Bills taking deposits for new stadium waiting list, could mean high seat pricing

vanhalen26

On 6/5/2023 at 4:18 PM, BullBuchanan said:

I'm sure they won't have any problem selling out. It's not that many tickets, and now that they're good, it'll draw in plenty of more casual fans with disposable cash.

In almost every case, I'd rather watch sports on TV rather than see them in person, especially football. You lose so much perspective by not being able to see the action as clearly as you can on TV and I feel like announcers and TV production in general can add a ton to the overall experience. It's cool to sit high at the 50 yard line to see all the strategy play out but you miss the details of the plays. The opposite is true for sideline and endzone seats, except in that case you end up watching msot of the game on a Jumbotron instead.

As long as Allen is the QB they may be fine.  It'll get interesting to see what happens after he retires.  

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If the Bills do the same as the Jets and Giants did then they will be non-refundable. Expect the Bills to ask for the money in 2025 a year before the stadium opens. That is what happened with the move from Giants Stadium to MetLife Stadium.

I received an email as a STH stating they will be reaching out this summer. I fully expect they will want some kind of pmnt at that time. The email did however say that because I was already a STH I didn’t need to do anything. Idk

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

I received an email as a STH stating they will be reaching out this summer. I fully expect they will want some kind of pmnt at that time. The email did however say that because I was already a STH I didn’t need to do anything. Idk

When MetLife was deemed safe tour both the Jets and Giants invited their season ticket holders to take a tour. Gives fans an idea of what the stadium looks like and where they want to sit. More importantly where they can afford to sit. A lot of fans who had tickets in the lower bowl at Giants Stadium took seats in the upper deck at MetLife for financial reasons. The Bills have to plan for all of this. I could see the Bills offering tours to their season ticket holders when the stadium is safe to walk around in. 

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

When MetLife was deemed safe tour both the Jets and Giants invited their season ticket holders to take a tour. Gives fans an idea of what the stadium looks like and where they want to sit. More importantly where they can afford to sit. A lot of fans who had tickets in the lower bowl at Giants Stadium took seats in the upper deck at MetLife for financial reasons. The Bills have to plan for all of this. I could see the Bills offering tours to their season ticket holders when the stadium is safe to walk around in. 

It’s not going to happen. They already stated it’s going to be at least a year before it even resembles what might be a stadium. This first year is going to be almost all ground work. I don’t foresee any real structures going up until at least next summer. And they won’t have enough time to do what you are saying. They will be doing everything virtual at a 3rd party site located 25 min away from the stadium in Williamsville, in the Tony Walker plaza. 

I really wish what you had as a GiantsJets ticket holder came true here but it’s just not happening. Season ticket holders will be picking their seats before there is even walls up for the new stadium. 

• Agree 1

On 6/6/2023 at 8:32 AM, ddaryl said:

For the premium seats, yes you can expect that.

Most will fall between $1500 and $5000...... which is my guess.

This was from the survey done by Legends that was sent out on behalf of the team about a year ago.   It said that not all options may be available and again, it was a survey, but one would think that's about what we're looking at.  

I'm going to reorganize it by sidelines, EZs, etc. at some point.  This is the way it was presented.  

----------------------

The click-through poll laid out 48 price points for seats that range from the upper-level end zone (cheapest at $750 a ticket with a $600 PSL) to a field-level club seat between the 40-yard lines ($6,050 a ticket with a survey-high $24,750 PSL) to a 16-seat sideline suite ($347,700 for the box, averaging $21,250 a seat with no PSL).

