No "sugar-rush" Josh vs. JAX?

The Red King

Yes, I like that despite being down he didn’t start playing hero ball. He also wasn’t the reason the Bills lost yesterday in comparison to the Jets game. 

Injuries, travel, WRs not catching the football and a defense who despite playing admirably couldn’t get off the field enough 

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Yes, I like that despite being down he didn’t start playing hero ball. He also wasn’t the reason the Bills lost yesterday in comparison to the Jets game. 

Injuries, travel, WRs not catching the football and a defense who despite playing admirably couldn’t get off the field enough 

You do know Mahomes is known to play hero ball and seems to work there.  

We need more Allen hero ball and less dinks and dunks when the Bills are in tight games.   

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

You do know Mahomes is known to play hero ball and seems to work there.  

We need more Allen hero ball and less dinks and dunks when the Bills are in tight games.   

It’s very much cost him games. He lost the Cinci AFC title game playing hero ball. The game the Bills dominated in Arrowhead was hero ball. The difference between Mahomes and Allen is he has a better OC and plays within Andy Reid’s system leading to a higher consistency rate of wins and Mahomes does hero ball less often 

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

It’s very much cost him games. He lost the Cinci AFC title game playing hero ball. The game the Bills dominated in Arrowhead was hero ball. The difference between Mahomes and Allen is he has a better OC and plays within Andy Reid’s system leading to a higher consistency rate of wins and Mahomes does hero ball less often 

The Cincy game definitely is on Mahomes and Reid's stoopid call at the end of the first half.  However no one has used the word hero ball to describe Mahomes and his bad games are shrugged off.  We'll be hearing about the Jet's game for a long time and frankly I am worried Allen's free spirit is being beaten out of him by the coaches.

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The Cincy game definitely is on Mahomes and Reid's stoopid call at the end of the first half.  However no one has used the word hero ball to describe Mahomes and his bad games are shrugged off.  We'll be hearing about the Jet's game for a long time and frankly I am worried Allen's free spirit is being beaten out of him by the coaches.

it needs to be a bit imo. I think he’s been a hell of a lot better in these last  4 games than at any point in his career including Sunday. You lead the league in turnovers year after year by playing free spirited. 

This team will most likely be 6-2 when they go into Cincinnati and is the next big test for him 

The problem that I saw was that either Dorsey or Josh was afraid to take the shots when they’re there. You run the ball and take short passes to get teams out of the two high shells. The Jags started bringing guys down into the box. When you get that, taking medium to long pass options is not “hero ball.” It’s actually taking what the defense is giving you. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mrags said:

You saw that as encouraging? I think he looked sulking in the sideline like he was a dog that just had his balls cut off. Would have been nice to see some fire from him. Blame the coaches I guess. Either they miscalculated and should have arrived in London at the beginning of the week, or they could get the team up to play. Either way, it’s on the coaches. 

Blame the coaches?

How about:

Fan base adores you.

You seem like a legitimately good person.

If you had been with a big market team you’d have been run out of town after two years.  We stuck with you.

You blossomed and were shown more love…..the fan base bought you a hospital for Pete’s sake

Hollywood girlfriend, lots of commercials, F1, cute Derby outfit

Is it too much to ask that he harness his immense talent and not either get hyperactive or start pouting….you know…grow up?

Blame the coaches?  Shirley.

I 100% believe Allen has it in him to turn the corner and lead.  The talent is there without any doubt.  Whether he will choose to grow up and lead is all that is left to be answered.  I hope he does.  I think he will.  I hope it is soon and not after some long drawn out maturation that culminates him leading the 2029 Denver Broncos to a Lombardi.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

maybe because it’s a ridiculous comment. You see a 5 second shot of a guy on tv out of 3 hours on the sideline and act like that’s how he is all game. 

if he did anything else we would have the entire media world talking about how he wants to be traded out of Buffalo. 

I saw no spark or fire under Allen's as$ until there was five minutes to go in the game. Probably because of jet leg due to pis$ poor scheduling. Whatever the reason the offense was as flat as a pancake. Stayed flat for way way way too long!!!

Dorsey made what adjustments? More off tackle runs with Cook? 

How many of us thought ok we get the ball after halftime and the Bills are going to score. Win the game with some nice offensive plays. Nope nope and nope. It was more shi!!y plays and more sleep walking. Offense had nothing and it showed. Dorsey was incapable of adjusting to their defensive scheme, Josh played way too conservative, and the oline was asleep at the wheel except when holding. They certainly didn't open up any holes. That's the game I saw. Not sure what game you saw?

