Do we keep 7 WR’s? 

Diggs

Davis

Sherfield

Harty

Shakir

Shorter

Shavers / Isabella / Ateman / Patmon

Not sure what people see in shakir besides ' I liked him last year and don't want to be wrong'

Edited by Robert Paulson

16 minutes ago, Process said:

Will be very interesting to see what they do at WR. I think Sherfield is a lock. Wouldn't be surprised if any of Shakir Isabella or Shorter get cut.

I was not impressed with Sherfield (couldn't get off the line when pressed).

43 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I was trying to explain that endzone to my wife. On a windy day the wind blows in both directions at once. If you kick it left it goes left, if you kick it right it goes right.

You'd think a team would spend some money wind modeling their home stadium so they'd  have that advantage regardless of conditions.

Tyler bass and all of the bills kickers have historically kicked very good at home

Cuz they can practice at the stadium and get used to the pattern

It's the opposing kickers who come here that struggle

27 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Beane won’t swallow a draft pick so quickly. He’ll suck that egg. Sounds like the Harty/Isabella competition got a little tighter though which is a good thing. 

Harty and Isabella are not competing.

isabella is fighting for WR6-7 at best

harty is fighting for share of reps in WR3-5 and essentially guaranteed a spot and being game day active 

16 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

Not sure what people see in shakir besides ' I liked him last year and don't want to be wrong'

Last year, we really wanted someone that could replace Beasley as that guy who found open zones on 3rd down, and that’s who Shakir was thought to be.  

With Kincaid on the team, Sherfield and Harry seemingly locked in, Shakir is fighting for a starting job. 

Considering where he was drafted and the lack of trade value, I don’t see Beane moving on.  Especially since Gabe could be gone after this year 

Just now, NoSaint said:

Harty and Isabella are not competing.

isabella is fighting for WR6-7 at best

harty is fighting for share of reps in WR3-5 and essentially guaranteed a spot and being game day active 

Isabella could earn a spot on special teams alone.  We don’t need to carry a 5th rb on this roster anymore for special teams, so that spot could go to a receiver. 

Diggs, Davis, Sherfield, Harty, Shakir, and Isabella could happen. 

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Virgil said:

Isabella could earn a spot on special teams alone.  We don’t need to carry a 5th rb on this roster anymore for special teams, so that spot could go to a receiver. 

that would qualify as fighting for WR6 and not against harty

sending shorter to PS and a better special teamer to the last active spot wouldn’t be unheard of

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Yea Shorter showed nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Last year, we really wanted someone that could replace Beasley as that guy who found open zones on 3rd down, and that’s who Shakir was thought to be.  

With Kincaid on the team, Sherfield and Harry seemingly locked in, Shakir is fighting for a starting job. 

Considering where he was drafted and the lack of trade value, I don’t see Beane moving on.  Especially since Gabe could be gone after this year 

it’s the tough thing with unreasonable expectations. 

people were incredibly over the top with him last year, and now there’s a weird resetting around him. 

he’s a late round WR. He fell for a reason, and may grow into a role but the idea that we replaced beasley instantly with the 21st WR taken in the draft was unfair to him. 

he’s got a good skill set and could contribute as he grows though. Or could quietly fade away as he hasn’t shown exceptional at anything yet. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

Allen put the ball in harms way several times. Barkley, on the flip side, knows what he is and got the ball out of his hands.

For me right now it's Barkley by a lot.

Yup. Allen has better physical traits, Barkley has way better mental traits, such as reading a defense 

1 hour ago, Process said:

So how did Torrence look? Unable to watch the game but was real excited to see him get the start.

Barely noticed him which is great for an ol. 

Overall I barely noticed any 1st or top 2nd team olinemen 

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea Shorter showed nothing.

In fairness, basically Kyle Allen ruined any chance of that.  

Shorter brings a completely different skillet than Isabella.  And a better gunner.

I was less impressed with Andy on kick returns, than Evans.  Andy isn't going to get on the field at slot either....barring injury to Kincaid, Harty, Shakir, and Sherfield.  I see a slim chance he makes the 53

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Interesting week 1 of pre-season. Game 2 will likely be the "dress rehearsal" game where we might see Josh and the starters for a few series and then the higher level backups and the bubble starters deeper into the second half. 

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

In fairness, basically Kyle Allen ruined any chance of that.  

Shorter brings a completely different skillet than Isabella.  And a better gunner.

I was less impressed with Andy on kick returns, than Evans.  Andy isn't going to get on the field at slot either....barring injury to Kincaid, Harty, Shakir, and Sherfield.  I see a slim chance he makes the 53

If Andy is the teams best returner I wouldn't hate seeing him on the roster. But its hard to put him at the top 6 WR slots given that Diggs, Davis, Shakir, Shorter, Hardy and Sheffield are all there and if the team carries 7 WR's for ST purposes where do you get that extra roster spot. 

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Do we keep 7 WR’s? 

Diggs

Davis

Sherfield

Harty

Shakir

Shorter

Shavers / Isabella / Ateman / Patmon

no. Too much value at other positions (cb, S, TE, rb, de, dt, even g, which we will NOT keep 5 of)

How do you judge these wide receivers when they are as erratic as Shavers and Shakir, making some great catches and then dropping easy ones?

Tommy Doyle sure has bad luck. I hope his knee is not destroyed again. 

Edited by Dr. K

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

Harty just seems to small to be an impact player in the NFL. 

Only 59 targets

36 catches , 570 yards, 15.8 ypc, 3 TD plus has an all pro as a returner 

He was allegedly wanted by a few teams and came here for less $.. He's definitely going to have an impact 

Screenshot_20230812_174552_Chrome.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.