Speculation and discussion on Bills final roster cuts

Simon

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Can be released with settlement and then re-signed. 

Fans need to understand they signed him to be the backup. There wasn’t an injury forcing him to be the backup. They chose him.

He is nowhere near good enough to fill in for Josh Allen. Nope

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Can be released with settlement and then re-signed. 

Fans need to understand they signed him to be the backup. There wasn’t an injury forcing him to be the backup. They chose him.

Another indication that the Bills brass are poor talent evaluators 

• Eyeroll 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Report after he was cut says he’s healthy now. It was a strain.

"Strain" is the generic term for excessive stretch and/or tearing of a muscle, just like "sprain" is the generic term for excessive stretch and/or tearing of ligament.

Like sprains, strains are graded according to severity from Grade 1 (NBD) to Grade 3 (serious injury, may require surgical repair)

My guess from the duration would be he had a Grade 2 strain, meaning it hurt and swelled and needed several weeks rest, but not surgery.

"Healthy" for a football player returning from injury is a relative term; he likely is "healthy" in the sense of being able to practice now, but he's going to have to get into playing shape.  And for a 30 year old guy, injuries do tend to linger.

On 8/28/2023 at 11:10 AM, BringBackFergy said:

Kyle Allen should stay on the team (contrary to the other thread where some say he should be cut). He’s best buddies with Josh. If you watched the movie “Seabiscuit”, the horse performed much better when it had the best buddy in the stable/paddock. And beer.

So we should start referring to Kyle Allen as "Pumpkin"?

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

It's like the time they asked Peyton Manning's coach why his backup didn't get more practice time, and the coach's response was "Because if Peyton goes down, we're *****, and we don't practice *****".

Folks -- if Josh Allen goes down, the Bills are *****. Whether it's Kyle Allen, Tim Allen, or Allen Ginsberg, the Bills aren't going anywhere without #17.

The division should be tight. If Allen aggravates the elbow and misses 3 games, let's say, being able to win 1 or 2 of those could be the difference in

making the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

It's like the time they asked Peyton Manning's coach why his backup didn't get more practice time, and the coach's response was "Because if Peyton goes down, we're *****, and we don't practice *****".

Folks -- if Josh Allen goes down, the Bills are *****. Whether it's Kyle Allen, Tim Allen, or Allen Ginsberg, the Bills aren't going anywhere without #17.

This is very true - but it's also not the best reason to treat the position of backup in a casual way.  Sometimes, a QB gets hurt and just misses a few games, or a month - and that's when you need someone who can just hold serve for a bit.

I don't consider it to be the most important need on the team or anything, but you do need someone capable in those circumstances.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don’t know, I remember seeing Tim Allen throwing the pigskin around to the kids on Home Improvement. The arm talent is definitely there, just needs to lose the dad bod.

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Logic said:

True. In that case we'll see even the best TBD posters of our generation driven to madness, starving hysterical naked.

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Clearly we on this little board can not match the football wit and wisdom of this WGR caller:

I don't know who Paul is, but I must raise him one: 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

There was a woman who called into One Bills Live today (She goes by the name of Marie and is a regular caller.)  She suggested all of this and of course, Brown and Tasker disagreed.

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Logic said:

Logically, the Philadelphia Eagles should not have won the 2017 Superbowl since they went 2-1 in the regular season with Foles...and then 3-0 in post-season

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I think any starting LB addition would be a massive surprise. 

Cutting Klein makes me wonder. Bernard is injured, so what do they do if Dodson misses games? They may want to put Klein on the PS, but he could be picked up by somewhere else. Giants?

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Logically, the Philadelphia Eagles should not have won the 2017 Superbowl since they went 2-1 in the regular season with Foles...and then 3-0 in post-season

Turns out Nick foles was the best quarterback on that roster

Better than Carson Wentz who collapsed 

Now foles ain't all that ... But when he was hot he was hard to stop

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Didn't Anderson play IOL this offseason? Who are we thinking is our backup RT? 

Anderson played some RT versus Chicago on Saturday.    As did Ryan Van Demark.

David Edwards was a college RT.    Bates was a LT in college and can be a backup at the tackle spots.

Holy Guacamole Batman!

We kept 10 DLmen (plus Von Miller on PUP) and 11, count them, ELEVEN, DB

Yowza.

6 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Cutting Klein makes me wonder. Bernard is injured, so what do they do if Dodson misses games? They may want to put Klein on the PS, but he could be picked up by somewhere else. Giants?

Klein is a vested vet and does not have to clear waivers.  Spector will go on IR and Klein will come back tomorrow (IMO).  IIRC, they usually give the guys who do them a "friendly" that way, a little "cookie" in the form of guaranteed $$ or a little extra bonus.

Edited by Beck Water

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Sounds like he wasn't put on IR so it's looking like he won't be out for too much longer.

Remember they can "elevate' a PS player for the Jets game even if it's not Klien.

Kirksey is scheduled for a visit at OBD too.  Or so it was reported.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Anderson played some RT versus Chicago on Saturday.    As did Ryan Van Demark.

David Edwards was a college RT.    Bates was a LT in college and can be a backup at the tackle spots.

I just didn't see much good RT play in the preseason - certainly not from Van Demark (who did much better on the left). Anderson was a tackle in college I believe, but has been IOL-focused this offseason. Same with Edwards. Bates is a swiss army knife...is he the first in at RT? 

OK, no need for those weekly game day threads.

Someone on the Internet has Spoken

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Sounds like he wasn't put on IR so it's looking like he won't be out for too much longer.

Remember they can "elevate' a PS player for the Jets game even if it's not Klien.

Kirksey is scheduled for a visit at OBD too.  Or so it was reported.

Oh, Is He Now?  Who reported this?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.