[Name Only Title]

BillMafia716ix

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Davis had a nice game.

He did.  He also had a, potentially, game altering drop when we were moving the ball, looking for the lead, with the momentum for the first time all game. 

The story of Gabe.  A good player.  An absolute enigma on the field. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

It worked better with Harris/Murray. At the very least they got some positive yards

It did,  but I still wouldn't call it 'good'.  I think all three RBs would have more success if Dorsey would stop running from the shotgun. 

Drops were big. Secondary was poor. Linebackers need to tackle better. Penalties everywhere.

And u start a Harty thread after he actually has an OK game on the likely limited snaps he got. Okayyyy?  I guess he muffed that punt but its a ***** spot, u can't let it bounce in case it goes backwards and u lose time.

23 minutes ago, SCBills said:

He did.  He also had a, potentially, game altering drop when we were moving the ball, looking for the lead, with the momentum for the first time all game. 

The story of Gabe.  A good player.  An absolute enigma on the field. 

3 other guys had drive ending drops.  3 other guys didn’t have a TD catch in the last 4 games.  

no enigma. 

17 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Gabe had two critical drops.  He played well in garbage time. 

lol what?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

3 other guys had drive ending drops.  3 other guys didn’t have a TD catch in the last 4 games.  

no enigma. 

lol what?

Did you watch the game?  We all can not be wrong nah?

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

Let me say it slower for you “Gabe      had       two         critical           drops.  He      played well      in      garbage    time.”

Weo straight tripping 🤣  Gabe stinks

I liked what I saw from Harty today. They used him less as a “gadget” player and more like a WR. It was a good way to get him some big plays. Hopefully they use him more like that going forward. 

I also for the third time this season liked the one catch that Shakir made. Shakir made a nice first down catch that made a big impact. Hopefully he gets more burn too.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

no enigma. 

lol what?

Ok.. and they aren’t in contract years as the WR2 on a high powered offense led by Josh Allen. 

His drop was the biggest drop of the game.   It came while the pendulum was swinging towards Buffalo.  

His drop swung it right back to being dumpster fire struggle session that we eventually lost. 

More concerned about Kincaid and Knox being non factors 

4 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Guess you missed the drop on 3rd down that they needed. I know he made some splash plays at the end but he needs to make those critical catches earlier. 

I thought the 12 yard out was huge drop.. would have at least had a FG.. and yes we had momentum 

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

59 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Let me say it slower for you “Gabe      had       two         critical           drops.  He      played well      in      garbage    time.”

59 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Did you watch the game?  We all can not be wrong nah?

Weo straight tripping 🤣  Gabe stinks

56 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ok.. and they aren’t in contract years as the WR2 on a high powered offense led by Josh Allen. 

His drop was the biggest drop of the game.   It came while the pendulum was swinging towards Buffalo.  

His drop swung it right back to being dumpster fire struggle session that we eventually lost. 

Of course you can.  and you are.

in the 1st Q, Davis had 1 catch for 9 yards on a 2nd and 10. 

2nd Q catch for 9 on 1st and 10

2nd Q catch for 10 on 3rd and 4 to 15 yard line. Bills score next play

3rd Q  drop by Davis on 3rd and 10 1:05 into the 2nd half with score still 11-7.  JAGs would punt on the next series.  Still 11-7

3rd Q  incomplete to Davis on 2nd and 10.  Score was still 11-7, 8;10 left in the 3rd Q.   Where's that pendulum?

Bills D gives up 4th Q TD 

4th Q catch for 24 yards.  later in the drive beautiful 9 yard TD catch.  Nullified.  immediately followed by beautiful 19 yard TD catch, bringing the score to within 5.

Bills D give up another 4th Q TD

4th Q catch for 29 yards to the 3 on 1st and 10.  Bills score 2 plays later, brining them again within 5.

• Simon changed the title to [Name Only Title]
1 hour ago, HoofHearted said:

Your run game doesn’t magically improve by going under center…

Yeah, it certainly has for the Bills. So has the passing game from under center. 

When you're running from under center the lineman have their hands in the dirt and fire out on the snap. 

The running back gets a head of steam at the snap of the ball. 

Running out of shotgun, your lineman are crouched as if to pass block. They are at more of a disadvantage as far as establishing leverage and speed off the ball.

You can also attack the edge with the running back at speed from under center. Which is Cook's strength. 

Instead our #1 back only got 5 total carries, all out of shotgun. Only one run attacking the edge on a slow developing pitch where was was basically standing still when he got the ball. And the line let two unblocked defenders blow past to make a momentum shifting tfl...