Reserved seating options

Coverage: Minimal, roof canopy-adjacent

Heating: None

Annual price per seat: $990

One-time PSL: $2,100

Coverage: None

Annual price per seat: $1,730

One-time PSL: $3,950

Coverage: Significant

Annual price per seat: $900

One-time PSL: $1,150

Annual price per seat: $1,900

One-time PSL: $4,850

Annual price per seat: $1,580

One-time PSL: $3,200

One-time PSL: $2,600

Annual price per seat: $750

One-time PSL: $750

Annual price per seat: $1,580

Heating: Above seats

Annual price per seat: $2,080

One-time PSL: $5,950

Annual price per seat: $820

Annual price per seat: $1,090

One-time PSL: $2,600

One-time PSL: $1,400

Annual price per seat: $1,090

One-time PSL: $1,750

Annual price per seat: $1,440

Annual price per seat: $1,440

Annual price per seat: $2,280

One-time PSL: $9,000

Annual price per seat: $2,280

Coverage: Moderate, canopy overhead

Annual price per seat: $750

One-time PSL: $600

Annual price per seat: $2,080

One-time PSL: $5,950

Annual price per seat: $1,190

Annual price per seat: $1,310

Annual price per seat: $1,190

One-time PSL: $1,750

Individual premium seating options

Location: Mezzanine-level club seat between 40- and 25-yard lines

Food and beverage: A la carte

Annual price per seat: $2,800

One-time PSL: $11,200

Annual price per seat: $4,000

One-time PSL: $20,000

Annual price per seat: $4,350

One-time PSL: $13,600

Annual price per seat: $5,050

Annual price per seat: $5,350

One-time PSL: $9,200

Location: Mezzanine-level club seat between 40- and 25-yard lines

Annual price per seat: $2,800

Location: Mezzanine-level club seat between 10-yard line and end zone

Annual price per seat: $2,400

One-time PSL: $5,150

Annual price per seat: $6,050

One-time PSL: $24,250

Location: Lower-level club suite between 40- and 25-yard lines

Annual price per seat: $4,500

Location: Mezzanine-level club suite between 25- and 10-yard lines

Annual price per seat: $3,000

One-time PSL: $6,250

Annual price per seat: $4,350

Annual price per seat: $4,500

One-time PSL: $20,000

Suite seating options

Number of seats: 16

Food and beverage: All-inclusive

Annual price: $198,150

One-time PSL: Not required

Number of seats: Four

Annual price: $75,150

Annual price: $54,000

Annual price: $60,250

Number of seats: Eight

Coverage: Enclosed

Heating: Climate-controlled

Annual price: $103,450

Annual price: $347,700

Annual price: $214,150

Annual price: $63,250

Annual price: $63,250

Annual price: $267,700

Number of seats: Eight

Annual price: $77,100

Annual price: $60,250

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

It’s not going to happen. They already stated it’s going to be at least a year before it even resembles what might be a stadium. This first year is going to be almost all ground work. I don’t foresee any real structures going up until at least next summer. And they won’t have enough time to do what you are saying. They will be doing everything virtual at a 3rd party site located 25 min away from the stadium in Williamsville, in the Tony Walker plaza. 

I really wish what you had as a GiantsJets ticket holder came true here but it’s just not happening. Season ticket holders will be picking their seats before there is even walls up for the new stadium. 

Really that is surprising. It took them 3 years to build MetLife. They still had time for tours. You can have a virtual tour which is helpful but it's not even close to being there live. Bills fans deserve to be able to take a real tour in the stadium to get a feel for the place since the Bills will be asking for a lot of money from them.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Really that is surprising. It took them 3 years to build MetLife. They still had time for tours. You can have a virtual tour which is helpful but it's not even close to being there live. Bills fans deserve to be able to take a real tour in the stadium to get a feel for the place since the Bills will be asking for a lot of money from them.

Believe me. I agree with you 100%. I’m actually pretty angry about it. But everything I’ve been told from multiple sources is that you will have to pick your seats virtually and that process starts this summer. By the time they even have the ability to have tours it’ll be too late imo. You’ll have already picked your seats at that point. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, mrags said:

You don't have to put a deposit down. And your ST seniority will determine when you get the call. I'll bet they will offer a payment plan for PSLs.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You don't have to put a deposit down. And your ST seniority will determine when you get the call. I'll bet they will offer a payment plan for PSLs.

