Bills taking deposits for new stadium waiting list, could mean high seat pricing

vanhalen26

10 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

This stadium / pricing isn’t designed to be sold entirely to existing season ticket holders. I’m sure they’re confident about selling out, just to a different demographic. 

This is it exactly. Think the bills are expecting Plenty of folks who have been 30 -50 year STM will not be in similar seats(lower bowl between the 30s) at the new place, but will move based on PSL price and ticket price. These are the folks who want to be at every game, so resale value does not mean a lot to them. They will move seats, new money,STH will come in.

seat pricing will be out of sight.  count on it.  comes with the territory.   

all will regret not just renovating the Ralph; the lower bowl in the new stadium will look like a Sabres/Leafs game , nothing but visiting team jerseys.   an expanded version of what the club seats looked like during the drought 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

They are taking this opportunity to price out the riff raff. Our game day culture will completely change. 

There's both good and bad that comes with that...it will be nice to weed out some of the table jumping jackasses but there's going to be alot of true fans who get priced out which is def going to kill the gameday atmosphere.  

• Agree 3

On 6/5/2023 at 8:10 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

@Kirby Jackson Used to say you can't raise prices that much in an old stadium, but you can reinvent your price structure in a new one. Which is probably as much a reason the NFL wanted the Bills to build something. 

That said I'd be surprised if the tickets are all priced sky high. Premium seating for sure, but on average I'm expecting a 25-30% bump. And before you say that Buffalo can't afford it, look at resale prices for games early in the year. Some games start at $200. That tells you the market can bear some increase, at least while the Bills are good.

PSL's will be interesting. I'll bet they start at just under a grand. I've been anticipating this for the last decade and have planned accordingly. I look forward to my day at the Sales Center when I find out what I can afford.

That’s what we are seeing PTR. That’s a HUGE reason that a remodel was never an option. You can’t take someone that sits at the 45, 15 rows up, pays $150 a ticket (or whatever it is), and “right size” the pricing. That real estate may be worth $400 - $500 a ticket with the right ammenities. You CAN start in a new building with that “option” and then let supply and demand fill them.

My tickets now are roughly $250 each and I’m at the goal line (ish) in the 200’s. Imagine what they would charge me, with those same ammenities, in the above location? I am not the person to do that but there are some people that would absolutely pay more for that location. It’s a matter of marrying ammenities and location. The Bills know what they are doing.

My hope is to have similar (or more) ammenities and keep my price in the neighborhood of where I’m at now. If it ends up $350 per so be it. If it ends up doubling, it’ll be annoying but I’d still be in. The Bills know the market and where they can get to. The PSL discussion will be the interesting one.

55 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s what we are seeing PTR. That’s a HUGE reason that a remodel was never an option. You can’t take someone that sits at the 45, 15 rows up, pays $150 a ticket (or whatever it is), and “right size” the pricing. That real estate may be worth $400 - $500 a ticket with the right ammenities. You CAN start in a new building with that “option” and then let supply and demand fill them.

My tickets now are roughly $250 each and I’m at the goal line (ish) in the 200’s. Imagine what they would charge me, with those same ammenities, in the above location? I am not the person to do that but there are some people that would absolutely pay more for that location. It’s a matter of marrying ammenities and location. The Bills know what they are doing.

My hope is to have similar (or more) ammenities and keep my price in the neighborhood of where I’m at now. If it ends up $350 per so be it. If it ends up doubling, it’ll be annoying but I’d still be in. The Bills know the market and where they can get to. The PSL discussion will be the interesting one.

I'm hoping to find "budget+" seating. Basic with some amenities, like being under the canopy.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

seat pricing will be out of sight.  count on it.  comes with the territory.   

all will regret not just renovating the Ralph; the lower bowl in the new stadium will look like a Sabres/Leafs game , nothing but visiting team jerseys.   an expanded version of what the club seats looked like during the drought 

If you’re going to pay Ed Oliver $450,000 per season in bonus money then I’m guessing it’s inevitable. 😳

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

Not wrong about that. But it is what it is. The nfl is pricing real fans out if the sport. 

Yup. At Giants Stadium both the Jets/Giants had waiting lists for season ticket holders. Every game sold out. At MetLife both teams advertise to buy season tickets and individual game tickets. If PSL's didn't work in a big market like the NYC area, then you know how it is going to do in a smaller market like Buffalo.

