Bills taking deposits for new stadium waiting list, could mean high seat pricing

vanhalen26

13 minutes ago, Malazan said:

$150 doesn't seem like an indicator of the pricing and more "stop everyone from signing up regardless if they actually intend to buy tickets" and to keep the scalpers out. The tickets may end up being very costly, but I doubt this means anything about it. 

To me it does.  If they were confident about selling out to season seat holders, they wouldn’t need a secondary list.  I do agree that $150 isn’t much, but to me it’s the signal sent by creating a backup list of interested people.  $150 is just enough to prevent people who don’t have a genuine interest from adding their name to the list.

3 hours ago, Jester said:

I wonder if seasons will be opened up to people beyond the 716 area now. 

They did open it up. I live in Maryland and have been trying to get season tickets and was denied because of distance. I was able to get on the waiting list with a deposit when I called this past February.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, vanhalen26 said:

I do expect to be priced out of my seats but I’ll still get something.  Mine are behind the bills bench in a low row.  I anticipate them rebranding those seats as clubs and pricing accordingly.  When I look at other teams and stadiums, many of the seats between the 35s on the lower bowls are sold as club seats … but in Buffalo they’ve traditionally been regular seats sold at a small premium, but nowhere near club pricing.

@Kirby Jackson Used to say you can't raise prices that much in an old stadium, but you can reinvent your price structure in a new one. Which is probably as much a reason the NFL wanted the Bills to build something. 

That said I'd be surprised if the tickets are all priced sky high. Premium seating for sure, but on average I'm expecting a 25-30% bump. And before you say that Buffalo can't afford it, look at resale prices for games early in the year. Some games start at $200. That tells you the market can bear some increase, at least while the Bills are good.

PSL's will be interesting. I'll bet they start at just under a grand. I've been anticipating this for the last decade and have planned accordingly. I look forward to my day at the Sales Center when I find out what I can afford.

3 hours ago, Malazan said:

$150 doesn't seem like an indicator of the pricing and more "stop everyone from signing up regardless if they actually intend to buy tickets" and to keep the scalpers out. The tickets may end up being very costly, but I doubt this means anything about it. 

The $150 per seat for the new stadium,  or the $250 for the current wait list is nothing more than an interest free loan to the Bills from the fans. They have been doing this for years. One of the benefits is that your season ticket seniority starts from when you make the deposit. Not when you actually get to buy tickets. 

3 hours ago, vanhalen26 said:

To me it does.  If they were confident about selling out to season seat holders, they wouldn’t need a secondary list.  I do agree that $150 isn’t much, but to me it’s the signal sent by creating a backup list of interested people.  $150 is just enough to prevent people who don’t have a genuine interest from adding their name to the list.

This stadium / pricing isn’t designed to be sold entirely to existing season ticket holders. I’m sure they’re confident about selling out, just to a different demographic. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Irv said:

I like the idea of smaller capacity.  Less traffic.  

The next 3 years will be rough. The new stadium being built with games still being played at the current stadium. Less parking spots and traffic on game days will be more difficult. It will be a pain in the ass until the current stadium is taken down.

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

@Kirby Jackson Used to say you can't raise prices that much in an old stadium, but you can reinvent your price structure in a new one. Which is probably as much a reason the NFL wanted the Bills to build something. 

That said I'd be surprised if the tickets are all priced sky high. Premium seating for sure, but on average I'm expecting a 25-30% bump. And before you say that Buffalo can't afford it, look at resale prices for games early in the year. Some games start at $200. That tells you the market can bear some increase, at least while the Bills are good.

PSL's will be interesting. I'll bet they start at just under a grand. I've been anticipating this for the last decade and have planned accordingly. I look forward to my day at the Sales Center when I find out what I can afford.

Even a large bump like 30% won't provide more shared revenue for the League--ticket revenue isn't shared, except with the visiting team.

If the annual sales go from 65 million to, say 85 million, that's an increase of 8 million for the visiting teams for 8-9 games.  not significant bump for any team's total revenue.

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I expect to see $10,000 PSLs.  Hope I'm wrong.

For the premium seats, yes you can expect that.

Most will fall between $1500 and $5000...... which is my guess.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

For the premium seats, yes you can expect that.

Most will fall between $1500 and $5000...... which is my guess.

Have the Bills said what the payment options are? The Jets allowed fans to pay in one shot (most fans couldn't do this) either by check or CC. Or they allowed fans to pay over 5, 10, 15 years by CC only. They did charge interest if fans chose to pay over time.

6 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Have the Bills said what the payment options are? The Jets allowed fans to pay in one shot (most fans couldn't do this) either by check or CC. Or they allowed fans to pay over 5, 10, 15 years by CC only. They did charge interest if fans chose to pay over time.

Official no.... but I have some family who gets decent information fed to them and these were the numbers he was hearing.

Sounds about right to me but again not official

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.