That’s a given. I expected all of that 100% 

High ticket prices means empty seats. More and more people are having trouble making ends meet. I've watched living standards decline since the 80's and the economy no shown no sign of turning around during that time regardless of who is in the WH. It's hard to justify buying football tickets if it means you can't afford to take your child to the doctor.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, mrags said:

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.  I have no interest in getting season tickets in the new stadium but was hoping to play the "game" with the ticket reps up to the point I could get a tour of the new stadium but there's no way I'm giving them any $$$ in advance 

8 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.  I have no interest in getting season tickets in the new stadium but was hoping to play the "game" with the ticket reps up to the point I could get a tour of the new stadium but there's no way I'm giving them any $$$ in advance 

Yeah I don’t think that’s going to happen at all for you. I could be wrong but everything I’ve read, heard, and been informed by multiple reps is it’s not going to play out that way. The best you’re going to get is a virtual tour. Maybe yours will happen once there’s some significant structures up, but I believe it’ll end up being too late if you plan on getting one before you e already started to make pmnts or at least committed to seats. 

24 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

They'll probably offer tours for a fee once the stadium opens, like the Raiders.

9 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Or maybe for $20 or something or would be reasonable too.  

One would hope...but Allegiant charges $65.99 (or more) for just a tour. Of course, that's Las Vegas with plenty of tourists.

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Yeah I don’t think that’s going to happen at all for you. I could be wrong but everything I’ve read, heard, and been informed by multiple reps is it’s not going to play out that way. The best you’re going to get is a virtual tour. Maybe yours will happen once there’s some significant structures up, but I believe it’ll end up being too late if you plan on getting one before you e already started to make pmnts or at least committed to seats. 

No I think your right, I was hoping that would be the best case scenario initially but I can already tell they aren't going to waste any time getting their hands on people's $$$....Those greedy bastards! 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Supposedly they are limiting season tickets to 50K. If they don't get too greedy on PSL prices they will all sell out 

1 hour ago, chongli said:

One would hope...but Allegiant charges $65.99 (or more) for just a tour. Of course, that's Las Vegas with plenty of tourists.

That's a lot, I just don't care that much.  I think I'd rather see it for the first time when I go to a game.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Supposedly they are limiting season tickets to 50K. If they don't get too greedy on PSL prices they will all sell out 

I don’t believe that for 1 minute. But it doesn’t sound wrong based on numbers. I believe they were limited in the current stadium to 55 or 58k. 

27 minutes ago, mrags said:

I don’t believe that for 1 minute. But it doesn’t sound wrong based on numbers. I believe they were limited in the current stadium to 55 or 58k. 

Maybe I remember it wrong but I thought it was going to be all season tickets and the only general sale tickets will be standing room.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

They could have gotten a way higher premium for the seats if they just built a dome

Yeah.  Even rich people like me who like to interact with the plebs once in a while don't want to sit in the elements.  I'd buy seasons if it was a dome but after suffering through that '07 Giants home game.....forget about it.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe I remember it wrong but I thought it was going to be all season tickets and the only general sale tickets will be standing room.

Yeah I just don’t think that’s gonna be the case. We will see soon enough though. The process should be starting soon. I’ve received multiple emails saying it will be this summer. 

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  Even rich people like me who like to interact with the plebs once in a while don't want to sit in the elements.  I'd buy seasons if it was a dome but after suffering through that '07 Giants home game.....forget about it.

Omg that 07 Giants game was possibly the worst game I’ve ever been too. Nothing like sideways rain at about 39° with 40+ mph winds. 

• Like (+1) 1

From today's BN...

A big part of that will be providing for season ticket holders an early look inside the new $1.54 billion stadium and how and where each of these fans will fit into it.

Since it is impossible to do that in person for a facility that won’t be fully constructed until 2026, much of it will be accomplished through a stadium fan interaction center, the Stadium Experience, currently under construction in an open space at the Walker Center in Williamsville.  It is expected to open by the end of the summer. The Bills had initially said it would open in the spring.  The invitation-only center will be a place where season ticket holders can custom design their experience at the new stadium.

https://buffalonews.com/business/local/want-a-seat-at-the-new-bills-stadium-new-virtual-reality-center-will-give-fans/article_4caac752-0464-11ee-8bea-83457be204f1.html?utm_source=buffalonews.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletter-templates%2Flocal%2Fbills&utm_medium=PostUp&lctg=4131090&tn_email_eh1=ed71e5595fa602584e1e21b223f584b3beb0e25f

Edited by LabattBlue

On 6/8/2023 at 7:51 AM, SoMAn said:

I meant I disagree with your assessment that you miss details. For me, details are missed when I can’t see the entire field  (as I can in-person) and the TV field of vision often doesn’t allow us to see pass patterns develop or where the receivers are.

