Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Seeing as he is wearing a security vest ... I think he faked jumped in lol

No way he just was willing to lose his job for that

The pit does not care.  It has been sated. 🤣

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Getting arrested and taken down to the OP jail sounds worth it. /s

If the Sheriff's Dept were smart/cool they'd have stuck an officer in the pit themselves and posted the picture on Twitter so everyone knows it's been taken care of. It's not like it's inaccessible.  The construction guys are down there every day.

6 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

If the Sheriff's Dept were smart/cool they'd have stuck an officer in the pit themselves and posted the picture on Twitter so everyone knows it's been taken care of. It's not like it's inaccessible.  The construction guys are down there every day.

Be a sweet gig for a Sunday. Get him a chair, propane heater and just hang out in the pit 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I wonder if they will put a webcam up 24-7-365 so fans check in to see the progress of the stadium being built over time. The Islanders did this when UBS was being built. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Did I hear right they expect the stadium to be completed by June 1, 2026? If that happens to be the case I wonder if the Buffalo Bills are the first event or if they are going to schedule some concerts before the Bills preseason? Hopefully the new Bills stadium is everything Bills fans want in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

16 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Did I hear right they expect the stadium to be completed by June 1, 2026? If that happens to be the case I wonder if the Buffalo Bills are the first event or if they are going to schedule some concerts before the Bills preseason? Hopefully the new Bills stadium is everything Bills fans want in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

If I remember an earlier article, they expect to have enough completed by the 2026 season to have games, but it won't be final until before the 2027 season.  

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

If I remember an earlier article, they expect to have enough completed by the 2026 season to have games, but it won't be final until before the 2027 season.  

So you’re saying the full dome won’t be installed until the second season? 😁

• Haha (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So you’re saying the full dome won’t be installed until the second season? 😁

Ha.  They should put signs up in the new stadium’s concourse: “ROOF TO BE FINISHED SOON.  PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER.”

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

So the multi billion dollar organization doesn’t have a webcam up & running, but some tailgaters parking lot across the street does!? And that’s all we got!? Nice. 🙄

Are the Bills obligated to live stream construction? Was it in the contract?

• Haha (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2024 at 4:31 PM, Bob Jones said:

So the multi billion dollar organization doesn’t have a webcam up & running, but some tailgaters parking lot across the street does!? And that’s all we got!? Nice. 🙄

These webcams are generally provided by the Construction Team…in this case Turner, one of the largest companies in the world. They use them to promote their work and progress. Unfortunately on a project as large as an NFL stadium it’s hard to pick an angle whose sight line won’t get blocked by the actual building at some point. When that happens we typically ask them to move it every few months. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

5 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

Any guesses as to when we'll hear more about PSLs?

Been wondering that myself since about 9 months ago when reps were saying expect it in the spring time last year. Here we are a year later and still nothing 

On 2/13/2024 at 6:59 PM, mrags said:

Been wondering that myself since about 9 months ago when reps were saying expect it in the spring time last year. Here we are a year later and still nothing 

The Jets asked fans for a 10% deposit on their PSL fee a year before MetLife opened. If the Bills do the same, then fans will start paying their PSL fee in 2025 before the stadium opens in 2026. 

Latest news on virtual center…opens next month.  First up…club seat STH…and oh by the way…tix going up 10% next season. 

https://buffalonews.com/sports/professional/nfl/bills/buffalo-bills-season-tickets-price-increases-2024-10-percent/article_4420f334-cb7b-11ee-98ef-dbe6c3843ab5.html

As far as a stadium construction webcam goes…simple as mounting it on a mast on top of the Bills store.  Perfect location. Not expensive.  They choose not to. 

Edited by LabattBlue

27 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Latest news on virtual center…opens next month.  First up…club seat STH…and oh by the way…tix going up 10% next season. 

https://buffalonews.com/sports/professional/nfl/bills/buffalo-bills-season-tickets-price-increases-2024-10-percent/article_4420f334-cb7b-11ee-98ef-dbe6c3843ab5.html

makes sense because there’s an extra home game this year versus last.  Granted, that extra one is a preseason matchup, but still… 😂

30 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

As far as a stadium construction webcam goes…simple as mounting it on a mast on top of the Bills store.  Perfect location. Not expensive.  They choose not to. 

