Deonte Harty = RB1A

akcash

These little dump offs to Harty are basically running plays. 

Last week short pass to flat for 6 yard gain. 

Then PA Josh rolls to left and dumps it off to Harty for 6 more.

Last week that little screen agaisnt the Steelers for 6 yards. 

It's different but kind of similar to what Jacksonville does with Evan Ingram. They dump it off to him in the flat alot for 6+ yards a pop.

I think between this and Kincaid it's the blueprint to taking the ball out of Josh's hands as a runner.

Just imagine when we start going downfield more and Harty starts turning these into 20+ yard gains. 

Edited by akcash
  • Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, akcash said:

It's different but kind of similar to what Jacksonville does with Evan Ingram. They dump it off to him in the flat alot for 6+ yards a pop.

I think between this and Kincaid it's the blueprint to taking the ball out of Josh's hands as a runner.

Just imagine when we start going downfield more and Harty starts turning these into 20+ yard gains. 

Per the bold, I think it’s a better blueprint for occupying the Jets’ back seven. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, akcash said:

It reminded me more of how they used Cole Beasley in 2020.  He’d take advantage of the attention paid to Diggs and get open for some “easy button” throws end up with about  7-8 yards.  

I remember reading some NFL executives say that Harty was a better route runner that he gets credit for.  I’m hoping he can be used in a similar fashion 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, akcash said:

If only it is that easy..guaranteed 6 yds every play instead of a running play. 

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Harty was electric out there. Faster than lil dirty with the moves of Cole. Looking forward to what he brings this season. Seems to be a very underrated signing. 

Really? My TV must have glitched...I did not see the speed or moves on his 4 for 23 yard performance. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

The league has gone to passing so much at the expense of rushing, but here's a thought.  Get back to having halfbacks and fullbacks that all carry the ball.  In the years when OJ was so good, Braxton was also a serious running threat.  He wasn't just a blocker, like most FBs these days.  If Cook is our HB and Harris or some other larger body is the fullback, that enables Cook to get into the passing game while still keeping the fullback in the pocket or to run.  That still leaves three spots for WR/TE personnel, which coupled with Cook (or Harty) out of the backfield produces a much more complex offense to defend against.

Edited by Utah John

5 hours ago, ngbills said:

Really? My TV must have glitched...I did not see the speed or moves on his 4 for 23 yard performance. 

Guy is a JAG, last year it was McKenzie who was jacked and going to break out, stole him for 2.4M or whatever it was, turns out he’s still  a nobody as a WR.    It’s like Groundhog Day around here, “oh look, a small guy that’s fast, we got Tyreek Hill!”  …. 6 weeks in, “I knew Beane needed to get a real WR in here, no more smurfs!”

5 hours ago, Utah John said:

The league has gone to passing so much at the expense of rushing, but here's a thought.  Get back to having halfbacks and fullbacks that all carry the ball.  In the years when OJ was so good, Braxton was also a serious running threat.  He wasn't just a blocker, like most FBs these days.  If Cook is our HB and Harris or some other larger body is the fullback, that enables Cook to get into the passing game while still keeping the fullback in the pocket or to run.  That still leaves three spots for WR/TE personnel, which coupled with Cook (or Harty) out of the backfield produces a much more complex offense to defend against.

hear me out- the running game has been so devalued that we should double our running back presence on any given snap, instead of having an extra pure pass catcher 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 8/28/2023 at 6:23 PM, The Jokeman said:

I call them thruns. The Patriots of the 90s/00s and 49ers of the 80s used them to keep 3rd downs more attainable.

Thruns used to give us fits.  They're hard to contain and force you into uncomfortable positions.  But ever since I installed a bidet in the master bathroom, thruns are a walk in the park.  Its like a pair of Air Monarchs for your butthole. 10/10 consumers of chicken wings and tex mex recommend a home bidet.

Edited by Jauronimo

11 hours ago, Utah John said:

The league has moved on. The era you spoke about used tight ends as blockers. Ozzie Newsome and Kellen Winslow changed that in the early 1980s. Then guys like Gates, Graham, Gonzalez further redefined the position and now players like Kelce and Kittle are as athletic and dynamic as elite WRs. Gronk of course was as devastating a blocker as he was in the pass game which made him and that Patriots offense so special.

Elite TEs create match up nightmares more than any running FB ever will. 

After losing so many games to Gronk and now Kelce, Beane and McD put together the best combo at TE the Bills have ever had with Knox and Kincaid. 

Now we need Dorsey and Allen to use them.

On 8/28/2023 at 7:16 PM, GETTOTHE50 said:

Harty was electric out there. Faster than lil dirty with the moves of Cole. Looking forward to what he brings this season. Seems to be a very underrated signing. 

Didn't get to see any of the pre season games just pieces but if he visas you say faster than Lil Dirty with the moves of C.B. and his hands this would be a awesome thing for Josh . After they got rid of Bease for reasons other than football Josh has missed that security of having him there ICOE across the middle .

I hope Harty is that guy for him once again it is a much needed piece of the puzzle !! GO BILLS !!! 

On 8/30/2023 at 1:40 AM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

The league has moved on. The era you spoke about used tight ends as blockers. Ozzie Newsome and Kellen Winslow changed that in the early 1980s. Then guys like Gates, Graham, Gonzalez further redefined the position and now players like Kelce and Kittle are as athletic and dynamic as elite WRs. Gronk of course was as devastating a blocker as he was in the pass game which made him and that Patriots offense so special.

Elite TEs create match up nightmares more than any running FB ever will. 

After losing so many games to Gronk and now Kelce, Beane and McD put together the best combo at TE the Bills have ever had with Knox and Kincaid. 

Now we need Dorsey and Allen to use them.

It's great we have two very good TEs.  A 22 formation would be very hard to defend against, with one of the RBs and one of the TEs a very skilled receiver.  Lining up as a 22 puts a lot of strength into the running game and with our personnel leaves a very dynamic passing attack.

On 8/30/2023 at 12:42 AM, Jauronimo said:

Thruns used to give us fits.  They're hard to contain and force you into uncomfortable positions.  But ever since I installed a bidet in the master bathroom, thruns are a walk in the park.  Its like a pair of Air Monarchs for your butthole. 10/10 consumers of chicken wings and tex mex recommend a home bidet.

I read this in Ron Burgandy's voice and not sure why...

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/28/2023 at 6:55 PM, akcash said:

They can kill it with these kind of plays, using Harty and Cook. Quick passes and little outs/sweeps like this really demoralize opposing DLines, and help the OLine big time. Then when  you run it down the  gut it's not as obvious and OLine love those plays. For a few deep throws, use max protection.  Just adding all these to what they were doing last year and this is the NFL #1 offense!

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Do you really think that with the speed of Harti and his ability to get separation, and Josh Allen’s cannon arm. We are not going to be going long to him.

Of course. But when you mix that with many of these little outs and sweeps, it makes when he goes deep harder to defend. Diggs, Davis and Harty are all serious threats to go deep. Doresy can put in many deep options while not tiring them out. This offense can be a nightmare for opposing defenses!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.