Jags game "exclusively on NFL plus"?

Matt_In_NH

7 minutes ago, Irv said:

I don’t think the NFL has enough networks to show their games.  LoL.  NASCAR did the same thing a while back and it has hurt them bad.  

NASCAR does not have the equivalent of “home teams”. The significant majority of NFL viewing is people watching the home team. The NFL has not radically altered the home team viewing model. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I was watching the Dolphins game last night and a commercial came on that I thought said the Bills Jags game is exlusively on NFL plus....I thought it was on NFL network, do we need NFL plus to watch?

The Bills-Chargers game in December is on ESPN+(no) Peacock (yes) exclusively, except in Buffalo and LA it will be in free TV as well. [Thanks @SoMAn and @djp14150 for the correction!]

EDIT: there needs to be a strike-thru font option and color option for TBD on mobile.

Edited by chongli
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 1

10 hours ago, djp14150 said:

The streaming games are…

this Sunday Atalanta jacksonville London game on espn+

amazon has Black Friday game

bills-chargers on nbc peacock

in think one of the december  Saturday games that hasn’t been named yet will be a streaming game

It’s an NBC online/ Peacock

Yes, thanks for the correction! I literally just rolled out of bed and the first thing I saw was this thread. I'm still groggy! Vision still blurry. 

The game Sunday ATL-JAX in London is on ESPN+!

[This is the first thing I do when waking up?!?! LOL]

in think one of the december  Saturday games that hasn’t been named yet will be a streaming game

Not in December, but of the Wild Cards is on Peacock exclusively.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I was watching the Dolphins game last night and a commercial came on that I thought said the Bills Jags game is exlusively on NFL plus....I thought it was on NFL network, do we need NFL plus to watch?

You have to own British tv network to watch . 

4 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

Watching football on TV anymore is like walking into a house of mirrors. Every week it's labyrinth of networks and streams to wade through to figure how to watch any particular game. 

Congress could put a stop to this.  The NFL is only able to pool the broadcasting rights because of a Congressionally-granted exception to the antitrust laws. This law is why streaming/payTV games are shown on local over the air stations to weakly satisfy free broadcasting requirements.  It’s also why high school football on Friday is protected from NFL competition.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

OK, Maybe I misheard....I thought it was NFLN....that works for me.

You didn't mishear anything.   I heard that same commercial repeatedly.  When I checked, it turned out it's also on NFLN.  I think it's a ploy to convince viewers to buy into NFLN+.

5 hours ago, chongli said:

The Bills-Chargers game in December is on ESPN+(no) Peacock (yes) exclusively, except in Buffalo and LA it will be in free TV as well. [Thanks @SoMAn and @djp14150 for the correction!]

EDIT: there needs to be a strike-thru font option and color option for TBD on mobile.

Wtf- A new channel I need to fiddle with to watch a game? 

is this list the actual absurdity of what you need to get through a season out of market ? 

ESPN

ESPN+

NFLST

NFLN

broadcast (3 stations) or live tv local stream

YTNFLST

AMAZN PRIME

Peacock 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

is this list the actual absurdity of what you need to get through a season out of market ? 

ESPN

ESPN+

NFLST

NFLN

YTNFLST

AMAZN PRIME

Peacock 

Yep, absurd. Someone mentioned in the sshedule thread in May that there is a TV service that has everything, including Peacock. Not sure what it was.

Also you can get the TNF Prime Video games free on Twitch. 

• Angry 1

30 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

ESPN

ESPN+

NFLST

NFLN

YTNFLST

AMAZN PRIME

Peacock 

The combination of NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL+ Premium gets you all the games. (OK, plus an antenna for games that are shown in your area.) The live games on NFL+ Premium can't be viewed on a TV or laptop - only a phone or tablet - but I've found that my 7" tablet in my lap has the same apparent size as my 42" TV across the room.

• Like (+1) 2

In the Buffalo market this will be on CBS most likely as well.