Maybe the contractors don’t want live video of 10 of their union workers standing around a bon fire for an hour before work begins while they sip their morning coffee. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

426457895_934641114688907_51440230444394

Honestly, this deserves its own thread rather than to be buried in this 58 page thread. I know it would just get merged back into this thread anyway, so I won't bother, but...

A very cool and informative graphic. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

Honestly, this deserves its own thread rather than to be buried in this 58 page thread. I know it would just get merged back into this thread anyway, so I won't bother, but...

A very cool and informative graphic. 

That’s why I started this thread so it wouldn’t get buried. I tried to help some that might be interested. Unfortunately it’s getting turned into a joke. Pretty much expected from some in this place. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Where do the fry lamps go? If I can't have a roof, I demand a fry lamp!

On 2/13/2024 at 1:43 PM, Captain Caveman said:

Any guesses as to when we'll hear more about PSLs?

On 2/13/2024 at 6:59 PM, mrags said:

I bet they haven't settled on either the PSL or seating prices yet. I'm hoping the numbers are similar to that fan survey a year or two ago.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Where do the fry lamps go? If I can't have a roof, I demand a fry lamp!

I bet they haven't settled on either the PSL or seating prices yet. I'm hoping the numbers are similar to that fan survey a year or two ago.

I think they will be pretty close to those prices from the fan survey. Maybe add 10% for general inflation and then another 10% because they were over budget from their projected numbers. Probably won’t be more than 20% difference. Which is still a ton. But I was pretty much expecting that from the start 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, mrags said:

I think they will be pretty close to those prices from the fan survey. Maybe add 10% for general inflation and then another 10% because they were over budget from their projected numbers.

You mean historically low, manageable, totally not an issue for the average American family inflation!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

23 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

All of this back and forth and nobody has commented on the roof covering shown in this cross section. Shame on you all! 

OK, I see the roof, but now I'm noticing there are NO SIDES - THIS IS A COUNTY FAIR STADIUM!  TERRY IS RALPH!  HOW THEY HELL ARE THEY GOING TO KEEP THE RAIN OUT AND CONFUSE THE WIND WITH NO SIDES ON THIS THING!?!

Am I doing it right? :beer:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

It does appear that the upper deck will be a bit steeper than what we are used to. I’ll have to wait and see it of course, but that concerns me a bit. Being closer to the field obviously sounds nice. 

It’s going to be different, people, and it’s going to take some getting used to. I liked the stadium in Tottenham and I guess this is similar. I sat in the bottom of the upper deck which was great. I meant to walk to the top to see how it felt, but beer and football got in the way. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

It does appear that the upper deck will be a bit steeper than what we are used to. I’ll have to wait and see it of course, but that concerns me a bit. Being closer to the field obviously sounds nice. 

It’s going to be different, people, and it’s going to take some getting used to. I liked the stadium in Tottenham and I guess this is similar. I sat in the bottom of the upper deck which was great. I meant to walk to the top to see how it felt, but beer and football got in the way. 🤷‍♂️

Augie, the upper decks in every arena are generally steeper so as to ensure good sight lines. They get progressively steeper the higher up you go. If not, the stadium cross section becomes very shallow and wide…like the Rose Bowl if you’ve ever been. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Augie, the upper decks in every arena are generally steeper so as to ensure good sight lines. They get progressively steeper the higher up you go. If not, the stadium cross section becomes very shallow and wide…like the Rose Bowl if you’ve ever been. 

I was trying to compare the new vs the old upper decks. It could just be an illusion, idk.  

2 minutes ago, UConn James said:

“Covered by roof canopy.”

Good thing rain and snow always fall at a perfectly perpendicular 90* to the ground.

🙄

I think the biggest thing is the wind won't be a factor in the new stadium. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I was trying to compare the new vs the old upper decks. It could just be an illusion, idk.  

The new ones will be steeper. They’re encircling the stadium with a tighter diameter. 

1 hour ago, UConn James said:

“Covered by roof canopy.”

Good thing rain and snow always fall at a perfectly perpendicular 90* to the ground.

🙄

Not this again. Just like the sun casts a shadow that isn’t straight down so does the roof cast a rain or snow ‘shadow’. So while one side will see rain hit the first few rows that are technically under the cover on one side, the other side will receive the equivalent but opposite benefit. Choose your seats accordingly. 👍

• Thank you (+1) 6