WGR has Miami better

The Dolphins roster is really good. In all 3 games last year the Dolphins gave the Bills all they could handle. If Tua stays healthy (a big if) then the Fins will compete with the Bills for the division. If Mike White has to be "THE GUY" then forget it. He is a decent backup but that is all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

They do these multiple times a week and change them pretty much every time just so they're different. 

They did one yesterday(probably this one) on the air. They were all over the place on each one. People get their panties in a bunch over some dumb things. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Only a bunch of homers would assume a local radio station should choose their team over other teams just because it's the local team. Miami is a good team. We are a good team. The Jets might also now be a good team, we don't know. It's all speculation and opinions until they actually play so the point is nobody knows. This thread is an embarrassment

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Only a bunch of homers would assume a local radio station should choose their team over other teams just because it's the local team. Miami is a good team. We are a good team. The Jets might also now be a good team, we don't know. It's all speculation and opinions until they actually play so the point is nobody knows. This thread is an embarrassment

this is very angry.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

I'm surprised we are still above the Jets. Gotta prove it on the field. When you can't run minus the qb or stop the run, the qb is your only hoghlight

What have the Jets proven. They haven't made the playoffs since 2010. Won 7 games last year. They also have to prove it on the field.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

What have the Jets proven. They haven't made the playoffs since 2010. Won 7 games last year. They also have to prove it on the field.

No doubt they do. They have proven a better defense. Preseason rankings can be meaningless, but if I had to rank them...

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

We all have our opinions about WGR of their analysis which is excellent to some of the hosts bordering on being circus clowns but how the Bills own station has Miami ahead of Buffalo is beyond me. 

Why is it a surprise?  They need to generate some controversy to get clicks and listens.

The SMDH ranking for me is Baltimore.  10-7 last season, their D took a step back without Wink, they fired their OC and have a new OC who would be considered "Mystery Meat" (never an NFL OC before), does the addition of OBJ really make them so much better?  What's the attraction, I don't get it.  I can see them being competitive - Harbaugh will almost always have a team competitive - but to put them ahead of Cincy?  Cincy beat them twice last season, and the first meeting they barely squeezed by with a 2 point victory.

Miami has really good personnel.  Some would consider their D under-performed last season.  The question is, is Vic Fangio the guy to fix that?  Second question, will Tua stay healthy and if so, how many teams defense will solve the apparent "gap" in his passing game?

Power rankings before training camp even starts are really pretty meaningless.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

I'm surprised we are still above the Jets. Gotta prove it on the field. When you can't run minus the qb or stop the run, the qb is your only hoghlight

Let's look at what each team has done "on the field" lately.

2022 Jets : Record 7-10, Rushing Yards Allowed Per Game 121.6

2022 Bills : Record 13-3, Rushing Yards Allowed Per Game 104.6

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Let's look at what each team has done "on the field" lately.

2022 Jets : Record 7-10, Rushing Yards Allowed Per Game 121.6

2022 Bills : Record 13-3, Rushing Yards Allowed Per Game 104.6

There ya go . Straight stats with no insightful thinking. Cause and effect. Stay safe. Be a paper Champ 🏆 

Trash.

No idea what this station's obsession with Baltimore is every year. 

I think Miami and Buffalo have pretty equal rosters, so unless you're telling me that Tua is better than Allen, I'm not playing this game.  

KC and CIN, I'm fine with.  This is the most talented team we've ever had, despite what the narrative based off last year's finish is...  but I need to see what this team looks like before I trust them to be able to go toe to toe with those two when it matters.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Trash.

No idea what this station's obsession with Baltimore is every year. 

I think Miami and Buffalo have pretty equal rosters, so unless you're telling me that Tua is better than Allen, I'm not playing this game.  

KC and CIN, I'm fine with.  This is the most talented team we've ever had, despite what the narrative based off last year's finish is...  but I need to see what this team looks like before I trust them to be able to go toe to toe with those two when it matters.  

It's Schopp and his undying love for Lamar. 

He's been in love with him since the 2019 MVP, as is the National media as well. 

They hang onto that 2019 MVP like Mufasa on the cliff. 

I think on the Bengals, Joe Burrow being all about football, whereas Allen has admitted on Kyle Brandt, that up until this offseason, he hasn't done all the conditioning and weight lifting that he could have to take full advantage of his natural talent. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Well you need a period at the end of embarrassment. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Their roster is better then the Jets but I’m not sure after what we’ve done this off season it’s better then us.  They have the Hill/Waddle combo and that’s what makes it even close imo. 

I really can only confidently say Miami’s DL is better then ours - not much better but it’s better.  

Ramsey is there for the pay day and weather.  

Their secondary is younger then ours I’m not sure better.  

Are their RBs better then ours?  Idk I guess?   

The reason they were in that game at Buffalo last year is because we were God awful against Mostert.  We allowed 188 yards on the ground total. Thanks for all your service here Tremaine btw.  Appreciated.  

But our backup scrub secondary and D minus Von and a banged up Groot held - outside of like a 70 yard play to Waddle that was 1/3 of Tua’s passing yards that day.  

Btw a Tua injury away from bad?  They are a Terron Armstead injury away from being bad - and that’s more likely.  