At least the seriously depleted and undermanned defense played with heart. They gave it their all. I saw effort, passion. McD mixed up the defensive calls and dialed up timely blitzes. The Bills defensive went out with a bang. Hung in there despite the lack of talent due to key injuries. Made some big plays to give the offense a chance. I really can't say a lot of bad about their effort under the circumstances. Really a complete opposite of the Bills offense. 

You can point to travel, unfair advantage, poor ref calls, injuries, etc... Certainly all of this has its place and validity. 

As a fan, I cannot accept when a team is flat, has no energy, gets out worked, gets pushed around, out coached, out planned, and doesn't make adjustments. You don't continue doing the same or similar things after consistent failure. That's exactly what the Bills offense did until halfway through the 4th quarter. Wouldn't you agree? 

A loss is one thing if a team just out executes you and plays beyond their usual level of play. Any given day sort of speak. That wasn't the case vs the Jags. They were ready to play and the Bills weren't. The Jags coaches executed a solid game plan and the Bills coaches didn't. The Jags coaches made adjustments and the Bills cosches ( Dorsey) didn't. The Jags players executed plays more than the Bills' players. Frankly, it was a poor effort on the whole Bills' organization. Sure felt like old regimes and coaches of the miserable past I was watching. Anyone else have a little flashback? 

However, this game was bigger than a loss on the win loss column. The Milano and Jones injury with Tre are borderline devastating and game changing. To think otherwise is drinking the cool aid. Of course, we fans will mostly be optimistic and hope for the best. I certainly will hope for the best but my optimism isn't high. 

This Bills team cannot escape serious injuries to elite and key players. This team has repeatedly failed to get over the hope. The team is just good enough to give us hope. A hope most gravitate towards years after year. Only to fall short year after year. Sadly, I see the cycle continuing. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I saw no spark or fire under Allen's as$ until there was five minutes to go in the game. Probably because of jet leg due to pis$ poor scheduling. Whatever the reason the offense was as flat as a pancake. Stayed flat for way way way too long!!!

Dorsey made what adjustments? More off tackle runs with Cook? 

How many of us thought ok we get the ball after halftime and the Bills are going to score. Win the game with some nice offensive plays. Nope nope and nope. It was more shi!!y plays and more sleep walking. Offense had nothing and it showed. Dorsey was incapable of adjusting to their defensive scheme, Josh played way too conservative, and the oline was asleep at the wheel except when holding. They certainly didn't open up any holes. That's the game I saw. Not sure what game you saw?

At least the seriously depleted and undermanned defense played with heart. They gave it their all. I saw effort, passion. McD mixed up the defensive calls and dialed up timely blitzes. The Bills defensive went out with a bang. Hung in there despite the lack of talent due to key injuries. Made some big plays to give the offense a chance. I really can't say a lot of bad about their effort under the circumstances. Really a complete opposite of the Bills offense. 

You can point to travel, unfair advantage, poor ref calls, injuries, etc... Certainly all of this has its place and validity. 

As a fan, I cannot accept when a team is flat, has no energy, gets out worked, gets pushed around, out coached, out planned, and doesn't make adjustments. You don't continue doing the same or similar things after consistent failure. That's exactly what the Bills offense did until halfway through the 4th quarter. Wouldn't you agree? 

A loss is one thing if a team just out executes you and plays beyond their usual level of play. Any given day sort of speak. That wasn't the case vs the Jags. They were ready to play and the Bills weren't. The Jags coaches executed a solid game plan and the Bills coaches didn't. The Jags coaches made adjustments and the Bills cosches ( Dorsey) didn't. The Jags players executed plays more than the Bills' players. Frankly, it was a poor effort on the whole Bills' organization. Sure felt like old regimes and coaches of the miserable past I was watching. Anyone else have a little flashback? 

However, this game was bigger than a loss on the win loss column. The Milano and Jones injury with Tre are borderline devastating and game changing. To think otherwise is drinking the cool aid. Of course, we fans will mostly be optimistic and hope for the best. I certainly will hope for the best but my optimism isn't high. 

This Bills team cannot escape serious injuries to elite and key players. This team has repeatedly failed to get over the hope. The team is just good enough to give us hope. A hope most gravitate towards years after year. Only to fall short year after year. Sadly, I see the cycle continuing. 

