Tre White

Dillenger4

33 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

On the long Breece Hall run from their 3 yard line... Tre came in and whiffed. Absolutely missed on the tackle. Boom - 3 points for the Jets.

Look at the DL pre snap on this play.  They were totally out of alignment.  The DE needed to widen out two gaps to be in a proper position, but didn’t.  The OL was able to down block and collapse the entire DL out of the whole with an extra two blockers free.  The LBs were swamped out of position too.

Tre could have made a very tough tackle coming down from his CB spot but, that play was hardly his fault.   

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m not as worried about Tre. He defended the pass, lucky bounce. He’s never been a great run stopper. 

Of you want something to be irritated about, that second year first round corner getting the Aaron Maybiin healthy scratch treatment??

I'm glad he was. Benford actually played well

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

What we don't see, or have stats on, is how many times was Jets QB Wilson unable to throw to Wilson because of good defending on Tre's behalf?

jets Offense was kept to 22 points, which includes OT.  I'd say D played pretty well.

16 points

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

OK - Last night sucked. Full stop. Bad play calling, Josh playing like sugar-rush-Josh. But can we please discuss the Tre White comedy act?

He cost us this game just as much as Josh.

On the long Breece Hall run from their 3 yard line... Tre came in and whiffed. Absolutely missed on the tackle. Boom - 3 points for the Jets.

Third and long,Bills up 13-3. Tre, again, whiffed on the tackle behind the line. First down. Eventual FG.

Jets TD to tie the game - Tre 1-on-1. BURNED like always.

The dude is the weakest link on a very good D. I know you all love him... "Pro bowler blah blah". He is weak and plays like a civ. Teams will attack him. 

"Civ"? Short for "civilian "? Maybe you mean "sieve"?

48 minutes ago, Simon said:

His primary job on that play was to keep the play inside, which he did.

Bernard and Poyer were the culprits on that one, imo.

Yeah, a miracle bounce on a ball he defended means White sucks. :lol:

His run support is where folks (many) seem to have issue with. Tre displayed some poor/weak tackling and what appears he doesn’t want to get physical. 

54 minutes ago, boyst said:

Hahahaha. No. He played very well and had poor tackling 

That’s the benchmark 😂

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

His run support is where folks (many) seem to have issue with. Tre displayed some poor/weak tackling and what appears he doesn’t want to get physical. 

He absolutely 100% had to maintain outside contain on that big run.

That puts him at a huge disadvantage as far as coming in to make a tackle.

He cannot commit himself fully to attacking the ballcarrier because his primary (and only real) responsibility is to force that player inside.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

That’s the benchmark 😂

He’s a 176 lbs cb. Do people know what a cb is supposed to do?  Research Deion Sanders tackling for reference. 

he gave up 34 yards to guy who is going to be a top 10 receiver, on a defense that gave up 140 yards passing. This is insane!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

It's the play design. They were putting 2-3 TEs in as blockers on rushing plays to eat up the LB. That forces DBs to tackle Breece Hall one on one. 

Okay. 

Well the defense gave up 16 points last night. 

Not sure how Tre White is even coming up.

What are we going to do? Bench him and start Elam? Start Dane Jackson over him? 

Tre White isn't great anymore, but he's not the biggest problem on this defense. We have a 6'0" 223 pound MLB right now. 

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Okay. 

Well the defense gave up 16 points last night. 

Not sure how Tre White is even coming up.

What are we going to do? Bench him and start Elam? Start Dane Jackson over him? 

Tre White isn't great anymore, but he's not the biggest problem on this defense. We have a 6'0" 223 pound MLB right now. 

I'm not complaining about Tre at all. The OP has some sort of weird obsession with him. If the Jets can get Breece Hall one on one with any CB, Hall will win that battle 8 times out of 10.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He’s a 176 lbs cb. Do people know what a cb is supposed to do?  Research Deion Sanders tackling for reference. 

he gave up 34 yards to guy who is going to be a top 10 receiver, on a defense that gave up 140 yards passing. This is insane!!!

Yeah we know- still gotta tackle. Its football. 

This is kinda of nuts. He's a corner not a linebacker. He's gonna miss tackles against RBs. Just a fact. 

His coverage was really good. Took a wordlie catch from Garrett Wilson. 

In fact both and he and Christian Benford were good last night in coverage

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Yeah we know- still gotta tackle. Its football. 

