Josh Allen Talks with Pat McAfee

inthebuff

25 minutes ago, inthebuff said:

Pat McAfee talks with Josh Allen

Josh Allen Talks Exciting Rookies That Stood Out In Camp, Gives Truth On Stefon Diggs Drama

Good interview.. I made some notes:

Josh looks like he lost weight
There was never a worry that Diggs wont be a Bill
Communication with Diggs is at an all time high
Jets are very talented team, lot of respect for Rodgers
Very complimentary of Anthony Richardson - his arm and mechanics
Shorter has to learn from Diggs and Davis but he will play ST and contribute as time goes along
Kincaid is learning fast, expect growing pains early in the season but we will work through it

Very excited to have Knox and Kincaid together, they will cause lot of problems for opposing Ds, they can "block good enough"
Opposing Ds play us different than they play others - I rather understand them as a team

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, nkreed said:

Always a good watch. McAfee does a good job with interviews.

I have to wonder what they told him not to say about Justin Shorter. Skip to 12:45 of the video to get the asked question and Josh's response.

I thought he was either being funny or didn't know if he'd made the team and was asking someone to be sure, who was off camera.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, nkreed said:

I have to wonder what they told him not to say about Justin Shorter. Skip to 12:45 of the video to get the asked question and Josh's response.

If I had to guess, I think he was checking whether it had been announced he was being put on IR yet. That’s why he said “not yet? ok”

• Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Fun vid. I watched it all and didn't get the scoop on Steph though, other than it's all cool.

Good to see Josh says the team isn't afraid to play Kincaid and he and Knox's blocking are "good enough" to mess with lighter defensive packages.

When asked if he's vocal, Josh responded that he's more about leading through action and this confirmed my suspicions that he doesn't get in people's grills and yell at them like some QBs do. Also good to hear that Beane will talk to Josh about personnel decisions though Josh underplayed how much Beane actually listens.

Good vid but nothing too mindblowing.

3 hours ago, inthebuff said:

Pat McAfee talks with Josh Allen

Josh Allen Talks Exciting Rookies That Stood Out In Camp, Gives Truth On Stefon Diggs Drama

Pat McAfee IMHO is the best sports talk show out right now.  From just how they cover sports, how they interview, the vibe, etc...its such a nice change of pace from the click bait and Jerry Springer like sports media going on right now across most media

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Pat McAfee IMHO is the best sports talk show out right now.  From just how they cover sports, how they interview, the vibe, etc...its such a nice change of pace from the click bait and Jerry Springer like sports media going on right now across most media

I very much agree! Josh, Von, Poyer and even Beane seem to get a lot of time with Pat.

Josh also did an interview with Adam Schein which aired yesterday morning.. I enjoy his takes as well and he was sure to let his listeners know that our Super Bowl Window is still open. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, nkreed said:

Josh probably asked if they annouced that Shorter has been placed on IR.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Good interview.. I made some notes:

Josh looks like he lost weight
There was never a worry that Diggs wont be a Bill
Communication with Diggs is at an all time high
Jets are very talented team, lot of respect for Rodgers
Very complimentary of Anthony Richardson - his arm and mechanics
Shorter has to learn from Diggs and Davis but he will play ST and contribute as time goes along
Kincaid is learning fast, expect growing pains early in the season but we will work through it

Very excited to have Knox and Kincaid together, they will cause lot of problems for opposing Ds, they can "block good enough"
Opposing Ds play us different than they play others - I rather understand them as a team

The interview was good.  The only part that worried me was the Kincaid part.  Seemed like he was building in reasons to ignore him and focus on his buddy Knox.  

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The interview was good.  The only part that worried me was the Kincaid part.  Seemed like he was building in reasons to ignore him and focus on his buddy Knox.  

Could be that Kincaid needs a little polish, or it could be that he looks so good that they don't want to clue in opposing DCs about how he'll be used. I like the latter explanation.

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

Could be that Kincaid needs a little polish, or it could be that he looks so good that they don't want to clue in opposing DCs about how he'll be used. I like the latter explanation.

Felt like inherited coach speak from McDermott where you never get too high on a rookie, because at some point they're going to have a rookie moment, and you don't need to put too high of expectations on them.

