Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Honestly, who cares? So what? It doesnt change my day or my life AT ALL. Nothing that happened yesterday matters to me directly. Nothing they say today affects any one of us personally.

I didnt care that much yesterday through all your hysterics. I dont care today. Get on the field and play. Those of us who were Bills fans through the 80s know that all that matters is what happens on the field and this team has the talent to win.

You care enough to continue posting in this thread

• Eyeroll 2

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

McD's EQ (tested) is one of his best qualities as a coach, but sometimes I think he is too sensitive for the NFL. I think he was still a little raw from the morning discussions with Stef and let himself get a little snippy by providing a short answer instead of taking the Belichick path and simply saying "no" and shutting it down, or explaining himself better like he did today "It's a concern when any player misses practice".

I wonder if he was playing a mental game with Diggs?  He knows Diggs will hear it and this was McD flexing his muscle.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

The funny (or sad) part is that there is no shortage of posters who don’t realize the Bills are lying directly to their face. 

And honest question why does this matter so much to you? In all honesty you've had so much to say on this matter. 

34 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Probably already posted but this thread moves wayyyy too fast to possibly keep up with all the posts…

The whole allegedly WR coach controversy is obviously b/c HE wanted to be WR coach

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

That assumes any call went to 911 and that resounding officers had body cams in and engaged.  What if—and this is PURELY conjecture—a Bills player in a non-emergent situation called the Bills head of security, who in turn called a contact in LE for “advice,” who in turn handled response from there?  

it’s indeed possible, though let’s also say there’s a good chance Josh isn’t calling the team for a domestic dispute the night before a playoff game. Maybe…. but I’ll say a lot less of the “off the record” stuff happens with on duty officers than it once did. There are far too many ways for it to blow up into something even bigger. 

photos of a cop at the house or his gf making a comment and “where’s the paperwork on this” or “what were you doing showing up at a private residence off duty” gets messy fast. 

Police were dispatched to joshs house is a bold statement though. And if this guys hearing it from two unrelated sources it’s not a good secret. So I’m doubting it’s true. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Yes.  This is 100% PR spin.  What do you do for a living?  What experience do you have with this sort of thing?

IT's kind of obvious.

Yesterday Mcdermott was "very concerned" about Digg's absence because.....he excused him from practice?

And he...ugh....forgot?

Don't be a gullible idiot.

Sometimes it’s best to laugh at the lemmings.

Here is what I posted 16 hours ago. I told them all the script of how this would go down.

It is unfolding nearly exactly as I said it would.

Why? Because we run PR campaigns at my company. I know how they work. This was extremely predictable.

BCB771-A9-A46-E-4-A34-933-E-315-AB938-E1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The funny (or sad) part is that there is no shortage of posters who don’t realize the Bills are lying directly to their face. 

This is such a bombshell - you're completely right! Now I've decided your proclamation that your IQ has been tested is a smokescreen. I'm even wondering if this is the real Einstein now. Are you even a real President like we've all been lead to believe? We trusted you to lead us! Everything is a lie and the truth is out there.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Not convincing whatsoever. I'm not pulling my negativity out of the blue. 

Diggs by all accounts is emotional and I think its safe to say reacts childlike. 

We have a narrative in Minn. that played out. Sure it's possible things in Buffalo can be different. 

The history of Diggs coupled with his selfishness and maturity level make it more probable trouble will continue to brew. 

That's the way I see it. Feel free to disagree. 

And I fully do disagree. So hey you see it one way and I see it another. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Josh mentioned the cliche (but it's 100% accurate) that winning cures all--If the Bills storm out of the gate to a string of W's, that should wash out the taste of the Bungals game, at least to keep this train on the tracks. Diggs has at least shown by his reappearance today, that even if he's not happy, he'll only take that so far before doing what he should've been doing all along instead. But I do agree that if we flame out in the playoffs this year, no telling where he'll go after that. 

I think it's more rhan winning. That's why I think problems will continue to brew. 

Diggs wants the ball and I kind of think winning might be somewhat secondary. He wants to be targeted and the focal point of the offense. I tend to think he won't be happy even if the Bills are winning. 

In Minn they were winning but he was upset that Theilen and others were being targeted. 

If I'm wrong please correct me. 

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I wonder if he was playing a mental game with Diggs?  He knows Diggs will hear it and this was McD flexing his muscle.  

Correct. And i’m honestly impressed with that astute observation on your part.

McDermott didn’t “slip up”. He purposefully said what he said. 

It was a shot across the bow. It was planned, and the PR plan was in place before the words ever left his mouth.

Just happy it didn’t escalate and tank the start of it not the entire season.  

You have to be really kidding yourself tho if we think this is the last we hear let alone worry about a Diggs meltdown or blow up. 

That said good on the leadership here to diffuse this.  September can’t get here fast enough.  

God help us all.   

What’s the bigger story:

A.  Star WR is disgruntled after difficult end to the season.  Questions about offense’s focus going into 2024

or

B.  HC hangs WR out to dry inadvertently by not giving what would be an easy, acceptable answer and creates an ESPN lead?

I’ll bet the players side with Diggs on this one…

52 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Come on. Sals a die hard homer. The guy is a OBD blow hard and he talks down to fans who are critical… they trust him because he is never critical of what they do.  Is it that hard to figure out? 😅

No it’s not hard to figure out.  You just ignored the point, but onward.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Sometimes it’s best to laugh at the lemmings.

Here is what I posted 16 hours ago. I told them all the script of how this would go down.

It is unfolding nearly exactly as I said it would.

Why? Because we run PR campaigns at my company. I know how they work. This was extremely predictable.

BCB771-A9-A46-E-4-A34-933-E-315-AB938-E1

Home run! You called it spot on. 

I am not afraid to give you props. Others disdain for you will prevent them from being honest. 

It would severely hurt them to acknowledge you were right. 

Great call!

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Home run! You called it spit on. 

I am not afraid to give you props. Others disdain for you will prevent them from being honest. 

It would severely hurt them to acknowledge you were right. 

Great call!

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

“A fool says to the wise man, ‘you are an idiot’ though the wise man only wants to show the fool truth”

Says the man constantly putting the rest of the board down... I think you may not be the party you believe you are here. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The first line of the top post on page 16 says it all. He doesnt get the joke.

Impossible.

According to his posts "he has risen to a level most of us can all dream of", he is President of whatever and his IQ has been tested.

For a while his bombast was entertaining, now is is just trite and not worth any more time.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Airseven said:

That’s the takeaway. There’s still some kind of issue. Now they’re just pushing it beneath the surface (for now) and trying to curtail the singular accusations against Diggs.

Yep, trying to bring it back to an in house ordeal

Good news is that diggs and McDermott/organization agree on that being the correct way to handle things 

2 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Says the man constantly putting the rest of the board down... I think you may not be the party you believe you are here. 

You must be confusing me with another. I do no insult anyone. I am the one always being insulted. Worst I call someone is a “homer” - which just means a fan that rejects logic in favor of fandom.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Einstein said:

You must be confusing me with another. I do no insult anyone. I am the one always being insulted. Worst I call someone is a “homer” - which just means a fan that rejects logic DOESN'T BELIEVE THE SAME NARRATIVE AS I DO, in favor of fandom.

FIFY.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

You must be confusing me with another. I do no insult anyone. I am the one always being insulted. Worst I call someone is a “homer” - which just means a fan that rejects logic in favor of fandom.

You literally just posted a quote calling people fools for not listening to you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.