The defense gave up countless 3rd & long conversions and couldn't get off the field.  They made two plays, when the ball was already deep in Buffalo territory and both happened to be 3rd down plays (so at most saved 6 points).  Tired of the accolades they got.  Make a play when it was third & 11 from the Jax 5-6 yards line and the game is switched.

The offense again did not adjust and Allen is sent in piss poor play calls and yep when he has only call to make he better complete the pass (no drops) or they're punting.  Classic Bills coaching.😡

What happened to him running?  Third of 7's you'd know once if flushed out of the pocket he'd find a receiver or scamper for the 1st down.  Now it is a controlled pass at the chains. 

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Agree 2

What i thought a out the 2nd live game i Saw :

there was a lot of over the middle 6-12y complétions for the jags

a lot of complétions for the 0 wr jags

on some Plays Josh could have rush for the 1st bc there were room, it ended on droped passes

jags offense was way more fluide

almost every bills run was a failure by design

several Times i checked the scoreboard and i saw 20ish y total offense

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

weak post

Your 2 word reply is weak 

57 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Blame the coaches?

How about:

Fan base adores you.

You seem like a legitimately good person.

If you had been with a big market team you’d have been run out of town after two years.  We stuck with you.

You blossomed and were shown more love…..the fan base bought you a hospital for Pete’s sake

Hollywood girlfriend, lots of commercials, F1, cute Derby outfit

Is it too much to ask that he harness his immense talent and not either get hyperactive or start pouting….you know…grow up?

Blame the coaches?  Shirley.

I 100% believe Allen has it in him to turn the corner and lead.  The talent is there without any doubt.  Whether he will choose to grow up and lead is all that is left to be answered.  I hope he does.  I think he will.  I hope it is soon and not after some long drawn out maturation that culminates him leading the 2029 Denver Broncos to a Lombardi.

Charlie Sheen Applause GIF

25 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The defense gave up countless 3rd & long conversions and couldn't get off the field.  They made two plays, when the ball was already deep in Buffalo territory and both happened to be 3rd down plays (so at most saved 6 points).  Tired of the accolades they got.  Make a play when it was third & 11 from the Jax 5-6 yards line and the game is switched.

The offense again did not adjust and Allen is sent in piss poor play calls and yep when he has only call to make he better complete the pass (no drops) or they're punting.  Classic Bills coaching.😡

What happened to him running?  Third of 7's you'd know once in the pocket he'd find a receiver or scamper for the 1st down.  Now it is a controlled pass at the chains. 

I'm not saying the defense was good because it wasn't. However, the effort was there and McD did try different things. That was my main point. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, The Red King said:

Kinda lost in the mix...but when things went to crap and time was running out, some people worried about Josh going full hero ball.  I'm sure he was tempted, but I'll admit I was a bit surprised to see he didn't.

Maybe he actually took that Week One disaster to heart.  Too early to tell, but Sun. was at least encouraging in that regard.

I was worried about this, and totally agree. Did a nice job staying with it, and we almost came back. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

mrags, bob jones, and newcam have to be the same person. The spout the same BS and upboot each others posts. Can they start a forum where they just go whine and B word to themselves all day long?!

Can you say something of substance instead of spreading ridiculous accusations? 

• Vomit 1

14 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm not saying the defense was good because it wasn't. However, the effort was there and McD did try different things. That was my main point. 

And the offense did not until the fourth quarter, down two scores.  

Regardless make one play on third down deep in Jax territory, the field is flipped and so may be the outcome.  

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

His last TD drive had "F*** this" energy written all over. He 100% willed that scoring drive. It was very impressive 

Which should have started in the first quarter, but NO!!!  Dorsey has a game plan to establish the run and some dink and dunks......😉   

9 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Call it whatever you want. If you are ok with 7 points scored midway through the 4th quarter then I don't know what to say. 

If you are ok with punting six times out of your first seven possessions then I don't know what to say.

Call it whatever you want. I'll call it unacceptable and a great way to lose games. 

I think the op’s point was we needed more hero ball depending on what the definition of hero ball is…and if he had attacked deep more and thrown another int people would’ve been saying ‘sugar high josh at it again’ when in reality it is what the game required

it also didn’t help that 4 pretty much wide open drops killed drives, tough to hold that against the qb. And the drives where we did score he had to overcome multiple holding penalties 

these critiques are all hindsight-y really.  Like obviously if they knew going into it the team would forget how to catch on virtually every big third and medium attempt all game they would’ve taken a lot more shots on earlier downs. We have that information because the game is already over.  But in the moment you’re down one score so there’s no reason to abandon what you’re doing 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

9 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Your synopsis isn't accurate for the majority of people here. 99% of Bills fans know Josh Allen is great and the solution not the problem. That doesn't mean he doesn't deserve criticism. The Jets game is a great example. 