Only on replays with different angle do we get that perspective. 
I want to see every player on the field to see where the play is going. TV focuses only on the ball when it’s live. 

That's not debatable though. You miss all of the details live - or the micro view. You don't get to see the details of a toe-tap, the intricacies of the trench battles, the placement of the football, whether or not a player was down before a turnover, etc  on the opposite end of the field from where you're sitting.

What you get in exchange is the macro view. You get to see how the safety was ballhawking the whole play before the sudden interception, how a receiver was wide open down the field, how a corner passes off responsibility  of his man to the second level. You get to see more X's and O's and the expense of knowing more about what actually happened on the play. It's why it's not uncommon to hear fans reacting in a stadium in a way completely opposite to people at home. They're relying on limited information and a jumbotron to tell them what happened.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

That's not debatable though. You miss all of the details live - or the micro view. You don't get to see the details of a toe-tap, the intricacies of the trench battles, the placement of the football, whether or not a player was down before a turnover, etc  on the opposite end of the field from where you're sitting.

What you get in exchange is the macro view. You get to see how the safety was ballhawking the whole play before the sudden interception, how a receiver was wide open down the field, how a corner passes off responsibility  of his man to the second level. You get to see more X's and O's and the expense of knowing more about what actually happened on the play. It's why it's not uncommon to hear fans reacting in a stadium in a way completely opposite to people at home. They're relying on limited information and a jumbotron to tell them what happened.

If those details are more important to the viewer, their best value is watching on TV.  
Trying to replicate ‘the live experience’ is the goal of all that virtual crap with Wi games and goggles, etc.  For all those digital efforts, there’s still nothing that compares to the real thing.

Is a music concert shown on the best TV screen with a superior sound system anywhere near the experience of being in an arena or auditorium with a top act? Negative. 
Today, you can have the best of both worlds by being in the stands and having your mobile device in your hand for replays if it’s that important.  I’d rather be taking in all the sights, sounds, and smells of real life.

Given a choice I’ll delay any dependence on a video screen when I’m tethered to an oxygen tank, an afghan blanket on my lap, as I fart Ensure into the cushion of my Lazy-Boy recliner. 

Edited by SoMAn

6 hours ago, SoMAn said:

Given a choice I’ll delay any dependence on a video screen when I’m tethered to an oxygen tank, an afghan blanket on my lap, as I fart Ensure into the cushion of my Lazy-Boy recliner. 

I know for a fact it’s the Metamucil that makes you fart. 

7 hours ago, SoMAn said:

If those details are more important to the viewer, their best value is watching on TV.  
Trying to replicate ‘the live experience’ is the goal of all that virtual crap with Wi games and goggles, etc.  For all those digital efforts, there’s still nothing that compares to the real thing.

Is a music concert shown on the best TV screen with a superior sound system anywhere near the experience of being in an arena or auditorium with a top act? Negative. 
Today, you can have the best of both worlds by being in the stands and having your mobile device in your hand for replays if it’s that important.  I’d rather be taking in all the sights, sounds, and smells of real life.

You come off sounding jaded and a behind the times here. The bold backs it up. A top tier sound system absolutely can reproduce live music experiences. That's why people spend tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars on audio equipment. I love live music, but I can go to a concert or a movie theater in my living room any day of the week

I prefer the best experience possible. So give all that "virtual crap" over watching the game 100 yards away through a set of binoculars any day. I get in a live game once every 5-10 years and that's more than plenty.  I'll save the live sports for a minor league baseball game.

On 6/6/2023 at 8:05 AM, Gregg said:

The next 3 years will be rough. The new stadium being built with games still being played at the current stadium. Less parking spots and traffic on game days will be more difficult. It will be a pain in the ass until the current stadium is taken down.

The front lawn lots can charge 10X during the construction than what they charged before.   Ca-ching!  It's going to be a mess.   

15 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

And a piss trough

They already have piss troughs (aka sinks) in the men's rooms.  

17 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Beer taps at every seat?

You know that's not a bad idea, nor is it out of the realm of pissability.  

Edited by Irv

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.