9 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Yup. At Giants Stadium both the Jets/Giants had waiting lists for season ticket holders. Every game sold out. At MetLife both teams advertise to buy season tickets and individual game tickets. If PSL's didn't work in a big market like the NYC area, then you know how it is going to do in a smaller market like Buffalo.

They will get their money either way. If they don’t fill it with season tix holders they’ll find a way to charge more for single game tix. Or they will just partner with some brokers to buy up all the remaining tix 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/5/2023 at 4:18 PM, BullBuchanan said:

I'm sure they won't have any problem selling out. It's not that many tickets, and now that they're good, it'll draw in plenty of more casual fans with disposable cash.

In almost every case, I'd rather watch sports on TV rather than see them in person, especially football. You lose so much perspective by not being able to see the action as clearly as you can on TV and I feel like announcers and TV production in general can add a ton to the overall experience. It's cool to sit high at the 50 yard line to see all the strategy play out but you miss the details of the plays. The opposite is true for sideline and endzone seats, except in that case you end up watching msot of the game on a Jumbotron instead.

I couldn't disagree more regarding the viewing at live events. At the stadium I can see the whole field and watch the play develop, especially with the WRs. 

My only complaint is the rudeness everyone will inevitably experience in a large crowd setting where there'll always be a percentage of people who have no regard for anyone but themselves. Talking about the ones who have seats in front of your 5 ft tall wife and are unable to sit throughout the entire game. The ones who can't have a nice day out without getting sloppy drunk, spilling their beer on you and shouting swear words within earshot of your minor children.

But the actual live, 3D, high def viewing experience, for me, is superior to any TV.  I don't really care what the TV commentators have to say. 

Edited by SoMAn
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/5/2023 at 4:04 PM, vanhalen26 said:

I guess the plus side is the bills stay in Buffalo and I can still go to a game or two a year.

I love the Bills but I can’t imagine ever having season tickets. I live in Jamestown which isn’t too far but I enjoy watching with different friends too much. It’s so expensive and too much of a commitment for me. 1-2 games is perfect for me. 

On 6/5/2023 at 3:18 PM, BullBuchanan said:

I'm sure they won't have any problem selling out. It's not that many tickets, and now that they're good, it'll draw in plenty of more casual fans with disposable cash.

In almost every case, I'd rather watch sports on TV rather than see them in person, especially football. You lose so much perspective by not being able to see the action as clearly as you can on TV and I feel like announcers and TV production in general can add a ton to the overall experience. It's cool to sit high at the 50 yard line to see all the strategy play out but you miss the details of the plays. The opposite is true for sideline and endzone seats, except in that case you end up watching msot of the game on a Jumbotron instead.

7 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

I couldn't disagree more regarding the viewing at live events. At the stadium I can see the whole field and watch the play develop, especially with the WRs.

I think you mean to say you couldn't agree more, since I covered that usecase. You get to watch the plays develop, but you don't get to see any of the nuances of the individual plays.

Edited by BullBuchanan

I don’t where to put this I don’t have a link and there is no area for the new Jacksonville Jaguars renovations. Did anyone just see the Jacksonville Jaguars new stadium renovations today? Wow they knocked it out of the ballpark. Jacksonville not Los Angeles or Dallas, Jacksonville? What is Buffalo doing with the new Highmark Stadium 2? I don’t get it and it’s not just the location or a dome. But why does the whole Highmark stadium 2 look lacking? Like PSE just added three Buffalo’s outside and some neon lights and away we go? Again I don’t think it’s too late to change the lacking inside the actual stadium? My room at my house where I watch the Buffalo Bills looks like a shrine to Buffalo sports why leave my house? I guess that I see as a huge potential problem it’s more of Highmark Stadium 1 in Highmark Stadium 2. Technology isn’t enough, the scoreboard is lacking, the party area inside the stadium is lacking. How are the Buffalo Bills going to sell higher seat prices without many changes from Highmark Stadium 1 in Highmark Stadium 2? I don’t understand why Bills Mafia doesn’t care and just pretends our new Highmark 2 is great in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by I am leaving for good
  • Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