Not many here are trashing Allen. I certainly am not. However, I did say I wish he was more vocal and emotional on the sidelines. I stand by that. A personal preference if you will. In the end, it's probably not a difference maker but a leader sometimes can spark others to play better.

It appeared the Bills offense needed a spark while watching the Jags game. Punting six out of your first seven possessions is terrible. Scoring 7 points midway through the 4th quarter is terrible. Maybe a little emotion could have helped? The Jags certainly were playing with emotion. You could feel it via the TV. Even McD stated the Bills couldn't match their energy! WTF!!!That's just not acceptable. Something needed to change way earlier in the game. But it never did until it was too late. 

I thought after halftime the Bills would regroup and show some life. Show some attitude and dominance. Nope they immediately punted after getting the ball. They remained stagnant, unemotional, going through the motions, and their sleep walking continued for another quarter and a half. McD continued his clapping on the sidelines and Dorsey continued to make shi! calls. 

I digress. What ever audibles or lack of Allen called didn't work for the greater part of the game. That's just as obvious as they come. The offense was bad. Allen was decent to good but not good enough. It was a game where Allen needed to be unleashed, use his legs, extend plays, and play with emotion. Wear the cape sort of speak. The team was dead on offense. It hindered Allen more than helping him. Allen is likely gun shy to try to be Farve like. It was a missed opportunity by Allen and Dorsey. 

In short, we Bills fans are soundly behind Allen. No one is saying he stinks or wishes he's in another uniform. Perhaps, we expect too much from our franchise QB. That could be fair to say. But what you are implying is borderline ridiculous. 

Leadership comes in many forms.  You don’t have to be a yeller to be a leader.  Looking back at great QBs Brady was, Manning at times, Montana certainly not.  Staubach certainly not.  And so on.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

The problem that I saw was that either Dorsey or Josh was afraid to take the shots when they’re there. You run the ball and take short passes to get teams out of the two high shells. The Jags started bringing guys down into the box. When you get that, taking medium to long pass options is not “hero ball.” It’s actually taking what the defense is giving you. 

I don’t understand the term hero ball at all haha but my best guess given the context is people would see josh dancing around while the oline is collapsing trying to buy time to hit a deep shot as hero ball if it didn’t get the results they were looking for 😂

A lot of the hero ball criticism relies on ignoring those types of plays when they do work so the whole thing is a bit hypocritical in my opinion.  Josh is making what should be considered hero ball type plays consistently but they are only brought up when they go wrong 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

10 hours ago, The Red King said:

Kinda lost in the mix...but when things went to crap and time was running out, some people worried about Josh going full hero ball.  I'm sure he was tempted, but I'll admit I was a bit surprised to see he didn't.

Maybe he actually took that Week One disaster to heart.  Too early to tell, but Sun. was at least encouraging in that regard.

I was almost certain the final scoring drive was all Sugar Rush Josh. His whole demeanor seemed to be "I'm gonna win this in spite of the gameplan."

Edited by pocoboy

No game sense from the coaching staff.

How did they not see based on defensive injuries and how Jax was able to move down the field almost every drive(luckily they turned it over in the redzone) that we needed to ramp up the offense?

Poor coaching is what that is.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Leadership comes in many forms.  You don’t have to be a yeller to be a leader.  Looking back at great QBs Brady was, Manning at times, Montana certainly not.  Staubach certainly not.  And so on.

I agree. I think it's about timing. Some situations call for some firey vocal discussions. When you punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, and punt on 7 offensive possessions I think that's a reasonable time to light a fire under some players as$es.

McD was too busy with running the decimated defense. Plus, he's more of a clapper than a get in your face challenge you. 

