had it line up so nicely before for such big acts, but I was absolutely sore af for a bit after that! Lol, took a week off work, when I got back, people asked what I did for my time off, I was like saw 5 concerts and I'm going to another one tonight (I worked just that Friday and then was off for the weekend)

Retiring and going around seeing live music though, that would be epic!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

then I saw Nickle Creek in Raleigh the night after I got back from Wilmington

Wow, didn't realize they were still playing together.

I thought Thile was still off running around with the Punch Brothers.

1 minute ago, muppy said:

who else buys Halloween candy too early and end up needing to buy more for Halloween .   OOF

Buy it the day after for nothing. The candy and the kids won’t know the difference. As a kid we were more into how may pounds we could collect. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Buy it the day after for nothing. The candy and the kids won’t know the difference. As a kid we were more into how may pounds we could collect. 

pillow cases full

my neighborhood has a few kids . A lot of people decorate but the trick or treating isn't that popular. I'm not sure why.

I would take my kids to the neighborhoods with duplexes.  2 doors for the price of one  🙂

10 minutes ago, muppy said:

pillow cases full

my neighborhood has a few kids . A lot of people decorate but the trick or treating isn't that popular. I'm not sure why.

I would take my kids to the neighborhoods with duplexes.  2 doors for the price of one  🙂

I lived in a place with townhouses and garden apartments. The townhouses were great, but the garden apartments were two stories with four units per floor. Ring all four upstairs bells, then all four downstairs and you are in and out better than any of the Ocean’s movies!   😋

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Wow, didn't realize they were still playing together.

I thought Thile was still off running around with the Punch Brothers.

They did a tour this summer, but I'm pretty sure I saw Punch Brother videos on YouTube with Watchhouse (formerly mandolin orange) and I'm pretty sure them with Sierra Hull also... but maybe that wasn't from this year.

I'd never really listened to Nickle Creek before, but had listened to other stuff of theirs separately for sure...it was really good!

I saw Sierra Ferrell open for Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats in Raleigh a few weeks ago...I was literally third row center in the pit, she's so amazing! Nathaniel Rateliff was great too, but I've been wanting to see Sierra Ferrell for a few years now and that was amazing.

15 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Admirable reason! Yeah, I saw them three nights in a row in Raleigh basically, had two nights off and then saw Phish in Wilmington for two nights...was 5 shows in 7 or 8 days and then I saw Nickle Creek in Raleigh the night after I got back from Wilmington...I think it ended up being six shows in nine nights (nice), where I didn't have to drive more than 20-30 minutes for four of them and the other was a quick vacation to Wilmington, which is one of my favorite cities on a Tuesday and Wednesday so airbnbs were cheaper a bit...I’ve never had it line up so nicely before for such big acts, but I was absolutely sore af for a bit after that! Lol, took a week off work, when I got back, people asked what I did for my time off, I was like saw 5 concerts and I'm going to another one tonight (I worked just that Friday and then was off for the weekend)

Retiring and going around seeing live music though, that would be epic!

I've definitely done my share of shows. 80 Grateful Dead/JGB  shows with Jerry 

about 20 Phish shows, Moe Galactic KDTU most of those 60s and 70s bands etc... etc... 

I did Phish in NJ in 2010 then went to see Warren Haynes at Mountain Jam for 5 days after that.... I was toast for a couple of weeks after that run

• Thank you (+1) 1

Buttermilk is underutilized as a chicken marinade. It might be the one thing the South got right. I used it for Chicken Parmesan (gasp!) recently and it was the best I’ve ever made. Ditto as a marinade for wings a few months back. I am now of the opinion that any chicken not marinaded in buttermilk is a waste. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

I wonder how many times guys who are named "Dan" hear "Dan the man!" in their lives.

We recently adopted a ten-year-old beagle named Stanley. (His previous family named him.) I call him "Stan the Man."

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.