Should we sign Andetson or Jack?

GreggTX

Miles Jack and Robbie Anderson could really help us if the conditions are right.

Robbie Anderson's speed must be respected and Miles Jack is a decent replacement for Edmunds.

I don't know their recent history. Are there off field issues or injury issues with either of them? Can we afford them? They'd certainly fill a couple big holes going into the draft allowing Beane to focus on the OL for a change.

Your thoughts?

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, GreggTX said:

How so? Is he not a good teamate?

He’s been a POS in multiple places at this point. 

id sign Jack to replace Edmunds now though. Then you aren’t handcuffed to finding one in the draft or being screwed. You could still get one, but wouldn’t have to reach for one. 

but I firmly believe we’re going defense heavy again in the draft. So not sure why I’d bother at this point anyway. 

• Like (+1) 2

One situation I'm keeping an eye on is Balt.  Right now they only have 5 picks. They have until May 1st to exercise Patrick Queen's 5th yr. option. NFL rules are that they have to notify a player after yr. 3 by early May. They gave R. Smith 100 mil. deal.

Do they do it or trade him to gain picks.  They may very well move Lamar and get a bunch, but even then Queens 5th yr. won't be cheap. He's coming into his prime after a terrific year and could maybe be had for a mid to/and late rd. 2024 pick(s). I'm sure that contract could be done somehow with him being on his 4th yr.

If Lamar does sign the tag or gets a deal to stay in Balt., then they damn sure can't afford it.

I'm assuming we'll keep Ed, but if the board goes to crap on draft night, this could essentially give us an extra pick for another position.....plus we get a proven vet just entering his prime.

Edited by nosejob

24 minutes ago, mrags said:

He’s been a POS in multiple places at this point. 

id sign Jack to replace Edmunds now though. Then you aren’t handcuffed to finding one in the draft or being screwed. You could still get one, but wouldn’t have to reach for one. 

but I firmly believe we’re going defense heavy again in the draft. So not sure why I’d bother at this point anyway. 

Yeah i expect you're right.  my expectations for this draft are really low.  I'm assuming whomever the best CB at pick 27 is pretty much a lock, then a series of middling DL players in the next few rounds.   Maybe a sex pest special teamer late

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Anderson is probably too expensive.  He'd be a really nice 2a WR w Gabe being a 2b

I think Jack fell off cause of injuries.  He was phenomenal earlier in his career

I think Myles had some significant injuries in college too. His big red flag was longevity if I remember correctly.

18 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Yeah i expect you're right.  my expectations for this draft are really low.  I'm assuming whomever the best CB at pick 27 is pretty much a lock, then a series of middling DL players in the next few rounds.   Maybe a sex pest special teamer late

Haha. Naw, I think they will hold off from any rapists this draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

Miles Jack and Robbie Anderson could really help us if the conditions are right.

Robbie Anderson's speed must be respected and Miles Jack is a decent replacement for Edmunds.

I don't know their recent history. Are there off field issues or injury issues with either of them? Can we afford them? They'd certainly fill a couple big holes going into the draft allowing Beane to focus on the OL for a change.

Your thoughts?

Nah...  I think the WR room is already showing enough new faces and a draft might be enough to put us in great shape.  Don't want another ego in the room with certain expectations.

I'm not sure about Jack really, but if he's cheap, why not add a body to compete (might not make the team).

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Anderson sucks

id sign him for the right price for one year only. hes a malcontent but very talented. his first year in CAR with Teddy B was very impressive, and he looked good on the Jets at times. I wouldnt hold too much against him for the CAR blowup, that staff was a mess last year, lockerroom had already been lost

3 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Yes degenerative osteoarthritis of the knee

dude held it together really well! at draft time they made it sound like a career ender in 5 years....... this was the Marcel Dareus draft. kudos to him

13 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Your thoughts?

Why on either? Please share your thoughts on why these guys are good fits.

1. Anderson: NO.  Too expensive/not a team player/we already signed 2 Fa Wrs/draft is still around the corner...want any more reasons?

2. Jack: go ask Steeler fans their thoughts.  Living in Pittsburgh, he didn't look good at all LY for them.  He's lost his athletic burst and is just a name at this point.  Again, the draft is a better option.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Why on either? Please share your thoughts on why these guys are good fits.

1. Anderson: NO.  Too expensive/not a team player/we already signed 2 Fa Wrs/draft is still around the corner...want any more reasons?

2. Jack: go ask Steeler fans their thoughts.  Living in Pittsburgh, he didn't look good at all LY for them.  He's lost his athletic burst and is just a name at this point.  Again, the draft is a better option.

Yeah I remember something about Jack being pretty much done for because of this.  Lost a huge step already.   Shame really.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.