Tre White

Dillenger4

OK - Last night sucked. Full stop. Bad play calling, Josh playing like sugar-rush-Josh. But can we please discuss the Tre White comedy act?

He cost us this game just as much as Josh.

On the long Breece Hall run from their 3 yard line... Tre came in and whiffed. Absolutely missed on the tackle. Boom - 3 points for the Jets.

Third and long,Bills up 13-3. Tre, again, whiffed on the tackle behind the line. First down. Eventual FG.

Jets TD to tie the game - Tre 1-on-1. BURNED like always.

The dude is the weakest link on a very good D. I know you all love him... "Pro bowler blah blah". He is weak and plays like a civ. Teams will attack him. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 9
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

Just now, Dillenger4 said:

OK - Last night sucked. Full stop. Bad play calling, Josh playing like sugar-rush-Josh. But can we please discuss the Tre White comedy act?

He cost us this game just as much as Josh.

On the long Breece Hall run from their 3 yard line... Tre came in and whiffed. Absolutely missed on the tackle. Boom - 3 points for the Jets.

Third and long,Bills up 13-3. Tre, again, whiffed on the tackle behind the line. First down. Eventual FG.

Jets TD to tie the game - Tre 1-on-1. BURNED like always.

The dude is the weakest link on a very good D. I know you all love him... "Pro bowler blah blah". He is weak and plays like a civ. Teams will attack him. 

Tre was abysmal last night

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 6

I guess I don't share the same sentiments as you.

From what I saw, he played well.  How many yards did Wilson have?  Like 60 on the night?  (without googling)

What we don't see, or have stats on, is how many times was Jets QB Wilson unable to throw to Wilson because of good defending on Tre's behalf?

jets Offense was kept to 22 points, which includes OT.  I'd say D played pretty well.

Edited by Blackbeard
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Real McNasty said:

"Jets TD to tie the game - Tre 1-on-1. BURNED like always"

He def whiffed on those couple tackles which hurt. He wasn't burned on the TD play at all when he actually deflected the ball.

Deflected the ball? OK then... He didn't even touch it. Go look dude. wasn't close. He needs to defend that play. Never does.

• Disagree 4
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 4

Just now, Blackbeard said:

From what I saw, he played well.  How many yards did Wilson have?  Like 60 on the night?  (without googling)

jets Offense was kept to 22 points, which includes OT.  I'd say D played pretty well.

I agree 100% - The D played very good. Just not Tre. And trust me.. teams will attack him. He's that bad. Mark it.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

He struggled in run fills.

But for pass plays, did he even let up a completion outside of that ridiculous circus catch by G Wilson?

Wilson was clearly terrified to throw the ball to that side of the field.

• Haha (+1) 2

Yea, I’m having a hard time blaming a corner for the two run plays plus a miracle catch that was well defended.

he missed a tackle on a goofy play call for the defense and multiple guys seemingly out of position on the long run. His miss looked like a symptom not the cause of the issue there

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Yea, I’m having a hard time blaming a corner for the two run plays plus a miracle catch that was well defended.

he missed a tackle on a goofy play call for the defense and multiple guys seemingly out of position on the long run. His miss looked like a symptom not the cause of the issue there

His primary job on that play was to keep the play inside, which he did.

Bernard and Poyer were the culprits on that one, imo.

2 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

until he did and they needed a TD. OOps, wait. Right.. scored.

Yeah, a miracle bounce on a ball he defended means White sucks. :lol:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dillenger4 said:

until he did and they needed a TD. OOps, wait. Right.. scored.

Yikes....he got a piece of it and Wilson did something incredible...he deflected the pass to give himself another chance to catch it.

I think youre delusional bro. That coulda happened on any DB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ramza86 said:

Yikes....he got a piece of it and Wilson did something incredible...he deflected the pass to give himself another chance to catch it.

I think youre delusional bro. That coulda happened on any DB.