I don’t where to put this I don’t have a link and there is no area for the new Jacksonville Jaguars renovations. Did anyone just see the Jacksonville Jaguars new stadium renovations today? Wow they knocked it out of the ballpark. Jacksonville not Los Angeles or Dallas, Jacksonville? What is Buffalo doing with the new Highmark Stadium 2? I don’t get it and it’s not just the location or a dome. But why does the whole Highmark stadium 2 look lacking? Like PSE just added three Buffalo’s outside and some neon lights and away we go? Again I don’t think it’s too late to change the lacking inside the actual stadium? My room at my house where I watch the Buffalo Bills looks like a shrine to Buffalo sports why leave my house? I guess that I see as a huge potential problem it’s more of Highmark Stadium 1 in Highmark Stadium 2. Technology isn’t enough, the scoreboard is lacking, the party area inside the stadium is lacking. How are the Buffalo Bills going to sell higher seat prices without many changes from Highmark Stadium 1 in Highmark Stadium 2? I don’t understand why Bills Mafia doesn’t care and just pretends our new Highmark 2 is great in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I’ll say! Just watched the video. I have no idea what the Bills organization is doing, but they’re being SERIOUSLY outclassed in their presentation of the New Bills Stadium. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ll say! Just watched the video. I have no idea what the Bills organization is doing, but they’re being SERIOUSLY outclassed in their presentation of the New Bills Stadium. 

It comes down to the owner. The Jaguars owner is splitting the cost 50-50 with the state to pay for it.  

• Eyeroll 1

41 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

It comes down to the owner. The Jaguars owner is splitting the cost 50-50 with the state to pay for it.  

Isn’t Pegula doing the same? And by the way…Producing a presentation like the Jacksonville video I saw isn’t all that expensive. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

I’m hearing PSLs will be around $17,000 for lower bowl, premium seat. Where our 4 seats would be, $68,000. This on top of a 200% increase in ticket price.  Welfare ticket prices are done. Our game day culture will completely change. On average a family of 4 will be spending about $2200/ game.  They will price out the majority of the middle class. It’s like half of a monthly mortgage payment for one game…

Okay. I want to know where you heard this. Name your source.

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

What you're quoting is the range of PSL prices that were used in the season ticket survey last summer. $500 was also cited as the low end. 

Ron Raccuia also said in another news story that the Bills know what the market can handle price-wise. I know what I could handle. And I'm looking forward to the dog and pony show Legends will put on for us. I'm curious what's the best seat I'll be able to afford.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

On 6/5/2023 at 10:50 PM, Richard Noggin said:

I have decent season tickets, but I do NOT anticipate extending them beyond 2025. Anything's possible, but there is only so much I can pay. 

Same here.  I feel I'm at the high end of what I'm willing to pay already with club seats.  I'll listen to their offers, but I'm already anticipating not renewing, just buy the games I want on the secondary market.  I've started looking at local teams here in Syracuse for what they charge for seasons.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What you're quoting is the range of PSL prices that were used in the season ticket survey last summer. $500 was also cited as the low end. 

Ron Raccuia also said in another news story that the Bills know what the market can handle price-wise. I know what I could handle. And I'm looking forward to the dog and pony show Legends will put on for us. I'm curious what's the best seat I'll be able to afford.

"Dog and Pony" is a better name for Jerry Jones' company.

I wish Pegulas never hooked up with him.

17 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I agree.  The lack of a detailed presentation at this point in the game, gives me doubt that the end result will be disappointing.  

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I agree.  The lack of a detailed presentation at this point in the game, gives me doubt that the end result will be disappointing.  

As I’ve said many times on here, making a video fly around of the stadium really isn’t difficult or all that time consuming for the Architects. My guess is that they have it in their Contract as an additional service line item and the Client hasn’t authorized it. I wouldn’t read anything into it as regards the quality of the stadium. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

As I’ve said many times on here, making a video fly around of the stadium really isn’t difficult or all that time consuming for the Architects. My guess is that they have it in their Contract as an additional service line item and the Client hasn’t authorized it. I wouldn’t read anything into it as regards the quality of the stadium. 

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

20 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I think you mean to say you couldn't agree more, since I covered that usecase. You get to watch the plays develop, but you don't get to see any of the nuances of the individual plays.

I meant I disagree with your assessment that you miss details. For me, details are missed when I can’t see the entire field  (as I can in-person) and the TV field of vision often doesn’t allow us to see pass patterns develop or where the receivers are.

Only on replays with different angle do we get that perspective. 
I want to see every player on the field to see where the play is going. TV focuses only on the ball when it’s live. 

6 minutes ago, FieldGeneral said:

Are these deposits refundable if the PSLs are ridiculous?

If the Bills do the same as the Jets and Giants did then they will be non-refundable. Expect the Bills to ask for the money in 2025 a year before the stadium opens. That is what happened with the move from Giants Stadium to MetLife Stadium.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.