And don't get me started on how much better the Bills throw the ball out of play action from under center... and how effect the RPO roll outs are from under center...

The play calling and play designed sucked. 

Edited by Motorin'

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Yeah, it certainly has for the Bills. So has the passing game from under center. 

When you're running from under center the lineman have their hands in the dirt and fire out on the snap. 

The running back gets a head of steam at the snap of the ball. 

Running out of shotgun, your lineman are crouched as if to pass block. They are at more of a disadvantage as far as establishing leverage and speed off the ball.

You can also attack the edge with the running back at speed from under center. Which is Cook's strength. 

Instead our #1 back only got 5 total carries, all out of shotgun. Only one run attacking the edge on a slow developing pitch where was was basically standing still when he got the ball. And the line let two unblocked defenders blow past to make a momentum shifting tfl...

And don't get me started on how much better the Bills throw the ball out of play action from under center... and how effect the RPO roll outs are from under center...

The play calling and play designed sucked. 

1) This is the biggest misconception about football. These are NFL athletes... they reach top speed in three steps. Regardless of the backfield set these guys are hitting the line of scrimmage at full speed. There is zero difference in blocking schemes from gun to center. The only difference you'll see there is the vast majority of the time we've been under center this year it's been out of Ace sets.

2) There is not post-snap RPO when under center... it's only from gun.

3) Entertain me here for a second. I'd like you to pick a play call you didn't like - explain to me why it was a bad call vs what the defense gave us and explain to me where the failure occured in the design of the play.

16 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

1) This is the biggest misconception about football. These are NFL athletes... they reach top speed in three steps. Regardless of the backfield set these guys are hitting the line of scrimmage at full speed. There is zero difference in blocking schemes from gun to center. The only difference you'll see there is the vast majority of the time we've been under center this year it's been out of Ace sets.

2) There is not post-snap RPO when under center... it's only from gun.

3) Entertain me here for a second. I'd like you to pick a play call you didn't like - explain to me why it was a bad call vs what the defense gave us and explain to me where the failure occured in the design of the play.

James Cook didn't get to take 2 steps, let alone three steps to get to full speed when he caught the shotgun pitch on 2nd and 2 and lost five yards. 

You're full of it by calling offensive lineman elite athletes. They're all over 300 pounds, and definitely lose leverage in the run game when not in their 3 point stance. 

As for the multiple shotgun draws, I would have loved to see Cook get 5-7 off tackle runs from under center. Whether I form, single back ace, 12, 13... all the stuff that helped us dominate time of possession the last three weeks.

We reverted to the game plan against the Jets, and it killed us. 

In any event, Josh Allen was nearly perfect out of play action today. Good thing we didn't do more of that!

Edited by Motorin'

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

James Cook didn't get to take 2 steps, let alone three steps to get to full speed when he caught the shotgun pitch on 2nd and 2 and lost five yards

You're full of it by calling offensive lineman elite athletes. They're all over 300 pounds, and definitely lose leverage in the run game when not in their 3 point stance. 

As for the multiple shotgun draws, I would have loved to see Cook get 5-7 off tackle runs from under center. Whether I form, single back ace, 12, 13... all the stuff that helped us dominate time of possession the last three weeks.

We reverted to the game plan against the Jets, and it killed us. 

In any event, Josh Allen was nearly perfect out of play action today. Good thing we didn't do more of that!

1) No run play is going to work if no one gets blocked up front regardless of if it’s under center or from gun. My point was there’s no difference in RB speed hitting a hole at the LoS regardless of the backfield set.

2) You’re delusional if you don’t think NFL offensive linemen are elite athletes. As far as leverage it’s all footwork and technique. 3 point vs 2 point stance doesn’t matter.

3) Again, entertain me. Pick one play call and tell me why it was bad vs the defense we got and why the design is flawed. You want to make these claims then prove it to everyone.

14 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

1) No run play is going to work if no one gets blocked up front regardless of if it’s under center or from gun. My point was there’s no difference in RB speed hitting a hole at the LoS regardless of the backfield set.

2) You’re delusional if you don’t think NFL offensive linemen are elite athletes. As far as leverage it’s all footwork and technique. 3 point vs 2 point stance doesn’t matter.

3) Again, entertain me. Pick one play call and tell me why it was bad vs the defense we got and why the design is flawed. You want to make these claims then prove it to everyone.

No thanks. 

9 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

No thanks. 

Point made. If you can’t tell me why a call isn’t good vs. what we saw from the defense or whats wrong with a specific play design then you don’t really know what you’re talking about. You’re certainly entitled to your opinion but don’t try to have it come across as fact because in reality you have no idea what you’re talking about.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.