Leonard Floyd and Micah Hyde say they're all good

Simon

14 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

While I'm happy for any positive news regarding their injuries, "I'm good, put me in coach" is not super convincing...

Exactly! A quote from the link:

"The good updates from players is only one side of the ledger, though. As we’ve often seen, players will give themselves a clean bill of health when that’s not totally the case."

Hopefully not like the Von situation....

Von - "I'm good to go....."

Bills Management - ".....In 4 weeks, maybe."

36 minutes ago, Simon said:

To be fair to the players, they are speaking after the game while they still have all the adrenaline and endorphins rolling through their systems.  So likely they don't even feel their injuries.

It's really not until 24-48 hrs have passed that the trainers get to reasonably assess how serious the injury truly is, after whatever swelling is gonna occur, occurs.

Of course, both Hyde and Floyd are veterans and know to hit the training room and take advantage of every treatment they can to minimize swelling and "get right", whereas some of the younger guys feel invincible and just hit the clubs and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

To be fair to the players, they are speaking after the game while they still have all the adrenaline and endorphins rolling through their systems.  So likely they don't even feel their injuries.

It's really not until 24-48 hrs have passed that the trainers get to reasonably assess how serious the injury truly is, after whatever swelling is gonna occur, occurs.

Von Miller also thought injury was minor and he was put on IR for year and is not even back yet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Von Miller also thought injury was minor and he was put on IR for year and is not even back yet.

I just took that as “Von being Von”. He hurt it at Thanksgiving. That’s all I needed to know to feel confident he would not be active at the beginning of the season. I just hope when Von DOES come back he looks more like the guy we knew than when Tre White reluctantly returned. Adding a healthy Von to this defense could be great fun! 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Good enough for me. On to Washington...

My Uber driver today is Skins fan, had the game marked down as a loss, says it’s a wait and see if the new owner really is an upgrade, says his team sucks, so I think we got this game covered, 😁👍

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I just took that as “Von being Von”. He hurt it at Thanksgiving. That’s all I needed to know to feel confident he would not be active at the beginning of the season. I just hope when Von DOES come back he looks more like the guy we knew than when Tre White reluctantly returned. Adding a healthy Von to this defense could be great fun! 

We will want him for stretch run - but i don't think you give him a ton of snaps right away.  Maybe lag behind floyd and rousseau and just use him situationally more. 

You paid him to get to QBs in the playoffs.  Now obviously if we aren't looking playoff bound midseason this plan is gone and you do what you gotta do to get a ticket. 

48 minutes ago, Stranded in Boston said:

I believe it was "late chahges", not late fees. 

(... but if you got a problem with that, we could step outside and figure it out ...  😀 )

Lmao correct sir

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Is homeboy who dissed us and then went back to Washington still on the team so we can B word slap him again?

Not sure

• Like (+1) 1

One possible achilles heel for this team is the age... particularly on defense... Hyde, Poyer, Von Miller, Leonard Floyd.

I hope the Bills have the opportunities during the season to spot in the younger players and keep some of the mileage off these guys.

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Of course, both Hyde and Floyd are veterans and know to hit the training room and take advantage of every treatment they can to minimize swelling and "get right", whereas some of the younger guys feel invincible and just hit the clubs and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

Killjoy. 

• Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

To be fair to Von and the training staff, IIRC Von's initial MRI and exam were negative, and the torn Achilles wasn't found until he decided to have a little clean up procedure on his knee cartilage to help him play with a brace.

Coach labeled both as " day to day", during today's presser.

Nothing groundbreaking, typical McD speak.

Floyd looked very ginger walking off yesterday (I sit near the tunnel).  But that could mean nothing.

Hopefully both get in the hyperbaric, and quick recovery. Wouldn't surprise me to see them miss some practice time/rehab.

Washington is a solid opponent, but the Miami game is alot more important.  I'm curious if Rapp or Lewis would fill in for Micah.  Rapp is more Poyer-type

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good to go usually means IR with this regime...lol

54 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

To be fair to Von and the training staff, IIRC Von's initial MRI and exam were negative, and the torn Achilles wasn't found until he decided to have a little clean up procedure on his knee cartilage to help him play with a brace.

Dam that is bad if his Achilles tendon is in his knee...

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

Exactly! A quote from the link:

"The good updates from players is only one side of the ledger, though. As we’ve often seen, players will give themselves a clean bill of health when that’s not totally the case."

Hopefully not like the Von situation....

Von - "I'm good to go....."

Bills Management - ".....In 4 weeks, maybe."

Lol yup. Unfortunately things that von say mean nothing at all.

I don't think he's dishonest, he just has an undying optimism and it makes him wrong, not a liar.

Remember after the injury? Couple days later on his podcast saying he'll be back in 11 days. That was around Thanksgiving last year and we're still waiting.

O'dell?

Dhop?

Von is just projecting his wants into the air hoping they become reality. Hopefully Hyde and Floyd don't have the same affliction.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.