Name a random Bills player and one thing you remember about them

26 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Right opponent, wrong player. It was Terrence McGee, not Leodis.

Thank you.  No wonder I have not been able to find this play lol

The ball punch is at the 22 second mark.  The guy goes down instantly.  The ball puncher was running full speed opposite direction, and was no where near when the recipient crumbles.  Who could the ball puncher be?  Who are the suspects?

Edited by Pete
  • Haha (+1) 1

Aaron Williams - just proves Jarvis Landry is a scumbag. Williams lost out on 10s of millions because of that hit, on top of us losing a good S. He only played 2 yrs after singning a 4yr/24 mil conttact.. Shame. He would have def gotten all that $ + another contract 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The idiot draftee (Ko Williams or something like that) got arrested doing something stupid.  He was yelling at the cop arresting him- “I’m Ko Williams and I’m a millionaire.  I’m Ko from the Buffalo Bills” 

15 minutes ago, Uncle Monkeyhead said:

1995 we had a guy who won DPOY and led the league with 17.5 sacks and his name was not Bruce Smith.

IMG_2664-e1578636961645-900x557.png

Bryce Paup was a beast!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

The idiot draftee (Ko Williams or something like that) got arrested doing something stupid.  He was yelling at the cop arresting him- “I’m Ko Williams and I’m a millionaire.  I’m Ko from the Buffalo Bills” 

Bryce Paup was a beast!

Ko Simpson….or as I referred to him “ok Simpson” 

13 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I watched a game in which the Bills were playing in heavy rain and mud. Dockery was the only player on the field with a spotlessly clean uniform. His jersey looked like it just came from the dry cleaners.

The Bills at one time created some sort of column by Langston Walker. OK great, but he was a simply awful player! I mean wtf???

This thread has brought back some odd memories. When Ralph did spend money, it was usually spent in ridiculous ways, such as a huge contract for Jerry Ostroski or a big extension for Kelsay. We also had Levy "promise" not to tag Clements. 🙄 I mean, really?

Those were strange days indeed but looking back, those were actually funny times too in an odd way. :) 

I was so-so on the signing of Walker, but I really thought that Dockery was going to be good for us.

Boy, was I wrong. He cashed in and didn't care.

I was in the minority on Nate Clements, I didn't want him back, so I was fine with us not putting the tag on him. Although, I do wish we had kept Antoine Winfield.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/17/2023 at 4:37 PM, Goin Breakdown said:

Leodis. Kneel, go down, go down, go......ok I'm over it. 

Why you bringing up trauma like this, I was on a road trip in my hotel room with a friend s few doors down the hall and when he did not hear me yell he literally texted me to see if I was ok, he was concerned I had a stroke or something from that play. 

Carwell Gardner for fighting Bryan Cox- ok I started reading more after posting this was already stated as was my next post saying Kelso

What about that lunch pail guy that really never earned his keep and wasn't one of our kickers famous for some missed 47 yard field goal?

Edited by BlazinBill

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

Why you bringing up trauma like this, I was on a road trip in my hotel room with a friend s few doors down the hall and when he did not hear me yell he literally texted me to see if I was ok, he was concerned I had a stroke or something from that play. 

Haha. Sorry man. Yeah, that suuuuuucked. I went out to mow the yard and I the lawn mower. 

9 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Thanks, found the pic I was looking for. 

pg2_g_mkelso1_576-3062306135.jpg

Didn't Don Beebe also wear one of these?   I always felt a little embarrassed inside as a kid seeing a Bills player running around like a bobble head especially since I don't remember players from any other teams wearing them.  

On the other hand, I feared for our receivers lives every time we played the Steelers in the 90's.   That defense they had was just nasty.

Edited by Lost

On 7/17/2023 at 3:46 PM, eball said:

Todd Schlopy made 2 out of 5 FG attempts to win a scab game against the NYG (with Lawrence Taylor crossing the picket line) 6-3 in 1987.

It was the worst football game I’ve ever witnessed in person.

Damn, I absolutely LOVED everything about that game and always list as a top 5 day Amat the stadium for me. 

Ricky “ Squeaky” Porter went to college with me at Slippery Rock !

There is a Bills Nackers bar that is excellent in Brandon, FL (O'Briens if you’re ever in Tampa during the season), and Steve Christie lives south of there in Apollo Beach.  He probably comes up once a month with his daughters and wife.

One of the nicest guys I’ve met as a past Bill.  We had a long talk about his screwed up Norwood was from wide right.  He was compassionate as was I.  Secondarily, Andre Reed was a guest judge for our team building chili contest at our NSM when I was at Abbott Vascular.  He was so nice and after we took pics, and talked about the Bills for 15, we called my sons and they each were able to talk to him.

Ive met a lot of them and Coach Bemiller was my waterline coach (the o linemen during the 60’s).

14 hours ago, Dan in Owego said:

That seems to be something i remember as well, didn't he finish up with the Skins?

I know he left as a free agent but where he ended up, I can't remember and too lazy to Google it. 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

EJ Manuel and the tent.

EJ also appeared on one of those house hunting shows with his parents.  I think he ended up picking a loft apartment near the stadium. 

On 7/17/2023 at 6:18 PM, Dan in Owego said:

Marvcus Patten, i believe a 12th round draft pick from UCLA destroying everyone in one on ones at the 92 Fredonia training camp. Remember walking away thinking we had another stud.

And his mom was a linebacker on a women's football team in LA
https://www.profootballhof.com/news/2018/05/like-mother-like-son/

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

And his mom was a linebacker on a women's football team in LA
https://www.profootballhof.com/news/2018/05/like-mother-like-son/

That reminds me of Dan Brandenberg. He was a pass rushing OLB drafted very late in round 7. In exhibition games he was pressuring and sacking QBs seemingly at will. The kid had great speed and seemed to be very strong. I couldn't believe how he was not drafted earlier, and based on his great preseason play he made the roster.

Well, my bubble burst as soon as the regular season started. He was manhandled by blockers. They put him on special teams where he would get pancaked and soon he was out of the NFL. :( 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.