Ian Rap: Milano has a fractured leg and most likely additional knee damage. Likely season ending

Roundybout

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

There is only one player on this team that significantly changes the trajectory of it by getting hurt

And it’s not Milano people need to get a grip

Nevertheless.

2 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I just don't agree here. D had better moments but couldn't get off the field on 3rd downs. Kept O on the sidelines. 

Team loss. 

The D was absolutely gassed in the 4th quarter - mainly because the O couldn't sustain drives. Two 3 and outs to start the game? Nothing in first 4 drives? The opening drive of the 2nd half? The O lost this game, period.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Glad that Bernard is panning out, at least.  It would be much worse if he wasn't good this year.

I think we might see a big drop off with Milano not next to him.  Not saying he carried Bernard, but it will be Bernard and basically (most likely) a rookie next to him.  Going to be tested over and over.

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

There is only one player on this team that significantly changes the trajectory of it by getting hurt

And it’s not Milano people need to get a grip

Of course Allen is far more important than Milano, but thinking losing Milano for the season doesn't significantly impact the defense is whistling past the graveyard. He made the entire defense better.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, IronyAbounds said:

Of course Allen is far more important than Milano, but thinking losing Milano for the season doesn't significantly impact the defense is whistling past the graveyard. He made the entire defense better.

We have other players that are going to need to step up. Thank God we drafted Dorien Williams this year.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I just don't agree here. D had better moments but couldn't get off the field on 3rd downs. Kept O on the sidelines. 

Team loss. 

Ya defence overall played well given the circumstances.

But…

Jax was 10/17 on 3rd downs, and they scored TDs the last two drives when we needed a stop the most.

Overall a descent day by them cause of the circumstances, but they struggled to stop them when it mattered most

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, buffblue said:

I've been as critical of McD as anyone, but this post is absurd. I had no problems with Sean's coaching today. 

McD has run his course. Can’t keep wasting josh. I didn’t have specific problems with his coaching today but it’s just overall. There’s been WAY TOO MANY TIMES where we show up unprepared and especially unmotivated. It’s inexcusable. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

16 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

I’m a clinical psychologist and I never heard of them!  Not to mention the amateur diagnoses. 

What do you call a guy then who runs his mouth before the season starts wanting the Hurricanes job?  What do you call a guy who’s focused so completely on his own status that instead of being completely focused on the biggest game of his career he interviews for a Head Coaching job?  Statement and sentiment analysis matters a good deal for determining where someones at.  

8 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

McD has run his course. Can’t keep wasting josh. I didn’t have specific problems with his coaching today but it’s just overall. There’s been WAY TOO MANY TIMES where we show up unprepared and especially unmotivated. It’s inexcusable. 

you must think teams go 17-0 each year before waltzing into the SB. 

Just now, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

I partially agree.

As it relates to today the decision to leave for London so late will be called into question. But no matter what we were going to be at a disadvantage imo

10 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

You can tell the guys who want to be here on the field.  The Coaches don’t want to because they let Ken Dorsey pull his me, me, me interview, and wishing to be out with the Hurricanes.  Just another stat ladder like McDermott.  I’ve figured it out Sean McDermott is the Matthew Stamford of head coaches.  

Edited by Thriftygamer83
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 4

3 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

What do you call a guy then who runs his mouth before the season starts wanting the Hurricanes job?  What do you call a guy who’s focused so completely on his own status that instead of being completely focused on the biggest game of his career he interviews for a Head Coaching job?  Statement and sentiment analysis matters a good deal for determining where someones at.  

Stop the silly rant and answer the question. And, for the record, there is no such thing as a diagnosis of “borderline personality disorder of psychosis“

1 hour ago, BobBelcher said:

sounds like we are rationalizing the way I tried to do when Tre White tore his achilles. Saw how that worked out for me today. 

Gives me the same feeling as last year unfortunately.  Injuries derailed the teams SB hopes along with other issues imo.  But very much looks the same this year😪

4 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, buffblue said:

I partially agree.

As it relates to today the decision to leave for London so late will be called into question. But no matter what we were going to be at a disadvantage imo

McDermott is a very good coach. Shottenheimer was also a very good coach. Perhaps just not quite good enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

Pathetic.

A bunch of Chicken Littles running around saying fire McD, fire Dorsey, can players, etc., etc., etc......

We played a game where we lost multiple starters due to injury, where it was in another country and the opposition which was a playoff team last season had been there for a week and a half and played there the previous week, AND where the referees consistently called all of its penalties against us at important times.