Allen, who apparently doesn’t count for these rankings but every other QB does - threw for 305 yards and 4 TDS.  Rushed for 77 more.  

Good luck Fangio.   I remember Josh shredding your Denver D with Jake Kumerow a few years ago.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I disagree.  As you say, both teams are good but the Bills beat Miami 2 out of 3 times last season and have won the division 3 years in a row. Based on that history and the fact that the Bills had at worst a modestly effective off season it's ludicrous that a local Buffalo radio station would place the Dolphins above the Bills in a PRESEASON poll. 

This has nothing to do with being homers it's a simple expectation that a local Buffalo station would give the local team the benefit of doubt in a PRESEASON poll.  I stress "preseason poll" because if the Dolphins get off to a better start then the Bills it would be appropriate for GR to rate Miami higher then the Bills.  But until we see the Jets & Dolphins in action the operative word here is MIGHT be better.  For now a local station should use history & the off season as their guide.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

WGR is not the Bills station.   Those guy do reverse power rankings every week and they mix it just to make it interesting.  People are so easily offended by any media take....but the reality is having controversial takes generates income.

49 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

I'm surprised we are still above the Jets. Gotta prove it on the field. When you can't run minus the qb or stop the run, the qb is your only highlight

Do the Jets not "have to prove it on the field"?

6 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

WGR is not the Bills station.   Those guy do reverse power rankings every week and they mix it just to make it interesting.  People are so easily offended by any media take....but the reality is having controversial takes generates income.

Yep

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Controversial? It's the NFL. Wouldn't exactly be a bold prediction if Miami took the division.  Think they're overlooking the Jets a little though. The Miami qb has had serious issues seeing straight  

44 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

There ya go . Straight stats with no insightful thinking. Cause and effect. Stay safe. Be a paper Champ 🏆 

We beat the Super Bowl champs last year in their house…… when we weren’t completely riddled with injuries.   The team we’ll have on the field week 1 will be light years better than the team we fielded in the playoffs vs the Bengals….. yet all anyone thinks about is that loss.  

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We beat the Super Bowl champs last year in their house…… when we weren’t completely riddled with injuries.   The team we’ll have on the field week 1 will be light years better than the team we fielded in the playoffs vs the Bengals….. yet all anyone thinks about is that loss.  

The qb will be fresh. The end of season is when he's worn, that's all there is to think about. They're gonna try to run with Cook as far as I know. That won't work. Two on the roster that might be able to step in. You gotta be on top and ahead of the game to win. Buffalo's brass is a year slow to catch on. 

Edited by 1onemangang7
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, 1onemangang7 said:

The qb will be fresh. The end of season is when he's worn, that's all there is to think about. They're gonna try to run. with Cook as far as I know. That won't work. Two on the roster that might be able to step in. You gotta be on top and ahead of the game to win. Buffalo's brass is a year slow to catch on. 

Of course players get worn down as the season goes on..

Last time I checked, Allen - without a torn UCL - put on the most impressive showing of a QB ever in the postseason.  

What exactly is your point here?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Of course players get worn down as the season goes on..

Last time I checked, Allen - without a torn UCL - put on the most impressive showing of a QB ever in the postseason.  

What exactly is your point here?

All hopes are on his shoulders.  He's the one man gang til they get an NFL back in the backfield to match him. That's the point.  Murray woulda been a nice pick up last season. Now, I'm not so sure. Like I said they're a year behind.

I mean. We can get into speculation all we want. What is not speculation is we split the regular season last year and would have lost in our house if they had any semblance of a QB situation. We could argue that we could play significantly better than we did in the playoff game. We could argue that getting all these guys back healthy will make a huge difference. I think both are true and I certainly think we are better than Miami. That said, my initial feelings of this stuff just being click bait probably aren't accurate. They basically played us even last year. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

All hopes are on his shoulders.  He's the one man gang til they get an NFL back in the backfield to match him. That's the point.  Murray woulda been a nice pick up last season. Now, I'm not so sure. Like I said they're a year behind.

Cook, Harris and Murray is fine.  

It's better than whatever Mahomes has.  

The difference... Mahomes has had an elite OL.  Allen, not even close.  

It's going to come down to the "Year 2" Kromer influence, new additions and the development of Spencer Brown. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Cook, Harris and Murray is fine.  

It's better than whatever Mahomes has.  

The difference... Mahomes has had an elite OL.  Allen, not even close.  

It's going to come down to the "Year 2" Kromer influence, new additions and the development of Spencer Brown. 

It's not about the Chiefs. Doubtful Reid would have Cook. So I disagree. The other two might be enough cause he's better than Mahomes in my opinion. Just needs some help.

15 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

The qb will be fresh. The end of season is when he's worn, that's all there is to think about. They're gonna try to run with Cook as far as I know. That won't work. Two on the roster that might be able to step in. You gotta be on top and ahead of the game to win. Buffalo's brass is a year slow to catch on. 

Thanks for the crystal ball reading!  

As far as I know, you’re as clueless as ever

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

The Dolphins roster is really good. In all 3 games last year the Dolphins gave the Bills all they could handle. If Tua stays healthy (a big if) then the Fins will compete with the Bills for the division. If Mike White has to be "THE GUY" then forget it. He is a decent backup but that is all.

What if the Bills stay healthy?

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.