10/01/23 Week #4 GAMEDAY Bills vs Miami Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

šŸšŸ‰šŸ‚
October Football in Buffalo! Autumn chill now creeping into the air. Leaves turning. Fire pits blazing. Decades long Hated rivals! Division lead on the line! It just doesnā€™t get any better than this!

https://x.com/buffalobillspr/status/1706661420404728005?s=61&t=s-bkdDXJMtQhYqbJSiNmsQ

Ā 

McD vs. McD?

Head Coaches Sean McDermott and Mike McDaniels both double as Coordinators for their teams. McDermott as our Defensive Coordinator and McDaniels as Miamiā€™s Offensive Coordinator. This means theyā€™ll actually play directly against each other for half the game! Iā€™m sure this isnā€™t unique but itā€™s definitely a different twist! Their teams have excelled under their tutelage. Safe to say, this key chess matchup will determine who comes out victorious.Ā 

Ā 

If ever there was a team favored to win against an undefeated opponent who tallied 70 points in their most recent game, I would think it would have to boast Back to Back Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week!

https://x.com/buffalobillspr/status/1707424976058392771?s=61&t=s-bkdDXJMtQhYqbJSiNmsQ
https://x.com/news4buffalo/status/1704533409706426737?s=61&t=s-bkdDXJMtQhYqbJSiNmsQ

For good measure, toss in the Conference STPOTM!

https://x.com/BuffaloBillsPR/status/1707424976058392771?s=20

Yep. That could do the trick!

Ā 

So why is neutral Vegas favoring Buffalo to topple this unbeatable juggernaut? Well, we have the best Home record since 2020, then thereā€™s that whole Home team equals 3 points thing.. But that stat hasnā€™t really be prevalent for a couple seasons now, as even our Bills have been slightly better on the road than at home. Iā€™m pretty damn sure it isnā€™t that Dolphin fans travel well. Have you ever seen an away Dolphins game populated like the Mafia at Washington last week? (Rhetorical question, cuz Hell No!) They donā€™t even draw well at home! The Mafia takes over their stadium every time we play there! I know. Iā€™ve been there numerous times! Yes, theyā€™re currently ranked #3 on Offense, but 13th on Defense. Whereas weā€™re ranked #4 Offensively and #6 on Defense. So thereā€™s a slight edge for us. Weā€™ve already lost a Division game, which places us in an early dire situation by losing and falling 2 games behind them. We know we canā€™t win 3 consecutive Conference playoff games, so 1st Round bye remains essential to our ultimate goal and desperation will likely play a role. We canā€™t match their WR stable, but weā€™re a decidedly different and improved team at DC, OL & DL than the one who beat them twice near the end of last season. Iā€™ll call that point even. Dolphins can be passed on and run on, but theyā€™re effective taking away the long ball with their typical 2 Deep Safety look. Josh sticking with the game plan, not turning the ball over, burning minutes off the clock and employing a few designed QB runs will have us in this game, imo. But with All Pro Po out and Taylor Rapp in his place, weā€™re down both a great Cover guy AND a backup. We must take away Tuaā€™s 1st look and make him stay in the pocket longer to give our pass rush time to get to him. We all know what happens when Tua eats turf. Advantage Dolphins.Ā 

Ā In the immortal words of Coach Saban prior to playing Miami, ā€œyou can get it done. Whatā€™s more, ya GOTTA get it done!ā€

Ā 

Ā 

So, thereā€™s a lot that has to go well for us and not so well for them to earn Vegasā€™ trust. If youā€™re attending the game (lucky bastards!), please be sure to leave the stadium hoarse. Miami has a well earned reputation as a dirty team. Dolphin DL has a penchant for going after Allenā€™s family jewels -trying to kick him there on a pass rush or grabbing there in a scrum. So get mad now and show our displeasure! Make Tyreek eat his words regarding ā€œno different than any other road gameā€.Ā 

Ā 

and finally, weā€™ve OWNED them the previous 10 times!

Ā 

https://x.com/mcnugg321/status/1708186828438716905?s=61&t=s-bkdDXJMtQhYqbJSiNmsQ

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Enjoy the game!