27 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

The combination of NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL+ Premium gets you all the games. (OK, plus an antenna for games that are shown in your area.) The live games on NFL+ Premium can't be viewed on a TV or laptop - only a phone or tablet - but I've found that my 7" tablet in my lap has the same apparent size as my 42" TV across the room.

Or simply going to the streams available online

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SoMAn said:

It's being shown on Peacock

Is it ONLY on Peacock??? So now I have to pay for Peacock, too?

I used to watch Dan Patrick on Peacock for free, but recently they started showing the previous days show. Obviously, the Friday show is not as great on Monday, ya know? I’m not sure if paying the $4.99/month or whatever it is will get me same day Dan Patrick, but I might have to draw the line here. I don’t need to pay for yet ANOTHER streaming service to see Bills games. If that is the only option, I may watch that one at a bar…..and lose a little bit of interest in this game they are playing with us. 

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Is it ONLY on Peacock??? So now I have to pay for Peacock, too?

I used to watch Dan Patrick on Peacock for free, but recently they started showing the previous days show. Obviously, the Friday show is not as great on Monday, ya know? I’m not sure if paying the $4.99/month or whatever it is will get me same day Dan Patrick, but I might have to draw the line here. I don’t need to pay for yet ANOTHER streaming service to see Bills games. If that is the only option, I may watch that one at a bar…..and lose a little bit of interest in this game they are playing with us. 

Well, $4.99 is a bargain compared to what you could spend for 4 hours at the sports bar. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

Well, $4.99 is a bargain compared to what you could spend for 4 hours at the sports bar. 

No doubt! But I don’t need more MONTHLY subscriptions. I’ll pay the bar once, and save myself the other 364 days.  🍺 

35 minutes ago, Augie said:

No doubt! But I don’t need more MONTHLY subscriptions. I’ll pay the bar once, and save myself the other 364 days.  🍺 

As far as I know, most of the streaming services don’t require commitments beyond a single month. So, $4.99 is still a good deal.  Less than the tip for your sports bar server.
Or… we have a friend with monthly Peacock. When she was visiting here a few months back, she signed in on our TV to watch Peacock. We still have access to it.  Doesn’t seem they have the same primary residence restrictions that Netflix has in place. 

4 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

As far as I know, most of the streaming services don’t require commitments beyond a single month. So, $4.99 is still a good deal.  Less than the tip for your sports bar server.
Or… we have a friend with monthly Peacock. When she was visiting here a few months back, she signed in on our TV to watch Peacock. We still have access to it.  Doesn’t seem they have the same primary residence restrictions that Netflix has in place. 

I suspect they have some hard numbers on the percentage of people who drop after one month, vs the people who forget and let it linger, possibly forever….as I would.  

Do I get points for self awareness?   🤷‍♂️

12 hours ago, Augie said:

I suspect they have some hard numbers on the percentage of people who drop after one month, vs the people who forget and let it linger, possibly forever….as I would.  

Do I get points for self awareness?   🤷‍♂️

No doubt they use actuarial data to forecast revenue from single event sign-ups who never cancel.  I'm sure they know approximately how many will just continue indefinitely and what the numbers are for those that pay for an extra month or two before they remember to cancel.

What happens is this: the subscriber goes past their one month, and instead of cancelling as soon as they realize they're in indefinite debit mode, they think 'well, I've paid for this month, I may as well get my money's worth and just keep it for this period'.

The month flies by and of course they forget again. And so it goes.

On top of that, most of the services don't exactly make it easy to cancel without navigating around their sites to find the 'opt out' source.  

I've now got Alexa giving me reminders for scheduled subscription cancels.

Edited by SoMAn
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

I have YouTube TV with Sunday ticket but still need to pay additional for Prime and Peacock to watch the Tampa Bay and Chargers games against the Bills. It’s getting ridiculous.

are you serious? Sunday ticket won’t carry the Peacock game?

Edited by Miyagi-Do Karate

This is a question that I'm sure that many of you know, but since I don't, here goes. Living in Florida the only network that I can find showing the Bills game this weekend is NFL+ and to watch it you have to sign up for $6.99/mo. or $49.99/yr.  

Any suggestions?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.