Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

1 hour ago, jletha said:

I cant possibly understand what in the world Diggs could be protesting. He signed a new deal last year, hes on a top 3 offense with a top 3 QB.

Whats the angle here? He wants to be traded...to where? He wants more money...based on what?

Cut bait and sign Hopkins if this gets any uglier.

I think he made it clear t the team during and after the playoff loss last season what he’s upset about. Lack of effort by many players and Dorsey. I honestly don’t know if he’s upset with Allen or not.

Parting ways now would be very, very difficult. If traded his 2023 dead cap would be $13.2M which would gain the Bills $1.7M in space. But his 2024 dead cap would be $31.1M. Outright cutting him would only be marginally worse this season and the same next. LINK

• Agree 1

Offense (correctly) tried to diversify from Diggs second half of last year and he was increasingly irritated by that late in the year. He lead the league on targets first half of last year and that’s the only way he is ever going to be satisfied. Now he’s trying to preempt DHop from signing.

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

I heard through the grape vine that Hailee gave Josh an all tomato. 

she told Hollywood she didn’t want him hanging out at Diggs place anymore 

it was either her or Diggs and his riffraf. 

Diggs feeling are very hurt. He turned to substance. Hence the substance rumors in this thread. 

so, to be clear, you’re asserting he’s on drugs?

edit: unless this is sarcasm that I just didn’t pick up. Nice work with “all tomato” 

Edited by JoPoy88

Just now, CountDorkula said:

I heard through the grape vine that Hailee gave Josh an all tomato. 

she told Hollywood she didn’t want him hanging out at Diggs place anymore 

it was either her or Diggs and his riffraf. 

Diggs feeling are very hurt. He turned to substance. Hence the substance rumors in this thread. 

Tomato,  poonanni, what's the difference 

Diggs said in an M&T Bank commercial after the season (the series where he catches and throws footballs to random people in their kitchens and on their sidewalks) that he would see us fans on the other side, which I took to mean he was taking a break and would be back. 

So I'm not worried. I got word straight from the source. 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Fine the ***** out of him.  We are stuck with him- too much dead cap $ to trade.  Grow the ***** up Diggs

Someone already addressed this.  It's all pre-determined.  Missing today is $25,000 I think.  It goes up each day he continues to not show up.

This is unbelievable.  I held out judgment all offseason giving Diggs the benefit of the doubt.  I knew his history.  I was not happy about the tirade in front of Josh or him storming out of the locker room.  Now this?  Is it because of Josh?....Dorsey?....contract issues?....wants to be traded to Dallas to be with his brother?......who F' ing knows? This is the last thing this team needs right now.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Tasker suggested that if Diggs isn't there it might actually help the team, as other receivers will get more reps.  The fine is 16K for today?  The guy has a 96 million dollar contract.  That would be like me having to pay 50 cents to skip work.

So Diggs is actually trying to help the team giving the new guys more reps. What a great guy

54 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Jesus. Be more dramatic. He skipped a day of stretching and running around in shorts.

"Be more dramatic."....when taken in context of McD's comments, I don't think so....he said he's "very concerned", which by extension should mean we could be very concerned. In the past, McD has made light of players' absences from practices or workouts, but this didn't feel like that when you listen to his comment(s). It is JMO, but that was conveyed in a message to the media / public. 

However, I also think being dismissive or condescending isn't really productive to the conversation either. So....:thumbdown:

• Like (+1) 1

For those who think its Dorsey, you are part right. But the big emotional issue is with Josh.

I'm sure it will get smoothed over eventually, it has to - too much money involved. However, Josh is done with acquiescing to Diggs and his Tantrums, so this will be a bump in their relationship. Diggs has been truly checked for the first time in his tenure here, that will take a minute for him to deal with. Hopefully it ends up being a positive in the long term team dynamic....or it will be the beginning of a temultous relationship between the Bills and Diggs.

Edited by nbbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Sounds like to me he didn’t like what he heard at the team meeting and got in his feelings and dipped. He’s definitely has some sort of beef with Dorsey. 

I have a beef with Dorsey, too.  It's my belief he'll be gone after this season.  But that's a topic for another thread.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, nbbillsfan said:

For those who think its Dorsey, you are part right. But the big emotional issue is with Josh.

Diggs is bi and was hoping to be next woman up after Josh ditched Brittany?  

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, nbbillsfan said:

Are you saying this as in you know inside info? What happened then? They didn’t resolve this the entire offseason? Why would he wait until the day of minicamp?

Just now, BigBuff423 said:

"Be more dramatic."....when taken in context of McD's comments, I don't think so....he said he's "very concerned", which by extension should mean we could be very concerned. In the past, McD has made light of players' absences from practices or workouts, but this didn't feel like that when you listen to his comment(s). It is JMO, but that was conveyed in a message to the media / public. 

However, I also think being dismissive or condescending isn't really productive to the conversation either. So....:thumbdown:

That's how you want to interpret it.

I think any coach would say their #1WR, Captain, and star player missing 1 day of practice is "very concerning". But really, to what extent? There is a TON of room on that spectrum. From mild coach-speak to hysterical panicking. Unfortunately, most fans choose hysterical panicking since they have nothing better to do.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Luckily for you, I suspect he's he'll show up tomorrow.

Hang in there.

Perfect because my tactic for this whole thing is "drink while I think", so hoping he's there tomorrow :beer: 

Just now, Dillenger4 said:

Diggs WAS at camp. Diggs will not be getting fined. Diggs may not be playing this season. Read between the lines....

I KNEW IT! THEY'RE TELLING US ORANGE JUICE IS AN ALIEN CONSPIRACY TO GET US PREGANT WITH CHEST BURSTERS!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

So they went from that post game response on Thanksgiving at Detroit to whatever is going on now?  

It better be pretty serious if it’s an emotional issue with Josh…whatever that is.  

Edited by Big Blitz

None of us are pleased that Diggs is not in attendance.  None of us were pleased at the way last year's season ended.  In truth, it looked like the team wasn't even trying...especially on defense.  So Diggs...who never quits...walks away from that game with bad feelings, a lot of anger.

The fact that Diggs showed up in WNY and met with Beane and McD indicates to me that he was ready to express his feelings about last year and how it ended, and what he believes are the steps necessary to get past it and move forward in a positive direction...and FINISH.

I'll withhold any further judgement.  Anything beyond the facts that have been confirmed is pure speculation...including my post.  

Let's just take a breath and wait and see.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, richNjoisy said:

I don't know what is going on but this really destroys him with the fan base. I just can't see him not being negatively impacted regardless of his reasons. He's obviously mad at somebody or somebodies but this is no excuse to hold out. IMO.

LOL. Destroyed with the fan base? Want to bet they cheer the first reception and the first TD?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Are you saying this as in you know inside info? What happened then? They didn’t resolve this the entire offseason? Why would he wait until the day of minicamp?

They did not. I know they had not spoken at all as of a month ago. This is happening now because it was the first time they had to all be together. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.