Ā 

Go BILLS!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Iā€™ll be honest. Iā€™m a little worried about this game. Miamis offense is firing on all cylinders and our offense still seems to be trying to figure it out.Ā 
Most people donā€™t look at this game as must win because itā€™s so early in the season, but I do. I donā€™t think Miami is going to falter much this year. Itā€™s too hard trying to climb out of a 3 game hole. We need to keep pace and falling that far behind as well as having 2 divisional losses is not keeping pace. I know most wonā€™t agree with me but thatā€™s how I feel about it.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Iā€™ll be honest. Iā€™m a little worried about this game. Miamis offense is firing on all cylinders and our offense still seems to be trying to figure it out.Ā 
Most people donā€™t look at this game as must win because itā€™s so early in the season, but I do. I donā€™t think Miami is going to falter much this year. Itā€™s too hard trying to climb out of a 3 game hole. We need to keep pace and falling that far behind as well as having 2 divisional losses is not keeping pace. I know most wonā€™t agree with me but thatā€™s how I feel about it.Ā 

Weā€™re scoring 30 plus points a game

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Weā€™re scoring 30 plus points a game

Ā 

Yes but it looks difficult.Ā  Take the Washington game for example.Ā  Yeah, we scored 30 points on offense, but we only scored 16 points into the 4th quarter. It took 4 turnovers. 7 of those 16 points were off a TD where we started at the Washington 35.Ā  We may score but these points are not coming easy. Our drives look difficult.Ā  I don't know how to explain what I mean by that.

Ā 

So it looks to me like our offense is still trying to figure it out.Ā  It's not humming along like a fine tune machine yet IMO.Ā  That is not to say that I don't think they will get there.Ā  That is just to say that I don't think they are yet.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This is a hugely important game especially because of the Jets loss. Josh Allen needs to eke out a win in anyway possible. These are the types of games where I donā€™t mind the designed runs or the hurdles and/or trucking of LBs. Checking it down and taking whatā€™s given is important, but Allen needs to pull the trigger if a big play is there to be made. McDermott & the coordinators also need to be on point making the right calls and adjustments when needed. This especially goes for Dorsey who was personally responsible for some drive killing plays (passing on 4th & 1) I am hugely confident for no other reason than this is a home game. I think that will give us the edge needed in a very even matchup. Go Bills.

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3

When I was a kid we always chose the Miami game because Dan Marino was coming to play. It was a crazy rivalry, the atmosphere was insane. One of the best during his time and Ā We owned Marino in Buffalo. Right now we have a pretty good number on Tua.Ā 

I think Miami fans will be brought back to earth today. Ā They have really seemed to ignore the close games against the Chargers and Pats. They are riding Ā a mile high victory against quite possibly the worst nfl team to ever exist. 70 points impressive, hardly sustainable week to week.

I think the The difference today (like most weeks ) will need Ā to be Josh Allen. He neeeds to show Ā up and be Ā on point. He needs to bring that extra bit of special magic that Mac Jones and Herbert canā€™t Ā  give you. A bad day from 17 wonā€™t get it done.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

That's a fair assessment. I do think it's a little too early to call it a must win though.Ā 

Ā 

The Bills will be 2-2 and be behind the eight ball for the division. However, 2-2 still puts them firmly in play for a wild card spot.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

8 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This is a hugely important game especially because of the Jets loss. Josh Allen needs to eke out a win in anyway possible. These are the types of games where I donā€™t mind the designed runs or the hurdles and/or trucking of LBs. Checking it down and taking whatā€™s given is important, but Allen needs to pull the trigger if a big play is there to be made. McDermott & the coordinators also need to be on point making the right calls and adjustments when needed. This especially goes for Dorsey who was personally responsible for some drive killing plays (passing on 4th & 1) I am hugely confident for no other reason than this is a home game. I think that will give us the edge needed in a very even matchup. Go Bills.

I'm really thinking this is a game where RPOs should really be utilized. The Dolphins can be run on and Allen or Cook in RPOs can probably rip off some nice runs. I doubt Miami has prepared much for this either.Ā 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

It's game day, folks. I'm up peeling chicken off the bone for some homemade hot wing dip. Crock potted up a ton of it, overnight. Got some friends coming over for the game, WGR on, and some cold ones in the fridge. I'm liking the way this day is starting, already! Go Bills!

