Dolphins @ Bills Postgame thread

djp14150

12 minutes ago, BRH said:

Remember when Mac Jones had "numbers similar to Josh Allen after his first two years"?

Good times.

Why does no one in the national media ever account for the fact that the 2018 bills roster was absolutely top to bottom miserable lol 

josh being a Charles clay drop/play he could’ve made depending on who you ask away from being 6-5 with those bums is as impressive as anything he’s done.  Obviously he improved but he wasn’t like an absolute moron that had no idea how to play football his rookie year which seems to be how it’s presented 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 4

Bills did two things that really killed Miami:

1) started short on offense and grew over the course of the game.  First few drives it was take what they give you, couple short third downs, make them stay in the box.  Once the game opened up, they leveraged play action and let Allen eat.  They didn’t need to run for 200 yards, They just needed to keep Miami honest

2) Blitzed early and forced Miami to be one dimensional.  Mcd is a damn genius.   He blitzed HEAVY the first few drives of the game.  It almost fooled Miami into security through the air.  Once the Bills got up by a score or two, he started to switch coverages on Tua, and only rushed 4.  Oline gets banged up and tired, and we started to get to Tua with regularity.  Really

impressive game from Mcd.

Should be called the best team in the league by pundits moving forward, we are a train with no looks of stopping

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Was this Josh’s best all around game? 21/25 5TD’s no turnovers and zero questionable decisions.  Some of you are going to say the Pats no punt game, but I think this was as good as it gets.  

He's had more heroic games for sure. The KC playoff game for one.

But yeah, he was so cool and collected today. Through three quarters, his face just looked like, "Eff these guys. I'm better than them." Throw in the long PI to Diggs, and the beauty that Shakir failed to come up with, and his numbers are even bigger.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I’m enjoying this thread 

Their whole team is a fraud…how are you gonna have a guard playing center that can’t snap the football and build an oline around always injured Terron armstead without picking up any decent depth.  

They’re a little better than they have been in the past because they went absolutely all in/win now but they’re still underperforming based on all the resources they had to spend in recent years.  Tyreek is gonna start to decline fairly soon and they’re gonna have to pay waddle/tua if they want to keep them around.  Dolphins window closed before it even opened 

they’re really not much better than the Flores days despite Flores getting the boot with a ton of future picks he could’ve made.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, BRH said:

Remember when Mac Jones had "numbers similar to Josh Allen after his first two years"?

Good times.

He just tried a Qb Sneak against Dallas and it was laughable. Even the announcers commented that he just fell down instead of trying to push forward.

Hope he didn’t cry.

24 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Great win today.  One of the top regular season wins ever when I think about.  Glad it was at home for our fans.  

Miami is not going away anytime soon so hopefully the rest of the league sees what it takes to slow down that offense and Miami losses a bunch more times.  McD had it figured out today.  

The Bills need to enjoy it for a day, then back to work.  Jax in London will be tough.  

Go Bills !!!

They do have so much speed that any broken play can go the distance.

Was glad to see we did not let up in the 3rd and early 4th till it was time for the fat lady to start warming up to sing.

I think that is a team you just have to keep your foot on the gas, but you clearly saw them deflate when Allen trotted into the EZ untouched.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Why does no one in the national media ever account for the fact that the 2018 bills roster was absolutely top to bottom miserable lol 

Probably the worst O-line in Bills history after they lost Wood & Incognito from 2017.  Almost certainly the worst WRs in Bills history.  Rookie Josh Allen made Robert Foster look like a future star.  I saw the real future star in Josh Allen-winning half the games he started & finished, willing the team which should have won 2-3 games to 5 victories as the starter.  The knocks against him came from 2 sources: 1) The stat boys who never saw him play & relied on what he looked like on paper & 2) The people who hated the fact that the Bills management thought they were smarter than them & had the audacity to pick Josh Allen over Josh Rosen.  

• Like (+1) 5

As much as I hate to give Dolphins fans credit for anything they are pointing out something: McDermott timed blitzes based off of the Dolphins going into motion because they always used it a second before they were about to snap. It was a giveaway to get that extra jump.

If so, McDermott is brilliant and 30 other teams have a blueprint on how to counter all that motion

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 1

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

Probably the worst O-line in Bills history after they lost Wood & Incognito from 2017.  Almost certainly the worst WRs in Bills history.  Rookie Josh Allen made Robert Foster look like a future star.  I saw the real future star in Josh Allen-winning half the games he started & finished, willing the team which should have won 2-3 games to 5 victories as the starter.  The knocks against him came from 2 sources: 1) The stat boys who never saw him play & relied on what he looked like on paper & 2) The people who hated the fact that the Bills management thought they were smarter than them & had the audacity to pick Josh Allen over Josh Rosen.  

It really was the worst roster in decades…the 4-12 team was better than that one on paper.  
josh doing ridiculous things was literally the entire team lol 

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Their whole team is a fraud…how are you gonna have a guard playing center that can’t snap the football and build an oline around always injured Terron armstead without picking up any decent depth.  

They’re a little better than they have been in the past because they went absolutely all in/win now but they’re still underperforming based on all the resources they had to spend in recent years.  Tyreek is gonna start to decline fairly soon and they’re gonna have to pay waddle/tua if they want to keep them around.  Dolphins window closed before it even opened 

they’re really not much better than the Flores days despite Flores getting the boot with a ton of future picks he could’ve made.  

Mike McDaniels a genius. Took a team with 10 wins and won 9.

• Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Was this Josh’s best all around game? 21/25 5TD’s no turnovers and zero questionable decisions.  Some of you are going to say the Pats no punt game, but I think this was as good as it gets.  

Perfect mix of playing smart and taking shots when they're there, with some of 1 of 1 playmaking thrown in. Allen played like he didn't need to carry the offense on his back, but in a way he did.

• Like (+1) 4

Watching the Miami postgame was interesting. Tua went first with a bunch of “communication problems” excuses followed by McDaniels talking about players not being where they were supposed to be. I realize it’s just week 4 but if the whipping you just took is based upon your offense being too complicated, you appear to be forecasting a lot more bad weather.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

🤔🤔🤔

https://x.com/MatMlodzinski/status/1708573652160066044?s=20

"miami being underdogs they wore shirts w those emojis questioning why they’re underdogs mvp allen and diggs had to remind them why they’re underdogs"

That’s awesome! I was wondering what he was doing on that celebration

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

158.3 is a perfect passer rating, only second Bill [Flutie] to have a perfect passer rating.

• Like (+1) 4

The last few weeks I feel like a light has gone on for Josh, and I am thrilled to see it. For the first time in his career I seen him fully trust the offense and realize he can score 40+ by just running the plays end not trying to ad-lib big plays all the time. I think what I found most exciting, as silly as it sounds, was Josh consistently throwing a 5 yard pass on 3rd and 4. 

also, thrilled to pound the phins. Their fans really needed a reality check…

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.