• Agree 2

this about as much insight as we can expect from an interview, proof is that there is a Bills rep putting the kibosh on the Shorter response as Josh was about to go deep...I also sense a seismic change in Josh, given his jettison of long-time smokeshow party/galpal Brittany W in favor of the more cereral/subdued Hailee and the fasting more pooping lifestyle changes he has made..if anyone has Brittany contact info pls pass along as I got Eagles tix at MSG next week and have an extra.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Josh does look like he’s thinner what’s funny is Hailees dad is a personal trainer and nutritionist wonder if he isn’t giving Josh diet tips as it says he’s gotten into intermittent fasting. 
Good interview you can tell he can’t wait to get Dalton Kincaid on the field. 

Wasn't Britt a fitness instructor?

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Wasn't Britt a fitness instructor?

If a rich, bored girl posting Tik Toks of herself doing pilates counts, then yes, she was a "fitness instructor".

15 hours ago, LEBills said:

If I had to guess, I think he was checking whether it had been announced he was being put on IR yet. That’s why he said “not yet? ok”

Interesting to know that they have people/advisors just off camera. Especially for something so candid and off the cuff as McAfee.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Interesting to know that they have people/advisors just off camera. Especially for something so candid and off the cuff as McAfee.

Wonder if that off camera person was advising Josh that Shorter was placed on IR so would not be practicing with the team. I believe that question was regarding Shorter.

1 hour ago, First Round Bust said:

this about as much insight as we can expect from an interview, proof is that there is a Bills rep putting the kibosh on the Shorter response as Josh was about to go deep...I also sense a seismic change in Josh, given his jettison of long-time smokeshow party/galpal Brittany W in favor of the more cereral/subdued Hailee and the fasting more pooping lifestyle changes he has made..if anyone has Brittany contact info pls pass along as I got Eagles tix at MSG next week and have an extra.

It's not the Eagles without Glen Fly.

Also, "I'm having a ***** day and I hate the ***** Eagles"

I thought it was interesting when talking about Kincaid, Josh brought up what Beane said concerning Kincaid and 2 TE sets etc.

Challenging the defense whether to stay in Base or Nickel and the variations in each.  With an improved run game, it could be a problem for Ds.

I wanted Dorsey to take what the D was giving last season, more than not.  I do however think the Josh and Dorsey want to dictate what the

D does, more often than not.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, nkreed said:

Probably that he was going to go on IR

7 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If a rich, bored girl posting Tik Toks of herself doing pilates counts, then yes, she was a "fitness instructor".

*whew* not a fan of Josh's ex at all, are you?

Yeah, pretty sure the Bills have a PR guy assigned to Josh every media obligation he fulfils.  I've seen him look off-camera before.

22 hours ago, Jamie Nails said:

He was definitely asking his PR guy about Shorter making the team before he went too far complimenting him. 

It was already known at that point Shorter was on the 53 man roster.

It hadn't been announced he was going on IR

Edited by Beck Water

8 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I thought he was just making sure people's expectations aren't unreasonably inflated for a rookie TE. 

I found that interesting as well.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Josh does look like he’s thinner what’s funny is Hailees dad is a personal trainer and nutritionist wonder if he isn’t giving Josh diet tips as it says he’s gotten into intermittent fasting. 
Good interview you can tell he can’t wait to get Dalton Kincaid on the field. 

Josh talked about using time-restricted eating last season.  "a hungry warrior fights harder" or some such malarky.

I'm sure Josh has his own team of nutritionists and flexibility and fitness coaches and massage therapists etc.

14 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Josh also did an interview with Adam Schein which aired yesterday morning.. I enjoy his takes as well and he was sure to let his listeners know that our Super Bowl Window is still open. 

You happen to got a linky for that one?

9 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I didn't take it that way at all.  McAfee was talking a bit about the NE offense and the Colts offense with Manning, where you don't talk you just look at the defense and everybody knows how their role in the called play changes with what they see.  Daboll has talked about this in the past - their offense is built on Josh and the receivers reading the defense the same way and reacting the same way.  That's what Josh means when he talks about "good body language" - the receiver is using body language cues to communicate his intentions about how he's going to run his route to Josh (while simultaneously trying to be deceptive in his body language to the DBs)

What I took Josh as expressing was that Kincaid has been doing this successfully in practice and in preseason, but that the regular season moves faster and defenses become harder to read, so he expects Kincaid to make mistakes early in the season. Then later in the season he'll have seen it before and he'll learn.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.