Media predictions for the AFC East

newcam2012

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Meanwhile Vegas >>>> MOST people.  

Vegas has us as the 2nd favorite in the AFC.  

but do you

Most every team falls short when you can only predict one SB winner. 

luckily for us, your (not anyones) opinion doesn’t mean Jack.  

I think the Bengals are a better team than the Bills. Their wide receivers are probably the best in the league, they have an improved oline, Anarumo mixes up the defenses and schemes well, and Burrow is every bit as good as Allen. Physical talent wise Allen is by far more gifted. However, Burrow has that it factor and knows how to win. 

The Bengals look to be a poor match up for the Bills. Not sure how people can rank Buffalo better than Cinci. Cinci waxed the Bills for 5 quarters last year. Until the Bills show me something Cinci gets the edge. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

He makes some points, but at the end of the day, we have a freakish, do everything, Hall-of-Fame quarterback in the prime of his career. Could we still lose the division? Sure, if injuries/bad breaks pile up. But if Allen stays healthy, the Bills make the playoffs, at minimum.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I think the Bengals are a better team than the Bills. Their wide receivers are probably the best in the league, they have an improved oline, Anarumo mixes up the defenses and schemes well, and Burrow is every bit as good as Allen. Physical talent wise Allen is by far more gifted. However, Burrow has that it factor and knows how to win. 

The Bengals look to be a poor match up for the Bills. Not sure how people can rank Buffalo better than Cinci. Cinci waxed the Bills for 5 quarters last year. Until the Bills show me something Cinci gets the edge. 

It doesn’t matter what you think tbh.  Vegas >>>>> you.  Facts

8 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

teams led by Josh Allen win 66.67% of their games

teams led by Joe Burrow win 60.40% of their games

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/16/2023 at 8:14 AM, newcam2012 said:

https://twsn.net/2023/06/the-buffalo-bills-will-not-win-the-afc-east-in-2023

Who is this writer? Certainly, makes some good points but leaves out several too. 

I still think the Bills have to be considered favorites in the division. 

You do realize that this is click bait, right?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

teams led by Josh Allen win 66.67% of their games

teams led by Joe Burrow win 60.40% of their games

I would pick Burrow over Allen when the game's on the line. Just my opinion as a football fan. I'm sure many will disagree. 

I could point to Burrow in the playoffs and his SB.appearence as a counter. 

For me the QB rankings are:

1: Mahomes by a huge margin.

2: Burrow edges out Allen.

3: Allen clear 3rd.

Physical Talent only considered Allen is the most gifted in the NFL. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 6/16/2023 at 6:49 AM, mjt328 said:

The Jets only true weakness was QB, and they added a guy who has won MVP two of the last three seasons.  That's nothing to scoff at.

I don't know man, it kind of is considering Rodgers will turn 40 this season and has become, no BS,  an ayahuasca advocate since the last MVP. Plus he took a beating last year. I personally think this is going to be an almost Russell Wilson level flop. I simply don't believe Rodgers still possess the physicality and athleticism to run away with the division, the same division that is a hit or two away from turning Tua into a vegetable. I think you may even see some early Rodgers whining/drama if the Jets don't rip off immediate wins.

• Eyeroll 1

31 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I would pick Burrow over Allen when the game's on the line. Just my opinion as a football fan. I'm sure many will disagree. 

Josh Allen in the playoffs>>Joe Burrow in the playoffs and it's not close 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

How? Burrow shredded the Bills last year and Allen led the offense to 10 points. 

Burrow beat Mahomes and went to a SB. 

At this point, it's very clear Burrow has led his team further than Allen. Sure there are many factors in play besides the QB. 

Nevertheless, Burrow and the Bengals have advanced further than any Allen led Bills season. That's just a fact. 

I don't get how Bills fans think they are better than Cinci. 

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

You do realize that this is click bait, right?

Don, thanks for the common sense approach.  I honestly don’t know why anyone watches ESPN anymore.  I like in season NFL matchup as Cosell puts a nice show in strategy, technique, and counters in marquee games.  It’s not clickbait like 100% of the rest of that network.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

How? Burrow shredded the Bills last year and Allen led the offense to 10 points. 

Burrow beat Mahomes and went to a SB. 

At this point, it's very clear Burrow has led his team further than Allen. Sure there are many factors in play besides the QB. 

Nevertheless, Burrow and the Bengals have advanced further than any Allen led Bills season. That's just a fact. 

I don't get how Bills fans think they are better than Cinci. 