Hey man... to each thier own. But this right here is the kind of reaction that bothers me with the Bills. How bout "Make the play". Make teh tackle. Hmm... great idea right?

• Dislike 3

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

On the TD he got his hand on the ball but Wilson made an absolutely incredible play to snag it.  

This is another theme going back to last year… opposing receivers make incredible, catch of the week type receptions to seal a win.  Our guys ..not so much. 

Yeah, the number 1 cb (where a 1st round pick cb can’t even get on the field) was the reason we lost on a night where the other team had 140 yards passing!!! This board is getting dumber.

dude literally shut down a top 10 receiver all night minus one of the greatest catches I have ever seen. And if you depending on Tre White to be the main guy on run support, that is a very flawed scheme. 

the jets had 140 yards passing and people blame Tre. 😂😂😂

• Agree 4

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, the number 1 cb (where a 1st round pick cb can’t even get on the field) was the reason we lost on a night where the other team had 140 yards passing!!! This board is getting dumber.

dude literally shut down a top 10 receiver all night minus one of the greatest catches I have ever seen. And if you depending on Tre White to be the main guy on run support, that is a very flawed scheme. 

the jets had 140 yards passing and people blame Tre. 😂😂😂

Honestly you aren't wrong here I am actually stunned people think our corners were bad yesterday.

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

His primary job on that play was to keep the play inside, which he did.

Bernard and Poyer were the culprits on that one, imo.

Yeah, a miracle bounce on a ball he defended means White sucks. :lol:

agreed. 

would’ve been great to see him make the play but he absolutely wasn’t supposed to be the last line of defense. 

im very curious to see the poyer tape on the day. And very nervous to see him against an offense attacking on all levels of the defense as opposed to a very contained jets game plan.

Before he got hurt he was excellent. He made some of the Biggest plays this team (post SB era) ever made. He won’t ever be the same and I’m very worried about him against the Dolphins. We have zero speed on the backend which is a place you need to have it. I was stunned that Benford ran down Hall on that long run. That should have been a game saving tackle but of course we went full meltdown and lost anyway.

12 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Honestly you aren't wrong here I am actually stunned people think our corners were bad yesterday.

It's been an ongoing crusade with this one individual, the rest of the fanbase knows better.

Just now, BillzFreak said:

I played flag football for the first time in forever (used to be good, might be washed up sadly). It’s so hard to cover regular dudes. I can’t imagine what it must be like to cover Garrett Wilson. 

I don’t think there is a position that fans are dumber about than cornerback. It is an impossible position. This reminds of people who dumped on Gilmore, who is still a legit good corner, for giving up a catch. It’s so idiotic. We gave up 140 yards passing!!!

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

agreed. 

would’ve been great to see him make the play but he absolutely wasn’t supposed to be the last line of defense. 

im very curious to see the poyer tape on the day. And very nervous to see him against an offense attacking on all levels of the defense as opposed to a very contained jets game plan.

To be fair, White is almost our MLB’s size.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I played flag football for the first time in forever (used to be good, might be washed up sadly). It’s so hard to cover regular dudes. I can’t imagine what it must be like to cover Garrett Wilson. 

I don’t think there is a position that fans are dumber about than cornerback. It is an impossible position. This reminds of people who dumped on Gilmore, who is still a legit good corner, for giving up a catch. It’s so idiotic. We gave up 140 yards passing!!!

To be fair, White is almost our MLB’s size.

lot of folks think that the old school maul a WR, then decapitate him when he tries to catch the ball and truly lock him down style of corner is still a thing

at this point your corners are largely triage against a good offense - avoiding the big play, and hopefully turning a turnover or two to end drives

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

What we don't see, or have stats on, is how many times was Jets QB Wilson unable to throw to Wilson because of good defending on Tre's behalf?

he was the reason that Hall had the night he did. Do his job and make that tackle, and NO ONE is bitching about the run defense today

period

he was flat out awful as a tackler last night.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.