UDFA signings 2023

KingBoots8

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yeah- that’s my boy dareustein-  we had some fun Von Miller Vs Marcel Dareus debates draft debates. 

@DrDawkinstein what’s was your name before dareaustein?  dankenstein?

lol, that wasnt me. there was an actual thread yesterday

yeah, started as dankenstein. i thought had a good archive memory of the stuff that goes down here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, without a drought said:

Bumper Pool, LB Arkansas signs with Panthers. Only a matter of time before this future Bill and Giant makes his way here.

I've seriously lost the ability to tell when someone on this forum is kidding... there's a few guys here with a very dry sense of humor.

Woo is a strange name but I can't imagine someone named "Bumper Pool." 

And yet: https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/bumper-pool/

Bumper Pool.png

Edited by Sierra Foothills

3 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Hahaha I got stuck rearranging my living room and making breakfast so far today. I’ll get it looking good again in a sec

Yeah the UDFA thread is one you gotta' be vigilant about if you start it or the board will get angry with you.   I think @MAJBobby has been doing it in recent years because we had issues with people wanting to start the thread but then vanishing.   It will be 3-4 days before all the UDFA's are sorted out.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah the UDFA thread is one you gotta' be vigilant about if you start it or the board will get angry with you.   I think @MAJBobby has been doing it in recent years because we had issues with people wanting to start the thread but then vanishing.   It will be 3-4 days before all the UDFA's are sorted out.

Lol kids are fed and wife is happy. Should be good to go.

I keep seeing conflicting reports on Woo so I added him as unconfirmed. Henderson added to the signed list

14 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

that seems uncommon. Many teams must have wanted him. Apparently that elite ST post was legit. Bills suddenly going massive with 6’4 & 6’6 WRs

can this guy replace Taiwan Jones and Siran Neal on ST + bring value as a redzone option?

I'm a UCLA guy, but live in San Diego and catch most of the SDSU games.  Love this signing.  Shavers is an elite gunner ,but also flashed as a real playmaker this year in SDSU's anemic passing offense.  The kid's receiving numbers are way deflated due to how bad the quarterback play and offense as a whole was.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah, you think the Bils would announce each signing on Twitter, knowing how ravished their fan base is for info. Right now, it's hit or miss scouring the web for info.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, chongli said:

Yeah, you think the Bils would announce each signing on Twitter, knowing how ravished their fan base is for info. Right now, it's hit or miss scouring the web for info.

It may be that they're waiting to sign a bunch to make a single announcement. I think I remember something like that in the past.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

I can already picture him bouncing off running backs 8 yards down the field.

"Rumblin' Bumblin' Stumblin!!!"

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Lol kids are fed and wife is happy. Should be good to go.

I keep seeing conflicting reports on Woo so I added him as unconfirmed. Henderson added to the signed list

Woo? Maybe he got stuck in the 36 chambers in Shaolin.

4 minutes ago, chongli said:

They usually wait until they have their UDFA group complete, and then make the announcement. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

It may be that they're waiting to sign a bunch to make a single announcement. I think I remember something like that in the past.

It's been a bit like college recruiting too.   Sometimes they have handshake deals with a player and then he backs out and signs elsewhere.   Until you get them on the dotted line they can change course and not even tell you.   So they likely just don't want egg on their face even though they know the times have changed and people demand that info now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I wanted to this year. But with work right now I didn’t have the time to stay on top of it. So I would have done my biggest pet peeve with these type thread during UDFA. Sorry all this year my offseason primers and stuff I normally do even in our Mocks I just didn’t have the free time with work. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Florida LT Richard Gouraige should be given a look at RT next to his buddy O’Cyrus. The two could anchor the right side for a long time. 

https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/florida-gators-buffalo-bills-signing-richard-gouraige-udfa-nfl-draft

In Gouraige, Buffalo receives a versatile and uber-experienced offensive lineman who could reasonably offer depth at several positions if he makes the team this fall. 

Gouraige, 24, made 42 starts during his college career — 25 at left tackle and 17 at left guard — and allowed just five career sacks across 1,678 pass-blocking snaps with no more than two given up in a single season, according to Pro Football Focus.

The near-6-foot-5, 306-pound Gouraige also produced the best single-season run-blocking grade of his career in 2022 at 65.7 out of 100, per PFF. He earned an invitation to the Senior Bowl and NFL Combine as a result of his solid play and longevity in the SEC. 

A product of Tampa (Fla.) Cambridge Christian, Gouraige opted for Florida over offers from Ole Miss, Clemson, North Carolina, FSU and Alabama, among others, in the recruiting class of 2018. 

I suspect he would have been drafted if this wasn’t put out….

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Florida LT Richard Gouraige should be given a look at RT next to his buddy O’Cyrus. The two could anchor the right side for a long time. 

https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/florida-gators-buffalo-bills-signing-richard-gouraige-udfa-nfl-draft

In Gouraige, Buffalo receives a versatile and uber-experienced offensive lineman who could reasonably offer depth at several positions if he makes the team this fall. 

Gouraige, 24, made 42 starts during his college career — 25 at left tackle and 17 at left guard — and allowed just five career sacks across 1,678 pass-blocking snaps with no more than two given up in a single season, according to Pro Football Focus.

The near-6-foot-5, 306-pound Gouraige also produced the best single-season run-blocking grade of his career in 2022 at 65.7 out of 100, per PFF. He earned an invitation to the Senior Bowl and NFL Combine as a result of his solid play and longevity in the SEC. 

A product of Tampa (Fla.) Cambridge Christian, Gouraige opted for Florida over offers from Ole Miss, Clemson, North Carolina, FSU and Alabama, among others, in the recruiting class of 2018. 

Honestly not sure he’ll stick at tackle. He’s another guy that may need to move inside in the pros, but at least would add some versatility given his experience. 

Could develop into a contributor, but I think it’s wishful thinking to imagine him starting for the Bills this year. 

2 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Honestly not sure he’ll stick at tackle. He’s another guy that may need to move inside in the pros, but at least would add some versatility given his experience. 

Could develop into a contributor, but I think it’s wishful thinking to imagine him starting for the Bills this year. 

From what I've seen on Richard Gouraige (not much besides his appearances in the Florida OL/Offense vs Georgia Defense I found while looking for O'Cyrus footage)
I have extracted from my observations that he is NOT A RUN BLOCKER.
In fact, whenever he is spotted in the open field he looks like a "fish-out-of-water".
Although he does make up for this with his pretty mean kick-out and he is a solid pass blocker.

9 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

As a physician, I have no idea what a pain tolerance test is. 

@Saint Dougwould seem to violate the Hippocratic Oath...I mean do you test your patients to see how much pain they can absorb...

By the way, thanks for spending all those years in school to help others.  I know you get paid but its still very noble.  From a dad with daughters who are respectively a CRNA and an RN.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

As a physician, I have no idea what a pain tolerance test is. 

I guess the process is called Dolorimetry..........and Gouraige may have practiced Dolerimetry instead........which is disarming an opponent just by use of numerous kung-fu-like kicks.

S8rcQc.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.