He kept contain (which means not letting the play get outside you and force it inside). Obviously, it’s a great bonus for him to make that tackle but on no good defense are your cbs supposed to be primary tacklers 

26 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I'm not complaining about Tre at all. The OP has some sort of weird obsession with him. If the Jets can get Breece Hall one on one with any CB, Hall will win that battle 8 times out of 10.

Disagree. Dick Nightrain Lane used to lay out Jim Brown all the time!!!

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He kept contain (which means not letting the play get outside you and force it inside). Obviously, it’s a great bonus for him to make that tackle but on no good defense are your cbs supposed to be primary tacklers 

Disagree. Dick Nightrain Lane used to lay out Jim Brown all the time!!!

Twice Tre filled gaps and twice he slid off like butter. No effort in his tackling at all. Just my opinion- on to Da Raidas!!! 

I thought Tre was ok last night.. hard to really gauge a ton in the secondary when Rodgers does down and the Jets decide to go power football and hope Josh keeps giving them the ball back. 

What I will say is that this year is the year for this current window.  And by current window, I mean that I would be completely fine letting Hyde, Poyer, Tre, Morse and Davis move on after the season.  We're cap strapped anyway, 4 of them aren't getting any younger and Davis is a WR3 with big play ability that we don't have the luxury of paying. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, appoo said:

This is kinda of nuts. He's a corner not a linebacker. He's gonna miss tackles against RBs. Just a fact. 

G. Wilson is easily the best player on their O and was not heavily targeted at all in the game.  Gee I wonder why.  But let’s blame Tre for everything.

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Gotta cut him some slack…just did his knee two years ago..

Another two years he’ll be fine ..

Breece Hall did not need two years.   He smoked us last night coming off an ACL injury last year.

Edited by Toyo321

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

G. Wilson is easily the best player on their O and was not heavily targeted at all in the game.  Gee I wonder why.  But let’s blame Tre for everything.

Loved what I saw from Benford last night. Chance he's special. 

2 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Breece Hall did not need two years.   He smoked us last night coming off an ACL injury last year.

Two busted gap plays

23 minutes ago, appoo said:

Agree both corners were very good in coverage last night and it’s nice to see someone give credit to Wilson for that incredible catch. A catch that Tre played good defense on, btw. 

I will quibble a little about the missed tackles though. On both misses, Tre had a hold of a leg and didn’t wrap up. I know that Hall is far bigger and stronger, but Tre isn’t a little waif of a player and is more than strong enough to keep hold of a leg when he has it in his grasp. He was lazy on those plays. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Agree both corners were very good in coverage last night and it’s nice to see someone give credit to Wilson for that incredible catch. A catch that Tre played good defense on, btw. 

I will quibble a little about the missed tackles though. On both misses, Tre had a hold of a leg and didn’t wrap up. I know that Hall is far bigger and stronger, but Tre isn’t a little waif of a player and is more than strong enough to keep hold of a leg when he has it in his grasp. He was lazy on those plays. 

You're not wrong, but that seems more feature of the NFL corner today. Lot of business decisions being made out there

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

I thought Tre was ok last night.. hard to really gauge a ton in the secondary when Rodgers does down and the Jets decide to go power football and hope Josh keeps giving them the ball back. 

What I will say is that this year is the year for this current window.  And by current window, I mean that I would be completely fine letting Hyde, Poyer, Tre, Morse and Davis move on after the season.  We're cap strapped anyway, 4 of them aren't getting any younger and Davis is a WR3 with big play ability that we don't have the luxury of paying. 

Davis absolutely stinks. 

Complete black hole in your offense. 

4 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

OK - Last night sucked. Full stop. Bad play calling, Josh playing like sugar-rush-Josh. But can we please discuss the Tre White comedy act?

Third and long,Bills up 13-3. Tre, again, whiffed on the tackle behind the line. First down. Eventual FG.

The dude is the weakest link on a very good D. I know you all love him... "Pro bowler blah blah". He is weak and plays like a civ. Teams will attack him. 

Worst take I’ve heard today. He was man up on Garret much of the game, garret was clearly frustrated and held to pedestrian numbers until making a spectacular play that was defended perfectly. We’re going to put a running play on the db and not the fact that Bernard was pancake blocked. Watch some film

4 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

T. White just has not been the same since he got hurt.

As I mentioned in another post, McCoach better hope that Josh plays like we know he can and that this is not a new normal . . . otherwise McCoach forever will be known as the guy who outsmarted himself by trading the right to select Mahomes in the draft.

As an aside, I am more confident about Josh returning to form than I am Tre. I hope they both can though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.