I just believe a change in attitude was badly needed. A little challenge and confrontation by the team's leader would have been a welcome site. Instead we saw a fiery frustrated Diggs expressing his displeasure to the team's leader. The leader looked uninterested and perhaps tired of Diggs antics. I'll never question Diggs desire to win. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think the op’s point was we needed more hero ball depending on what the definition of hero ball is…and if he had attacked deep more and thrown another int people would’ve been saying ‘sugar high josh at it again’ when in reality it is what the game required

it also didn’t help that 4 pretty much wide open drops killed drives, tough to hold that against the qb. And the drives where we did score he had to overcome multiple holding penalties 

these critiques are all hindsight-y really.  Like obviously if they knew going into it the team would forget how to catch on virtually every big third and medium attempt all game they would’ve taken a lot more shots on earlier downs. We have that information because the game is already over.  But in the moment you’re down one score so there’s no reason to abandon what you’re doing 

I disagree with the last line of your post. Being down one score was the direct result of doing what you were doing. As a Bills fan, I think the Bills should have been up by a double digit figure. Change was needed badly and much more quickly. I have confidence that Allen is versatile enough to led his team back off scripted. Coaching doesn't usually put the offense in the best position to win. Look at Miami, Detroit, San Fran, KC, and Cincinnati. They give their QBs and offenses optimum chances to excell. Buffalo is more in line with the likes of San Diego or the Raiders. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, The Red King said:

We needed a hero 

10 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

The truth is this: Anyone who believes that JA is the problem or even part of the problem, doesn’t know jack. Fans like that don’t deserve him as the all pro Qb of their team. I don’t give a shite if he yells and screams on the sideline like someone’s ideal interpretation of a leader. But when he goes out and gives his best and puts the team in a position to win that’s what counts. People look for problems like Diggs is a diva, Dion is fat, Blah bla bla. 

allen isn’t the problem

that doesn’t mean Allen couldn’t do things differently in some situations. 

in an important game like this, against a team we may be later meeting in the playoffs and using this as a decider of who gets to host it…. I would’ve been ok with letting him play a little looser once it was clear that the energy levels were off. Doesn’t have to be dumb and taking on a lb 7 yards short or 2 yards past the sticks- but a few runs, and putting the team on his back for a bit wouldn’t have upset me. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Your synopsis isn't accurate for the majority of people here. 99% of Bills fans know Josh Allen is great and the solution not the problem. That doesn't mean he doesn't deserve criticism. The Jets game is a great example. 

Not many here are trashing Allen. I certainly am not. However, I did say I wish he was more vocal and emotional on the sidelines. I stand by that. A personal preference if you will. In the end, it's probably not a difference maker but a leader sometimes can spark others to play better.

It appeared the Bills offense needed a spark while watching the Jags game. Punting six out of your first seven possessions is terrible. Scoring 7 points midway through the 4th quarter is terrible. Maybe a little emotion could have helped? The Jags certainly were playing with emotion. You could feel it via the TV. Even McD stated the Bills couldn't match their energy! WTF!!!That's just not acceptable. Something needed to change way earlier in the game. But it never did until it was too late. 

I thought after halftime the Bills would regroup and show some life. Show some attitude and dominance. Nope they immediately punted after getting the ball. They remained stagnant, unemotional, going through the motions, and their sleep walking continued for another quarter and a half. McD continued his clapping on the sidelines and Dorsey continued to make shi! calls. 

I digress. What ever audibles or lack of Allen called didn't work for the greater part of the game. That's just as obvious as they come. The offense was bad. Allen was decent to good but not good enough. It was a game where Allen needed to be unleashed, use his legs, extend plays, and play with emotion. Wear the cape sort of speak. The team was dead on offense. It hindered Allen more than helping him. Allen is likely gun shy to try to be Farve like. It was a missed opportunity by Allen and Dorsey. 

In short, we Bills fans are soundly behind Allen. No one is saying he stinks or wishes he's in another uniform. Perhaps, we expect too much from our franchise QB. That could be fair to say. But what you are implying is borderline ridiculous. 

This may apply to you but it doesn't to many of the posts I see on 2BD criticizing Allen. 

Obviously no sane football fan can openly trash Allen.  His production and achievements make that impossible for all but the most hateful lunatics. But what these people can do is go after Allen in a classic passive/aggressive way. 

I see it in the football media as well and I think it arises from so many people being so wrong about Allen's NFL prospects.  They went way out on the limb telling us Allen could never be an NFL starter let alone an elite franchise QB. 

I can't speak to other posters ultimate motivations on criticizing Allen.  But I can see patterns.  I do believe that you are not an Allen hating person criticizing for the sake of criticizing.  I don't agree with you but debating you on Allen is part of what makes 2BD a great place to talk Bills football.  But there are other posters who either have never gotten over trashing Allen on draft day or who are simply trolling Bills fans.

