Joe Burrow huge extension 5 years $275 million now highest paid QB

DJB

30 minutes ago, nucci said:

what would your reaction be if Allen did this?

allen plays for my team. I don't care what a fin QB did stats wise. I obviously, as a bills fan, would be very happy with stats like that but already know what JA is not only capable of going forward but what he has done in his career that shows me he is a much better QB then the fins fragile little QB.

Josh Allen most impressive plays from 5-TD game | Super Wild Card Weekend

GO BILLS!!

GO JA!!

tua, meh

I’m sure Joe Burrow will bounce back, but I’m really not here for the “he might not have been 100%” talk after we’ve had to deal with an off-season of hot takes due to a season from hell in which Allen playing half of it with a UCL injury in his throwing elbow is barely ever mentioned. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

It was apparent that Burrow couldn't move. Pressure came and he couldn't make anything happen. 

Deshaun on the other hand was mobile when the pocket broke down. That was a stark difference. 

The other thing is Burrow got predictable. He sees 1 on 1 on the outside and he just lofts the ball deep. Credit to the Browns defensive backs who were draped on the Bengals Wide Receivers all-day. 

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It was apparent that Burrow couldn't move. Pressure came and he couldn't make anything happen. 

Deshaun on the other hand was mobile when the pocket broke down. That was a stark difference. 

The other thing is Burrow got predictable. He sees 1 on 1 on the outside and he just lofts the ball deep. Credit to the Browns defensive backs who were draped on the Bengals Wide Receivers all-day. 

It was interesting in that lofting balls to Chase and Higgins deep when 1 on 1 was the entire Bengals offense until the bye week last year. See all of the highlight reel plays from Chase's rookie year. They were all deep balls down the sideline where Chase highpointed the ball. Last year, they made a huge adjustment to get the ball out faster due to poor OL play. It was night and day and that quick game was the offense that tore the Bills apart. Yesterday was a return to the 2021 form. 

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It is amazing every marquee QB but Allen is allowed an off day by the national media. Joe might not be 100 percent but 81 yards passing was pathetic 

The whole league should copy whatever blueprint that the Browns are doing on defense. This isn’t because of an injury, Cleveland has had Burrows number now for a while. He is 1-5 against them. 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The whole league should copy whatever blueprint that the Browns are doing on defense. This isn’t because of an injury, Cleveland has had Burrows number now for a while. He is 1-5 against them. 

You are correct and on the other side the Bengals D is very good at keeping things in front of them and being opportunistic but man if you have an oline like Cleveland you can just hammer on their dline 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

Maybe there could have been a different strategy than relying on a fifth round rookie to play well enough to sit your first round rookie for the season. 

Peterman wasn't a rookie (we all remember when he started a game the previous year) but I think he had some compromising pictures of someone on the coaching staff or in the front office. And of course he was "very impressive" in those all-important preseason games.

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You are correct and on the other side the Bengals D is very good at keeping things in front of them and being opportunistic but man if you have an oline like Cleveland you can just hammer on their dline 

Well, watching the game, the Browns said you now have Orlando Brown at LT, so we'll move Miles Garrett inside and have him go against your Guards-Center on occasion. 

Za'Darius Smith paid dividends on the first play of the game and hit Burrow from the right side of the pocket against Jonah Williams. 

And you have to hand it to the Browns corners: Ward, Emerson and Newsome were glued to the Cincinnati receivers yesterday. So Sean McDermott, take notes on how their corners played. 

Also, another sneaky couple of things I noticed. The Bengals don't seem to have much confidence in the guys behind Joe Mixon like they did with Perine. And, they got nothing out of Irv Smith vs. last year with Hayden Hurst who caught a TD in his first game with the Panthers. 

Also, the Bengals secondary, DeShaun underthrew 4 passes yesterday, two times Elijah Moore had multiple steps on his man. He connects on just one of those at its 30-3 final score. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

you start the Blue print with some lockdown corners like Ward, then add pass rushers that beat double teams like Miles Garrett. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, chongli said:

On the Dolphins forum, some are claiming today's performance got Tua paid, and his contract will top Burrow's at the end of this year. We'll see.

I posted yesterday that he will be the highest paid player in the league to start the season next year.

I'm sure his "guarantees" will have some availability clauses, but he will be pushing the $60M level.

The only thing to stop that would be his health this year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I posted yesterday that he will be the highest paid player in the league to start the season next year.

I'm sure his "guarantees" will have some availability clauses, but he will be pushing the $60M level.

That’s wild but could def happen …they’re gonna have to make some big time cuts in other places if they intend on doing that and keeping waddle.  

to me a lot of what’s working for the dolphins is that offensive system can elevate pretty much any qb so they’re saving a bunch of money there at the moment. 

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

At some point either the cap will be increased to take into account the quarterback contractual situation, or quarterbacks will have to decide if they want cash or the chance at a Superbowl ring, because an increase in money means less to spend on the roster as a whole.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That’s wild but could def happen …they’re gonna have to make some big time cuts in other places if they intend on doing that and keeping waddle.  

to me a lot of what’s working for the dolphins is that offensive system can elevate pretty much any qb so they’re saving a bunch of money there at the moment. 

I guess a lot of fans have their opinion on Tua.  I think what Tua does well he does really well.  The only way to find out how another QB would

fare long term is to try it.  GMs are scared of doing that, so they pay the QBs.

21 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

At some point either the cap will be increased to take into account the quarterback contractual situation, or quarterbacks will have to decide if they want cash or the chance at a Superbowl ring, because an increase in money means less to spend on the roster as a whole.

The trend with the rule changes favoring the passing game has made the QBs more and more important.  I see nothing changing that in the

near future, so I agree with your points.  

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I disagree.  It's his consistency (going back to college) that's pretty remarkable with him in that it's an eye opener when he has a bad game like today.  His worst game since last year's opener and his other bad game last year was against the Browns without Chase.  He won the other three without Chase.  He's thrown for at least over 4500 yards and 35 TD's the last two seasons.  There's enough data with him that shows this game was an anomaly imo.

As for the Browns, they own the Bengals and that's about it.  Watson still doesn't look close to the player he once was and I don't think they're offense is built to win from behind.  I think their offense get manhandled next week against a ticked off Steelers team.  

We shall see. Browns haven't won in Pittsburgh (regular season) since 2003. 

3 hours ago, Yantha said:

Perspective....

Joe Burrow just got paid $3,000,000 to put up a stinker in the season opener.  

Three

Million

Dollars

......for that.....  

it’s good work if you can land it

I wish I could get paid like that to be terrible at football. I did it for free so much in my past

• Eyeroll 1

17 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Allen was developed in his 2nd year. He didn’t throw over a 1,000 balls in college. His learning curve required 2 ramp seasons and ideally he should have sat pine in 2018. 

Agreed.  Plan was for him to do so but QB from Bengals got injured and P5t5rman's popgun petered out with game speed action.  Supposedly he was great on drawing board and in practice,  OC died on that hill.

2 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Increasing cap does no good - agents who just raise demands.

Best solution but it will take a while.

"Lifetime contract with a vegetable".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.