Tomorrow (6/13) is the start of mandatory minicamp, right?

eball

6 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Especially now. What could be so important to talk about in June. During the season when the games are going on sure but now it doesn't make sense especially the players. I could see the logic in having McDermott providing an update on how camp is going but that is about it.

pretty simple, media provides storylines etc that fans feed off of regardless of any personal feelings about it. The only bad press is no press. NFL wants to keep itself on the front pages of as many publications it can, and some fans hang on every single word / comment

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Whats the Shout podcast? New? Anyone listened? Good or Bills controlled media product?

It’s Matt Parrino and Ryan Talbots podcast-  they’ve been doing it for awhile now.  

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Whats the Shout podcast? New? Anyone listened? Good or Bills controlled media product?

It's ok. It's decent for info from practices as they are often in attendance. But it's kind of a ***** podcast to listen to (forgive me I don't know the names super well) but the one host is often distracted by comments and such and instead of having a conversation with the other host he often seems lost. He's distracted and it makes the podcast a poor listen at times.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

the two of you could be sharing a sleeping bag, for all I know

Hey @Gugny, those aren’t pillows…

43 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When you say how many days something is away, do you count the day you're on or do you start the following day?

And when you say “go on 3” is it one, two, three, GO or is it one, two and GO on three?

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

So is Diggs there or not?

Yes of course he is there, just as all sane people knew he would.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Especially now. What could be so important to talk about in June. During the season when the games are going on sure but now it doesn't make sense especially the players. I could see the logic in having McDermott providing an update on how camp is going but that is about it.

It is a rare occasion that a GM, Coach or player has anything truly meaningful to say, listening to a bunch of words that don’t actually amount to anything is now what passes for useful information. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Who’s S-Hop?

;)

DeAndre Hopkins and Richie Incognito!?

Nah, he’s at my gym throwing a dumbbell at a guy I don’t like.  He has a great dumbbell shotput.

Now Big Old Teddy Washington along with Mike Jasper are banned from the Hop.  Broke the pancake bank.

😂

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Man, people really need to let this dumb Diggs non-story die already.  This obsession with trying sew discontent into Diggs relationship with Bills and Allen is played out.  

Agreed.  For these players, things start in May and go until January.  For them it’s a whole year.  He was spent and frustrated not targeted.  He hasn’t been primarily to any OTA’s since coming to Buffalo, but the one time he did come was because of the Tops shooting.  I’m not worried at all and the Bills would never move on from him nor could they.  It’s $40 mil cap hit.

Let it die guys.  Face it, analysts and fans are bored as it’s the off season so stirring up trouble.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

His contract makes it nearly impossible, they’ll eat a ton of dead cap. 

This!

I assumed the org had checking in with Diggs before the restructure. They didn't. With the way they ended the season that feels like common sense, but I guess not. 

In a worst case scenario, Diggs could tank this roster if he forces himself out just by his cap number alone.

1 minute ago, Mango said:

This!

I assumed the org had checking in with Diggs before the restructure. They didn't. With the way they ended the season that feels like common sense, but I guess not. 

In a worst case scenario, Diggs could tank this roster if he forces himself out just by his cap number alone.

You can't restructure a contract without both parties being involved.

• Disagree 1

Just now, SWATeam said:

You can't restructure a contract without both parties being involved.

This isn't true, false. Most contracts are drawn up to include restructure. Teams can restructure a majority of players whenever they please. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Madden curse is in full swing now...

I'm not going to overreact, but we better have f-----g answers soon or I am going to do a whole lot of overreacting later.

W T F?!!!?!?!?

Well at least we know who to put on ignore early...  :beer: 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kornfed said:

If I had to explain it, you wouldn't understand.

Ah, assuming things without actually knowing anything must be your gimmick? 

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

This isn't true, false. Most contracts are drawn up to include restructure. Teams can restructure a majority of players whenever they please. 

I thought I’ve also heard this. I remember one of the podcasts saying Diggs restructure may not actually mean everything is fine. 

Things may not actually be fine. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Based on the reports that Diggs is not at mandatory minicamp, this may not age well.

What happen to the reports that he was at Mini-Camp from this morning?  Yes my post was based on the concept he was there, which is what I got alerts on my phone about.  So are those reports wrong or the ones that he isn't there wrong?  I hate information in today's society, nothing is ever accurate

21 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Based on the reports that Diggs is not at mandatory minicamp, this may not age well.

Alright I deleted it...like I said, my original comment was based on the early reports he was there, which must have been false.  If he isn't there for mandatory camp, then its a valid concern and story.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Ah, assuming things without actually knowing anything must be your gimmick? 

I thought I’ve also heard this. I remember one of the podcasts saying Diggs restructure may not actually mean everything is fine. 

Things may not actually be fine. 

So, i think converting salary into a bonus is at team's discretion, they can do it any time they like. The only net effect is getting paid early and making it guaranteed money..all good for the player.

Reducing salary, increasing term etc..a  real restructure, still needs to be agreed upon by both parties.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

So, i think converting salary into a bonus is at team's discretion, they can do it any time they like. The only net effect is getting paid early and making it guaranteed money..all good for the player.

Reducing salary, increasing term etc..a  real restructure, still needs to be agreed upon by both parties.

Technically couldn’t 2 teams come to an agreement? Bills could get a 3rd but the other team takes on the dead cap?

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Technically couldn’t 2 teams come to an agreement? Bills could get a 3rd but the other team takes on the dead cap?

My understaning, and it could be wrong is Bills paid that money, it goes on their cap no matter what.

Now, I think Bills could retain some of his salary, but that does not give cap relief for sunk costs in bonuses

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.