11 hours ago, mrags said:

You saw that as encouraging? I think he looked sulking in the sideline like he was a dog that just had his balls cut off. Would have been nice to see some fire from him. Blame the coaches I guess. Either they miscalculated and should have arrived in London at the beginning of the week, or they could get the team up to play. Either way, it’s on the coaches. 

You can always tell by Josh on the sidelines how the Bills are doing. When it’s going well he’s all smiles and engaged with teammates. When it’s not he sits and has a blank stare.

10 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Genuinely what is ‘hero ball’…this is one of my biggest pet peeves in football discourse right now 😂 the dude had to dodge pass rushers to buy himself time to attack deep to move the ball.  Is that not hero ball?  Is it only called hero ball when it doesn’t work? 

If hero ball is finding a way to push the ball down the field when your offensive line is getting smoked we likely needed even more hero ball in that one lol

I too have noticed that the term has morphed into failed off-script plays.  The successful, off-script, "I've never seen that done before Josh" plays have become so routine that they defy a moniker.  It's just what Josh does.  The new reality is Josh checks down more and runs less.  Completing two passes in a 3 play sequence and not getting a first down seems so outside of his football character.  The offense needed to create more first downs and they were slow to realize how badly they needed them. 

Edited by JESSEFEFFER
  • Agree 1

Hero ball is Josh thinking he has to do it all himself.  It leads to him running when he doesn't have to and forcing passes in that should never been thrown in the first place.

Again, Week One.  I can't make this any clearer.  This should not be so difficult a concept.

That aside, the people who ripped Allen for single-handedly blowing Week One due to hero ball are the same ones complaining that he should have played the way he did Week One?  Ridiculous.

This thread just proves that the Allen haters will find some reason to criticize him no matter what, even if the current reason makes hypocrites out of them.

14 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Hero ball is Josh thinking he has to do it all himself.  It leads to him running when he doesn't have to and forcing passes in that should never been thrown in the first place.

Again, Week One.  I can't make this any clearer.  This should not be so difficult a concept.

That aside, the people who ripped Allen for single-handedly blowing Week One due to hero ball are the same ones complaining that he should have played the way he did Week One?  Ridiculous.

This thread just proves that the Allen haters will find some reason to criticize him no matter what, even if the current reason makes hypocrites out of them.

They were up the majority of week one.  Not sure what happened as was at a concert, taped it and once the score was revealed by accident I decided not to watch.

Sunday the issue was they were down, unmotivated and the play calls were to a script that was accomplishing nothing. 

Again look at the Play by Play and tell me you aren't shaking your head at just how bad it is.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay/_/gameId/401547228

Only come the first TD did they after again starting out with two junk plays (maybe still the same 15 scripted ones?) did they start opening it up.

This is exactly when Josh needs to be set free!!!!

Edited by Billsfan1972

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

They were up the majority of week one.  Not sure what happened as was at a concert, taped it and once the score was revealed by accident I decided not to watch.

Sunday the issue was they were down, unmotivated and the play calls were to a script that was accomplishing nothing. 

Only come the first TD did they after again starting out with two junk plays (maybe still the same 15 scripted ones?) did they start opening it up.

This is exactly when Josh needs to be set free!!!!

Josh had three interceptions trying to force the ball into coverage, and a fumble late in the game.  Yes, he single-handedly cost them the game by trying to do too much when he didn't have to.

Edited by The Red King
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Josh had three interceptions trying to force the ball into coverage, and a fumble late in the game.  Yes, he single-handedly cost them the game by trying to do too much when he didn't have to.

I think we've been over that before. It has been discussed ad nauseum.

Let's talk Sunday.  Josh was on a leash (& drops were crucial).

13 hours ago, The Red King said:

Maybe cause his receivers kept dropping passes and he had no running game a return of hero ball Josh was needed. 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

allen isn’t the problem

that doesn’t mean Allen couldn’t do things differently in some situations. 

in an important game like this, against a team we may be later meeting in the playoffs and using this as a decider of who gets to host it…. I would’ve been ok with letting him play a little looser once it was clear that the energy levels were off. Doesn’t have to be dumb and taking on a lb 7 yards short or 2 yards past the sticks- but a few runs, and putting the team on his back for a bit wouldn’t have upset me. 

Agreed. But what does that have to do with him getting fired up on the sideline? The assumption is that if he isn’t, he’s not doing his best. That’s wrong and silly. 

Edited by AlfaBill

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.