Von Miller to 53 & Tre White to IR

Warriorspikes51

2 minutes ago, Maynard said:

He’s activated.

I meant activated for the game.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Of course. However, if they didn't plan on activating him there was no reason to make this move. He's playing IMO.

That's probably true, I'm sure there could be some sort of contractual reason to have a player off of PUP even if he wasn't active for the game or something else I don't understand, but it's probably way more likely that he's active.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Bittersweet transaction.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2

He'll be in the rotation. Limited snaps, probably. Then increasing from week to week until the rotation is at the percentage of snaps they would normally do. Excited to see how much of an impact he has. He was cleared by doctors quite a while ago. Maybe he comes out on fire and surprises us all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

This is of more interest to me. 

Now it does happen that sometimes the Bills have elevated a player "just in case" and then he doesn't play.

But usually, using one of 3 PS elevations on a player means they intend to have him active

So....is Christian Benford's shoulder bad enough that he's leaning towards "out"?

Or are they gonna make Ingram active, and have Elam a healthy scratch again?  If the latter....Wow. 

Then, there's the question of why are we elevating a DT?  We don't have a DT who has been on the injury report, and in fact...we've had one who's been a healthy scratch the most recent 2 games, and who only played 23 snaps (25%) in the 2 first games.

So I'll be very interested to see our game day inactives.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This was the obvious move. 

Activate all your corners. If you need one jn future weeks elevate Ingram.

They did elevate Ingram for this game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Now it does happen that sometimes the Bills have elevated a player "just in case" and then he doesn't play.

But usually, using one of 3 PS elevations on a player means they intend to have him active

So....is Christian Benford's shoulder bad enough that he's leaning towards "out"?

Or are they gonna make Ingram active, and have Elam a healthy scratch again?  If the latter....Wow. 

Then, there's the question of why are we elevating a DT?  We don't have a DT who has been on the injury report, and in fact...we've had one who's been a healthy scratch the most recent 2 games, and who only played 23 snaps (25%) in the 2 first games.

With Groot out and Lawson also suddenly on the injury report maybe the DT is more to fill in for some of the missed reps from Groot when he was inside while Von is on the outside?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

With Groot out and Lawson also suddenly on the injury report maybe the DT is more to fill in for some of the missed reps from Groot when he was inside while Von is on the outside?

Wait, what?   When was Lawson on the injury report?  He wasn't on it Friday, did he sprain his shoulder lifting a pint this morning?

F7xFedSWEAI5STU.thumb.jpg.22cd9ff3b7d7e0637ba0965b90d02013.jpg

Edit: OK, I found it, but WTF?

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bills-shaq-lawson-added-to-injury-report/

They were doing a walkthrough practice, how did he injure his toe?

Edited by Beck Water

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Wait, what?   When was Lawson on the injury report?  He wasn't on it Friday, did he sprain his shoulder lifting a pint this morning?

Toe.

8 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Ummmm what happened to Shaq?  Stubbed his toe in a walkthrough?

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

This is of more interest to me. 

They did elevate Ingram for this game.

Same could be said if Vickers is activated and Poona is without a jersey yet again. Personally, I feel like Ford will be gone sooner than later. 

8 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

So is this setting up for Lawson to go on IR and kick the can down the road for 4 weeks with all the edge rushers? They now have 11 DL on the 53 and Vickers elevated. 

Tre White pretty well made them not have to worry about that, unless they want to elevate one of the PS DBs over Lawson.

Edited by Warcodered

1 minute ago, Success said:

Tre is going to help us win a SB eventually.  Obviously not this year - but one of our next titles.

And likely not next year, either. Achilles tears take a long time to heal. He'll be 30 in 2025, so a few years left, but not many. A cruel blow to a good guy and great player.

Tough on the Bills, too: a $16.6 million cap hit this year and each of the next two years. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, finn said:

And likely not next year, either. Achilles tears take a long time to heal. He'll be 30 in 2025, so a few years left, but not many. A cruel blow to a good guy and great player.

Tough on the Bills, too: a $16.6 million cap hit this year and each of the next two years. 

Can't see him making it on the roster long enough to see that cap hit. I'd think they cut him this off season when it is a 6 million cap savings. If not, most certainly next off season when it is a 12 million cap savings. 

2 minutes ago, finn said:

You say that, but Aaron Rodgers insists that he's playing this year after the same injury.

Losing White sucks, but our DBs aren't green rookies anymore. Losing Rousseau, hurts but again there ore others who can step in. Don't really think the defense skips a beat. Elevating a DT is interesting. Maybe it has to do with Rousseau being out or maybe it has to do with the opponent.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I don't think they would waste a call up unless they intend that call up to be active.  I guess that's possible. Pretty sure Elam will be active regardless. This could be a "just in case move." If we happen to get multiple injuries in the game they need a backup on the sidelines.

37 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bills-shaq-lawson-added-to-injury-report/

I mean, we once lost a QB to a rubber mat haha.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Same could be said if Vickers is activated and Poona is without a jersey yet again. Personally, I feel like Ford will be gone sooner than later. 

As I see it, the differences are 1)  Elam was the Bills own first round pick last season - in fact, didn't we trade up for him?  And, he started 6 games, playing 100% of the snaps in the first 3 then a steadily decreasing number until he was a healthy scratch for a couple games - all this before Tre White returned. 2) our #1 CB just went on IR and #2 Questionable with a shoulder injury.  So if we want to believe the Coachspeak that it's been a close battle and different coaches had different rankings of Benford, Jackson, and Elam, we expect to see him dress and play with the injury situation.

Ford, on the other hand, is a former UDFA who started 4 years as a Seahawk.  He kind of sucked in 2022 when Carroll asked him to play 3TDT, but played well previous years as a 1TDT.  Evidence is, he's pretty much a NT or 1TDT, and the Bills think DaQuan and Settle are better.

I don't understand the Vickers thing, because I can't find anything about him being able to rotate inside and out, but @Warcodered may be correct that they'll be looking for him to fill some of the inside snaps Rousseau took.

25 minutes ago, finn said:

They actually don't.  I was working with a podiatrist who does Achilles repairs and he said that with the surgery Rodgers had, he can be back in 3 months, 4 tops.  I'm not sure what Tre' will get so I can't comment further on him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Damien's injury should be listed as Groin after the hitstick that Kincaid laid on it🤣

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't think they would waste a call up unless they intend that call up to be active.  I guess that's possible. Pretty sure Elam will be active regardless. This could be a "just in case move." If we happen to get multiple injuries in the game they need a backup on the sidelines.

I mean, we once lost a QB to a rubber mat haha.

I was going to say, keep Lawson away from the rubber mats!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

You say that, but Aaron Rodgers insists that he's playing this year after the same injury.

Maybe, but Aaron Roger’s doesn’t have to run like a track star to keep up with the fastest men in the NFL.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Rockinon said:

He'll be in the rotation. Limited snaps, probably. Then increasing from week to week until the rotation is at the percentage of snaps they would normally do. Excited to see how much of an impact he has. He was cleared by doctors quite a while ago. Maybe he comes out on fire and surprises us all.

Third down most likely, especially with Groot out...him and Floyd could cause some damage.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.