Nice Break Down on Bills Acquisitions By Fins Fan

newcam2012

9 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Nice summary. Not deep in analysis but better than a lot of "journalists" offer. Good to hear he thinks Sherfield (formerly with Miami) can help and is a good run blocker.

Not getting my hopes up but if one of the two guards is better than what we've been used to and one of the two WRs can contribute I'll be happy. I feel pretty good about Harris and think he will improve the run game.

Edwards must avoid concussions. McGovern must be a pass protecting improvement over Saffold.  Harris & Harty will contribute. Not holding my breathe that any of our olineman can run block.  He too was very skeptical about Brown.  The success of 23 will depend on the current OL and the olineman we draft.  

On 4/1/2023 at 8:25 AM, nucci said:

why are transactions now described as sneaky?

I'm guessing because on paper otherwise they don't look so hot.  

At the end of the day Beane's gonna get judged ultimately on this upcoming Draft, not free-agency.  If it's like his others he simply cannot expect to stick around.  How long can a GM live on a single pick made five years earlier while the rest of them prevent the team from moving forward.  

It'll be pretty simple, if he knocks it out of the park he'll have a majority of fan support, but if not he simply cannot expect to have that support, nor would he deserve it.    

He desperately needs an A+ Draft.  

McD's performance, apart from his glaring postseason poor performance, is going to reflect what Beane does.  

IMO three things need to happen this coming season in order for both of them to continue to have a majority of both fan and media support.  

First, McD needs to win the division. 

Second, be needs to at least take this team to the AFC CG.  

Third, he can't lose embarrassingly to any team in that game as he has.  A loss would be acceptable, but only if the other team is better and we play our best with no coaching negligence as he's committed.  

23 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

At the end of the day Beane's gonna get judged ultimately on this upcoming Draft, not free-agency.  If it's like his others he simply cannot expect to stick around.  How long can a GM live on a single pick made five years earlier while the rest of them prevent the team from moving forward.  

It'll be pretty simple, if he knocks it out of the park he'll have a majority of fan support, but if not he simply cannot expect to have that support, nor would he deserve it.    

McD's performance, apart from his glaring postseason poor performance, is going to reflect what Beane does.  

IMO three things need to happen this coming season in order for both of them to continue to have a majority of both fan and media support.  

Third, he can't lose embarrassingly to any team in that game as he has.  A loss would be acceptable, but only if the other team is better and we play our best with no coaching negligence as he's committed.  

He’ll be judged on all of it. Free agency included.

I think Beane has done a great job this FA period, given our cap.  I didn't have any expectations given that limitation - and we've added a group of very solid players.  Mostly upgrades from what we had at OG, RB and WR.  We also kept Poyer, and only really lost Edmunds.

We'll likely be one of the top 3-4 teams heading into '23.  Can't ask for much more than that.

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

He’ll be judged on all of it. Free agency included.

True, but no way free-agency carries him to those goals.   He (they) have an uphill battle.  I mean McD's coaching shortcomings have little to do with available talent.  

On 4/1/2023 at 5:14 AM, newcam2012 said:

Responding to your OP, this guy hits the nail on the head.  I agree with almost everything he has to say except the Brown run blocking.

It's Spencer's positive, his negative is in pass blocking.  I agree with the FA evaluations, and he also is savvy enough to know what I (and a lot of

others on this board) think the Bills need to draft in the 1st 3 rounds.

His use of the term "fun ball" is correct, and I also believe the more pass/run balance (while keeping passing as #1) comments are spot on.

I'll return the thread to the Boston and pro-anti Florida living better suited to a "Better Homes and Gardens" podcast.

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

True, but no way free-agency carries him to those goals.   He (they) have an uphill battle.  I mean McD's coaching shortcomings have little to do with available talent. 

We'll see.  FA isn't done yet.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/1/2023 at 8:19 AM, machine gun kelly said:

They say Sarasota is the home of the $10 milllionares, but Naples is the home of the $100 millionaires.

Real estate is high and not as much to do down there as Tampa.  I love it here as there are nice master planned golf communities, lots of amenities, three professional sports teams + a bunch of spring training camp stadiums, the beaches, a fantastic airport, the arts of you like that stuff and only an hour from Disney and universal.  Bush Gardens was always good to take my kids growing up.

I’ll agree more people than not are here from somewhere else.  Lots of Bills backers bars here as well.

I think free agency was decent, but I wanted one of the proven WR’s.

We also used to say the old people live in Sarasota, and their parents live in Venice.  😋

Yep, tons of WNY folks down that way. I hope to be one again some day. It’s stupid expensive now, but things seem to be cooling based on some places I follow. Higher rates, make cash king again! I need a buyers market in the next few years. 

I only saw Tampa for soccer fields, football fields and gyms, or the occasional hockey game or concert. I never got to see the nicer places to live. My son hopes to get closer to Sarasota down the road, but it looks like he might have to be close to Tampa to get the type of job he’s after. 

Oh! And I like Busch Gardens more than anything in Orlando. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

A Dolphins fan that admits we played in a volcano in week 3. How thoughtful. I didn't think they existed 

I think this guy is a closet Bills fan, but he's very good at breaking down everything, very objective. It's sometimes hard to believe he's a Dolphins fan

On 4/1/2023 at 11:06 AM, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Live on east side of Orlando, for about 25 years now. Has become so unbelievably crowded. But the small urban areas around Orlando are awesome w all different breweries and so many hiking trails and springs. Definitely agree the east coast is getting stupid crowded. We do go to New Smyrna beach though cuz you can drive out onto and park and not have to carry all your crap! Lol

East side as well. Everywhere in Orlando is an hour from Orlando.

image.thumb.jpeg.71b85d6537f41ec653daa3db8889a8aa.jpeg

Edited by JDubya76
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, PBF81 said:

it was rhetorical

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/1/2023 at 7:08 AM, LyndonvilleBill said:

Punta Gorda is more my style or anyplace East of 75 and South of Pinellas/Hillsborough County is more my style.

On 4/1/2023 at 7:14 AM, HOUSE said:

I pick Port Charlotte or Englewood 

On 4/1/2023 at 7:19 AM, GoBills! said:

I moved to Jupiter way less traffic and better planned town.

On 4/1/2023 at 7:19 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Real estate is high and not as much to do down there as Tampa.  I love it here as there are nice master planned golf communities, lots of amenities, three professional sports teams + a bunch of spring training camp stadiums, the beaches, a fantastic airport, the arts of you like that stuff and only an hour from Disney and universal.  Bush Gardens was always good to take my kids growing up.

On 4/1/2023 at 7:48 AM, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Tampa is awesome, but growing so fast it's becoming another mega-city. But I absolutely love it here.

On 4/1/2023 at 10:06 AM, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Live on east side of Orlando, for about 25 years now.

Any hot b!tches?

I find it interesting he seems view the fins as on par with the bills and he is considering every move either team makes in terms of Bills fins. Bills fans I think respect the fins but still just think they are not on par with the Bills.   The Bills are concerned about Cinci and KC.  This is all a function of where they are and the bills are in Team development. 

I do find his ability to be objective to be refreshing as most fans are so one sided….and vocal

Edited by Matt_In_NH

On 4/1/2023 at 7:57 AM, CoudyBills said:

Is Naples still a place to be down there?  I gotta get out of the northeast...I've become soft over the years.  I hate snow.

Naples has never been the place to be unless you're over 60. Anywhere between Hollywood and West Palm is perfect. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.