In reality QB's don't beat each other because they're never on the field at the same time.  They beat the other guys defense.  Also, of the three QB's , Allen, Burrow, and Mahomes, Allen had the least effective supporting cast of offensive line and skill players.   That absolutely had an impact on the results each QB produced. 

As for the defenses, from a talent perspective I think the three teams are fairly close.  The problem with the Bills defense has been its predictability.  When facing great QB's that's a terrible trait.  You know which 4 guys are rushing and how they're coming at you the line blocking calls are easy and the QB pre-snap reads are too. 

On 6/16/2023 at 8:27 AM, BuffaloBillyG said:

There certainly is the possibility that The Bills don't come out on top in the AFCE. Football is a weird sport and things happen. 

That said, the road to the AFCE goes through Buffalo. Yes, on paper the Jets got better. On paper the Dolphins got better and you could even argue that despite being the 4th best team in the AFCE, the Pats improved. But so did the Bills. "If Tua stays healthy", "If Rodgers can bounce back", "If having an actual OC helps Mac" then it will be competitive.

Reminds me a lot of last year when many were excited that the AFCW was "stacked". The arms race was sure to make the Chiefs lose a few in their division and be nowhere NEAR that 1 seed. Right? I mean, the Chargers had Herbert and added to that defense. Denver brought in Russ...with all those young talented weapons. Heck, even the Raider got Adams. 

Doesn't that sound a lot like:

"Wow Jets brought in Rodgers"

"Wow, Miami has added to that defense"

And even possibly:

"Heck the Patriots got DHop"

History sometimes repeats itself. 

Great points.  The East is the Bills to lose, probably for as long as Allen is here and healthy.  I do think the other teams got more outside help than the Bills did, but the Bills will be better than we saw for a lot of last year, assuming everyone comes back healthy.   I would certainly have preferred to see more talent added to the offense, but it is what it is.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Nelius said:

I don't know man, it kind of is considering Rodgers will turn 40 this season and has become, no BS,  an ayahuasca advocate since the last MVP. Plus he took a beating last year. I personally think this is going to be an almost Russell Wilson level flop. I simply don't believe Rodgers still possess the physicality and athleticism to run away with the division, the same division that is a hit or two away from turning Tua into a vegetable. I think you may even see some early Rodgers whining/drama if the Jets don't rip off immediate wins.

Brady was a unicorn in that his play got better after he turned 40.  From what I can see Rogers falls in the camp with most QB's who see substantial & rapid declines in performance in their late 30's/early 40's.  Think about Kelly, Marino, Montana, Manning, Brees, and a host of others.  The odds are that Rogers slide began last season and will become very noticeable this year.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Brady was a unicorn in that his play got better after he turned 40.  From what I can see Rogers falls in the camp with most QB's who see substantial & rapid declines in performance in their late 30's/early 40's.  Think about Kelly, Marino, Montana, Manning, Brees, and a host of others.  The odds are that Rogers slide began last season and will become very noticeable this year.

I am not sure Brady's play got better as such it just didn't drop off noticeably.... although when it looked like it might be in his final year with the Patriots he ditched them for a team where there would be more talent around him to compensate for any decline in his play. 

EDIT: I agree on Rodgers though... he doesn't have Brady's mentality either. Not sure the "want to" will be as strong. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. But as a thought experiment let me ask this.

Game is on the line. You get to choose. Do you take Allen playing in the Bengals offense with their weapons/coaching or Burrow in Buffalo's offense with their weapons/coaching?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Jeff George was considered the most gifted physical talent when he entered the league and turned out to be mediocre. Physical talent can only take you so far.

With that said Allen is #2 ahead of Burrow. Just my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Last year's playoff game says you are wrong. Mahomes, Burrow, Allen are the top 3 QB's in the league. Mahomes has to be #1 with two rings. Burrow and Allen would be a good debate for who is 2 and 3. I think Allen is the better athlete, but Burrow is a better passer. He is more accurate than Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Last year's playoff game says you are wrong. Mahomes, Burrow, Allen are the top 3 QB's in the league. Mahomes has to be #1 with two rings. Burrow and Allen would be a good debate for who is 2 and 3. I think Allen is the better athlete, but Burrow is a better passer. He is more accurate than Josh.