At first I read this as "peeing chicken" andĀ  thought, "What kind of weird antics did YOU get up to last night?"

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Ā 

Agree. We need this win more than they do. Let's hope that gives us a little extra edge of focused and productive desperation.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

tua will be the one foggy today, with the D line in his face and LB's after him all day!

I originally put Tua. Ā He is probably the only Dolphin I like. Ā Tyreek dissed Buffalo. Ā F him and Wilkins too!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I expect Miami to get three or four big runs on us and some fairly big passing yards Ā  Canā€™t totally shut them down but what I also expect is that many result in FG vrs TD. Ā This will be our advantageĀ 

Ā 

Allen and company hit home a lot and Kincaid and Knox play a much bigger role. Ā Cook breaks over 150 yards.Ā 
Ā 

our D gets to Tua way more than expected forcing bad decisions.

Ā 

Bills come roaring back after a 10 point deficit as Dorsey finds his groove.Ā 
Ā 

34 to 24.Ā 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Ā 

Agree. We need this win more than they do. Let's hope that gives us a little extra edge of focused and productive desperation.

Bills are chasing the Dolphins early in the season. Could this be the changing of the guard with a Miami win?

Edited by newcam2012
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

In 90 minutes, I have to board a 5-hour United flight to SFO. Ā Any tips on how I might be an able to watch the game while in the air?

I know the American Airlines app will let you watch ā€œliveā€ TV, but you are limited to NYC television. If the Bills game is on in NYC, you could watch it.Ā 
Ā 

if the flight has Wi-Fi, you could watch on Sunday ticket/YouTube. But you might have to do some purchase$.Ā 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Bills are chasing the Dolphins early in the season. Could this be the changing of the guard with a Miami win?

Yes. I could.

Ā 

it also might not.Ā 

Ā 

Weā€™ll find out come January. Ā 
Ā 

winning the division isnā€™t crucial imo. Ā If youā€™re not getting the 1 seed with the bye, youā€™re playing and extra game. Ā 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

um.. Yes. It is!

It nice, but I donā€™t see it being the difference between winning the SB or not winning it. Ā We can be the best team and not have the best record. Ā Home, road. Ā I think this team is past needing to play at home. Ā 
Ā 

As a fan, sure it would be nice to win another division title. Ā I just donā€™t think itā€™s crucial for us yo win the Super Bowl. Ā An advantage, yes. Crucial, meh. Ā 

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Ā 

Yes but it looks difficult.Ā  Take the Washington game for example.Ā  Yeah, we scored 30 points on offense, but we only scored 16 points into the 4th quarter. It took 4 turnovers. 7 of those 16 points were off a TD where we started at the Washington 35.Ā  We may score but these points are not coming easy. Our drives look difficult.Ā  I don't know how to explain what I mean by that.

Ā 

So it looks to me like our offense is still trying to figure it out.Ā  It's not humming along like a fine tune machine yet IMO.Ā  That is not to say that I don't think they will get there.Ā  That is just to say that I don't think they are yet.

It looks difficult?

Theyā€™re doing something that they didnā€™t do last year there even balanced in between run and pass and Josh. Allen isnā€™t doing all the work.

Ā 

Looks pretty good to me

45 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

We are in week four

11 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Ā 

Itā€™s fine, Irish weather

16 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

um.. Yes. It is!

Well, I would just as soon win it

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

LFG

Ā 

Is the fog this am a sign?

Seabiscuit says yes

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It nice, but I donā€™t see it being the difference between winning the SB or not winning it. Ā We can be the best team and not have the best record. Ā Home, road. Ā I think this team is past needing to play at home. Ā 
Ā 

As a fan, sure it would be nice to win another division title. Ā I just donā€™t think itā€™s crucial for us yo win the Super Bowl. Ā An advantage, yes. Crucial, meh. Ā 

Never said winning the Super Bowl. I said GETTING there. We canā€™t get out of the Conference in the McBeane era.
Ergo, itā€™s essential.

Edited by Chandler#81

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.