It's a LONG SEASON... pull your heads out of your rectums and move on to the Giants.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

You can tell the guys who want to be here on the field.  The Coaches don’t want to because they let Ken Dorsey pull his me, me, me interview, and wishing to be out with the Hurricanes.  Just another stat ladder like McDermott.  I’ve figured it out Sean McDermott is the Matthew Stamford of head coaches.  

You lost me at Matthew Stamford

3 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Pathetic.

A bunch of Chicken Littles running around saying fire McD, fire Dorsey, can players, etc., etc., etc......

We played a game where we lost multiple starters due to injury, where it was in another country and the opposition which was a playoff team last season had been there for a week and a half and played there the previous week, AND where the referees consistently called all of its penalties against us at important times.

It's a LONG SEASON... pull your heads out of your rectums and move on to the Giants.

We lost no one on offense to injury.  Dorsey put forward an amateur effort. McDermott is in charge of Dorsey, so his effort on that side of the balls was amateur hour as well. 

56 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

I have been suggesting for two years, that the Bills are in HC purgatory, similar to the QB purgatory you are alluding too.    

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

We lost no one on offense to injury.  Dorsey put forward an amateur effort. McDermott is in charge of Dorsey, so his effort on that side of the balls was amateur hour as well. 

I have been suggesting for two years, that the Bills are in HC purgatory, similar to the QB purgatory you are alluding too.    

So Diggs and Davis combined for over 220 yards receiving with 2 TDs and Josh had 3 total TDs and 359 passing yards. It was BETTER than Stroud last week and the Texans won that game 37-17. There was no Dorsey amateur hour, IMHO.

• Dislike 2

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

So Diggs and Davis combined for over 220 yards receiving with 2 TDs and Josh had 3 total TDs and 359 passing yards. It was BETTER than Stroud last week and the Texans won that game 37-17. There was no Dorsey amateur hour, IMHO.

The Bills didn’t score or at least sustain drives when needed. They got some of their scoring and yards against a prevent defense when the Jags were up two possessions with about 3 minutes left. 

I think the Jags defensively basically dared Josh to go deep and trusted their pass rush. Dorsey didn’t adjust well until late in the game. Hopefully he learns from that and reads the defensive game plan in Q1 and adjusts quicker 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

This is why we drafted Dorian Williams and why he wasn't cross trained at MLB. Here's hoping that the kid can catch on and catch on quick. 

You gotta be realistic … dude played at Tulane last year …he won’t be playing at Milano level this year…

11 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

You gotta be realistic … dude played at Tulane last year …he won’t be playing at Milano level this year…

Of course he won't. Matt Milano is one of the, if not, THE best Linebacker in the NFL. Of course there will be a drop off. The hope is that he can play decently enough that the drop off isn't hero to zero.

15 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

He won’t need to play at a Milano level just has to play decently. 

Yeah … I’m hoping for the best … just keeping my expectations modest 

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Of course he won't. Matt Milano is one of the, if not, THE best Linebacker in the NFL. Of course there will be a drop off. The hope is that he can play decently enough that the drop off isn't hero to zero.

I’ll be happy this year if he becomes the second best LB on the team in Milano’s absence and behind Bernard…. That to me isn’t a given 

47 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Pathetic.

I don't consider myself to be a chicken little but I do feel strongly that there are things we could have done to help ourselves.  For instance, the team should have arrived much earlier in the week. Whoever decided on a Friday arriveal (McD?)- it was a failure.  I'm also not a big Dorsey fan.  No rhythm or flow to the play calling whatsoever and he seems to double down on things that don't work 

A lot of problems were beyond our control (scheduling, Injuries, etc.).  Still, it doesn't change the fact that the sky indeed seems to be falling.  White, and now Jones and Milano will make it much harder for us to win the division (Jones and Milano were so important last week VS Miami) let alone make a deep playoff push.

Winning a SUPERBOWL takes luck and that is something we just don't seem to have the last two years.  It seems like the wheels came off this season before it even got rolling

I don't know how this year will end up, but I know the path to winning the Superbowl just got harder simply to to the awful luck we seem to have.  

So for me, the sky is falling and I don't event have to point to the errors and issues we caused ourselves.  We simply don't have luck and that is enough to keep us from the Lombardi once again.

Edited by saundena

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

None of this is wrong, and we should not be firing anybody (lol at those threads), but the missing component is that it looks like some of the core pillars of our defense won't be with us in the playoffs. That's what sticks in my craw.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.