Bills taking deposits for new stadium waiting list, could mean high seat pricing

vanhalen26

The bills sent out two emails this morning about the new stadium and season seats.

The first was to tell current season seat holders they are at the front of the line for the new stadium.

The second was to app subscribers etc inviting them to make a $150 deposit to hold  a place in line for seasons to the new stadium.

Given the seating capacity reduction in store for the new stadium, makes me a bit nervous to see that they anticipate they will have season seats available to new subscribers / members.  Makes me thing they expect a lot of attrition and turn over with the PSL pricing and new seat pricing.  

I do expect to be priced out of my seats but I’ll still get something.  Mine are behind the bills bench in a low row.  I anticipate them rebranding those seats as clubs and pricing accordingly.  When I look at other teams and stadiums, many of the seats between the 35s on the lower bowls are sold as club seats … but in Buffalo they’ve traditionally been regular seats sold at a small premium, but nowhere near club pricing.

• Like (+1) 1

This is exactly what the Jets and Giants did. When MetLife was deemed safe to tour (it still wasn't finished) both teams allowed fans to take tours in the place. Gives fans an idea of where they may want to sit. Expect the Bills to do the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

I have seasons and there is a group of about 8 next to us.  They've told me that they are done when they switch over to the new stadium.  They implied they can't afford it.

11 minutes ago, Gregg said:

This is exactly what the Jets and Giants did. When MetLife was deemed safe to tour (it still wasn't finished) both teams allowed fans to take tours in the place. Gives fans an idea of where they may want to sit. Expect the Bills to do the same thing.

Years ago, I met a Jets fan who had been a long time season ticket holder.  When they moved to Met Life he dropped them.  He said he didn't want to pay that much to see a game.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

I have seasons and there is a group of about 8 next to us.  They've told me that they are done when they switch over to the new stadium.  They implied they can't afford it.

Years ago, I met a Jets fan who had been a long time season ticket holder.  When they moved to Met Life he dropped them.  He said he didn't want to pay that much to see a game.

I guess the plus side is the bills stay in Buffalo and I can still go to a game or two a year.

• Like (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Which is why the Bills new stadium will have a capacity of around 60K. They know many fans will be priced out with raised ticket prices and PSL fees.

I'm sure they won't have any problem selling out. It's not that many tickets, and now that they're good, it'll draw in plenty of more casual fans with disposable cash.

In almost every case, I'd rather watch sports on TV rather than see them in person, especially football. You lose so much perspective by not being able to see the action as clearly as you can on TV and I feel like announcers and TV production in general can add a ton to the overall experience. It's cool to sit high at the 50 yard line to see all the strategy play out but you miss the details of the plays. The opposite is true for sideline and endzone seats, except in that case you end up watching msot of the game on a Jumbotron instead.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Which is why the Bills new stadium will have a capacity of around 60K. They know many fans will be priced out with raised ticket prices and PSL fees.

True plus stadiums aren't as big as before to accommodate all the various amenities that fans want in a stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DCbillsfan said:

True plus stadiums aren't as big as before to accommodate all the various amenities that fans want in a stadium.

I’m curious as to what amenities you think the new stadiums don’t have that fans want…..

33 minutes ago, Gregg said:

think many of the folks who have senioity and are between the 35-35 gunna have some sticker shock, of that there is no doubt.

I think i remember Ron Raccuia(sp) say on GR they will have  a sales center with VR that will let you experience seat siight lines, concessions etc for every seat in the house just like you there. That i think will be up and running as soon as March of next year IIRC

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I’m curious as to what amenities you think the new stadiums don’t have that fans want…..

Think he was saying with wider concourses, views of the filed from the concourse etc, stadiums have less seats/sq ft than with the older staduims

12 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Think he was saying with wider concourses, views of the filed from the concourse etc, stadiums have less seats/sq ft than with the older staduims

Wouldn't fewer seats per square foot be an amenity?  I don’t see how an overall larger facility is an amenity when you are getting wider concourses, better warming locations, standing room areas to eat, drink and socialize, more space around your seat, and many other new amenities that were never present at the Ralph.   

51 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

think many of the folks who have senioity and are between the 35-35 gunna have some sticker shock, of that there is no doubt.

I think i remember Ron Raccuia(sp) say on GR they will have  a sales center with VR that will let you experience seat siight lines, concessions etc for every seat in the house just like you there. That i think will be up and running as soon as March of next year IIRC

The ticket center with VR capabilities will be in the Tony Walker Plaza on Main St in the Village of Williamsville.  I believe it has been reported that it will be open at some point this summer. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Wouldn't fewer seats per square foot be an amenity?  I don’t see how an overall larger facility is an amenity when you are getting wider concourses, better warming locations, standing room areas to eat, drink and socialize, more space around your seat, and many other new amenities that were never present at the Ralph.   

Fewer seats per square foot are becoming a requirement.  The average fan is "bigger" now than they were when the older stadiums were designed.  Not trying to be snarky.  It's morphological reality.  Add in heavy winter clothing and it's like being sandwiched between the Michelin Man family.

• Haha (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

Fewer seats per square foot are becoming a requirement.  The average fan is "bigger" now than they were when the older stadiums were designed.  Not trying to be snarky.  It's morphological reality.  Add in heavy winter clothing and it's like being sandwiched between the Michelin Man family.

I have not been to a winter cold game in quite a few years and it was Michelin Man surroundings back then!!!!

3 hours ago, vanhalen26 said:

The bills sent out two emails this morning about the new stadium and season seats.

The first was to tell current season seat holders they are at the front of the line for the new stadium.

The second was to app subscribers etc inviting them to make a $150 deposit to hold  a place in line for seasons to the new stadium.

Given the seating capacity reduction in store for the new stadium, makes me a bit nervous to see that they anticipate they will have season seats available to new subscribers / members.  Makes me thing they expect a lot of attrition and turn over with the PSL pricing and new seat pricing.  

I do expect to be priced out of my seats but I’ll still get something.  Mine are behind the bills bench in a low row.  I anticipate them rebranding those seats as clubs and pricing accordingly.  When I look at other teams and stadiums, many of the seats between the 35s on the lower bowls are sold as club seats … but in Buffalo they’ve traditionally been regular seats sold at a small premium, but nowhere near club pricing.

$150 doesn't seem like an indicator of the pricing and more "stop everyone from signing up regardless if they actually intend to buy tickets" and to keep the scalpers out. The tickets may end up being very costly, but I doubt this means anything about it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.