Playoff statistics (Allen has 8 games Burrow has 7)

Josh Allen- 17TDs to 4 INTs

Joe Burrow- 9TDs to 4 INTs

Allen YPG (just throwing)- 291

Burrow YPG (just throwing)- 260

Allen QBrating: 99.6

Burrow QBrating: 93.8

Allen any/a: 6.54

Burrow any/a: 5.82

Allen rushing: adds another 52ypg and 2TDs

Burrow rushing: adds another 14ypg and 1TD

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Playoff statistics (Allen has 8 games Burrow has 7)

Josh Allen- 17TDs to 4 INTs

Joe Burrow- 9TDs to 4 INTs

Allen YPG (just throwing)- 291

Burrow YPG (just throwing)- 260

Allen QBrating: 99.6

Burrow QBrating: 93.8

Allen any/a: 6.54

Burrow any/a: 5.82

Allen rushing: adds another 52ypg and 2TDs

Burrow rushing: adds another 14ypg and 1TD

Amazingly Josh has 8 playoff fumbles to go along with 52 career regular season fumbles!

11 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I think all three QBs are great and nearly interchangeable.  It's hard to argue with Mahomes' results, so he deserves the top spot.  They've all had to overcome some less than ideal offensive talent deficiencies, but I'd say Josh was the least set up for success from a collective talent standpoint.  Mahomes has Reid,  Kelce (and had Hill (which are tremendous, almost hard to overstate advantages)), but has never had a great running back and had middling talent at WR last year.  Burrow has the best receiving corps in the league, but largely played behind a garbage offensive line until last season.  Josh has always played behind mediocre offensive lines and has only had the fortune of one star offensive piece in Diggs. 

In short, I like all of the QBs and would excitedly take any of them on my team. Mahomes has dominated the narrative so far, but they're all young and we are only about a third of the way through the story.  

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I think all three QBs are great and nearly interchangeable.  It's hard to argue with Mahomes' results, so he deserves the top spot.  They've all had to overcome some less than ideal offensive talent deficiencies, but I'd say Josh was the least set up for success from a collective talent standpoint.  Mahomes has Reid,  Kelce (and had Hill (which are tremendous, almost hard to overstate advantages)), but has never had a great running back and had middling talent at WR last year.  Burrow has the best receiving corps in the league, but largely played behind a garbage offensive line until last season.  Josh has always played behind mediocre offensive lines and has only had the fortune of one star offensive piece in Diggs. 

In short, I like all of the QBs and would excitedly take any of them on my team. Mahomes has dominated the narrative so far, but they're all young and we are only about a third of the way through the story.  

No doubt you can't go wrong with any of them. 

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. But as a thought experiment let me ask this.

Game is on the line. You get to choose. Do you take Allen playing in the Bengals offense with their weapons/coaching or Burrow in Buffalo's offense with their weapons/coaching?

I take Tom Brady.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/20/2023 at 12:55 PM, NewEra said:

Meanwhile Vegas >>>> MOST people.  

Vegas has us as the 2nd favorite in the AFC.  

but do you

Most every team falls short when you can only predict one SB winner. 

luckily for us, your (not anyones) opinion doesn’t mean Jack.  

Lol Somehow you got your feelings hurt by me saying the Bills are a top 4 team.  Oh and of course it’s my opinion because I am thinking the Bengals are going push the chips all in while they still have all those rookie contracts to try and win 1 SB before they will have to break the group up.  The Bills have a damn good team, sadly the AFC has something like 6 teams that could contend for a championship. (Bills, Bengals,KC, Baltimore, Jets, Phins, ) with a few up and coming teams (Jags,Chargers, Browns). So this isn’t any easy gauntlet for any team. 

• Agree 1

Convenient he didn't give a predication on WHO would win the AFC East, only that it wouldn't be the Bills.

That's a pretty easy bet, just given the odds. You're essentially get 3 shots at being correct, and only 1 being wrong. 

It's like saying "The Chiefs won't win the Super Bowl this year!" and acting like it's a bold prediction. You're taking the field of 31 teams vs just the 1 team. Obviously, the odds are in your favor, even if KC is the best team in the league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

On 6/16/2023 at 8:24 AM, gonzo1105 said:

The Bills are the favorites but I can see them losing the division 

Losing the division to Tua or a 39 year old Rogers.who is operating behind an O-line that NFL analysts think is below average, is unlikely. Remember, we are the team with the best QB and the best defense. Why would you think these teams could win the division?  The Jets have a frightening schedule to start the season. Let’s see their record thru 6 games and then start anointing them.

On 7/22/2023 at 5:57 PM, Eastport bills said:

Losing the division to Tua or a 39 year old Rogers.who is operating behind an O-line that NFL analysts think is below average, is unlikely. Remember, we are the team with the best QB and the best defense. Why would you think these teams could win the division?  The Jets have a frightening schedule to start the season. Let’s see their record thru 6 games and then start anointing them.

Okay lol. I said the Bills are the favorites and they should be but our schedule is very tough. The Dolphins played the Bills tough 3 games and the Jets split with the Bills last year. 

Your homerism is showing if you don’t think there is a possibility the Bills could lose the AFC East 

9 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Okay lol. I said the Bills are the favorites and they should be but our schedule is very tough. The Dolphins played the Bills tough 3 games and the Jets split with the Bills last year. 

Your homerism is showing if you don’t think there is a possibility the Bills could lose the AFC East 

Homerism, dismissing teams with lesser rosters and QBs that are either 1st year with their team or one concussion away from being out of football. I don’t think so. A possibility is a nebulous, ridiculous standard for making a calculated prognostication. 

On 7/22/2023 at 5:57 PM, Eastport bills said:

The Dolphins have an excellent roster. They could have won any of the 3 games they played against the Bills. Granted the Bills shot themselves in the foot in the playoff game which allowed them with a scrub QB to get back in the game, but that 4th quarter everybody was nervous. Mike White is a decent backup QB if Tua gets hurt which he probably will. The Jets have a legit D. Both games against them were extremely hard fought and physical. Expect both games to be like that this year. Even if Rodgers has declined, he is still way better than Wilson, White or Flacco. The Bills will be in a 3-way fight for the division with the Dolphins and Jets.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Who cares about the AFC East.

Bills going 10-7. Wins Super Bowl as a 6th seed. Beats Jacksonville, KC, and Baltimore in AFC playoffs. Beats San Francisco in the Super Bowl.

Considering the Bills are 0-4 on the road in the playoffs with McDermott I would hope the Bills are higher than the 6th seed.

11 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Dolphins have an excellent roster. They could have won any of the 3 games they played against the Bills. Granted the Bills shot themselves in the foot in the playoff game which allowed them with a scrub QB to get back in the game, but that 4th quarter everybody was nervous. Mike White is a decent backup QB if Tua gets hurt which he probably will. The Jets have a legit D. Both games against them were extremely hard fought and physical. Expect both games to be like that this year. Even if Rodgers has declined, he is still way better than Wilson, White or Flacco. The Bills will be in a 3-way fight for the division with the Dolphins and Jets.

The 1st Miami game was played in conditions as you remember where we had our bench in 100 plus degrees and blazing sun. We were fortunate no one died of heat stroke. The 2nd game in Buffalo was a tough win but when Josh had to produce, he marched right down the field twice.The 3rd game was part of the problem this team had against Cinn. We were spent after all we went through. Those games were not indicative of this team’s talent. The Jets should be better, but with our additions on defense and at O-line, receiver and RBs, we should be improved as well. Remember, we have the best QB and Tua and Rogers have real physical challenges. Tua with injuries in his history and Rogers, being 39 and in his 1st year in a new system. Do fans think KC will be in a dog fight because the Broncos and Chargers will be much better?

2 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

The 1st Miami game was played in conditions as you remember where we had our bench in 100 plus degrees and blazing sun. We were fortunate no one died of heat stroke. The 2nd game in Buffalo was a tough win but when Josh had to produce, he marched right down the field twice.The 3rd game was part of the problem this team had against Cinn. We were spent after all we went through. Those games were not indicative of this team’s talent. The Jets should be better, but with our additions on defense and at O-line, receiver and RBs, we should be improved as well. Remember, we have the best QB and Tua and Rogers have real physical challenges. Tua with injuries in his history and Rogers, being 39 and in his 1st year in a new system. Do fans think KC will be in a dog fight because the Broncos and Chargers will be much better?

KC will probably win the division. I keep hoping the Chargers step up and challenge them. On paper they have a team that can do it and the games between them are usually close.

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Considering the Bills are 0-4 on the road in the playoffs with McDermott I would hope the Bills are higher than the 6th seed.

Oh please. 0-2 when they just started this run and 0-2 vs the Chiefs. The last game we all know was a great game that could have gone either way.

The Bills are just fine on the road.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Oh please. 0-2 when they just started this run and 0-2 vs the Chiefs. The last game we all know was a great game that could have gone either way.

The Bills are just fine on the road.

I would rather they get at least one home game. The AFC is loaded this year.

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

I would rather they get at least one home game. The AFC is loaded this year.

It doesn’t matter. Seriously doesn’t. Said it last year. Didn’t care about home field.

I think the Bills offense is better on the road but the defense might be better at home.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.