Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

You guys see Daniel Bellinger’s dad complaining that Tim Graham said Darren Waller is better? He’s DMing a reporter defending his adult son who is in the pros. A sign of things to come with parents in sports.  

I love Bellinger.  Wish had him. He’s a baller

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Agreed. Williams got 3 for 12 million and scored 17 TDs

He also averaged only 4.1 YPC.  the 17 TDS was an anomaly, looks at his other years

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

I don’t get why Detroit wouldn’t bring him back for that.  Swift is far from reliable 

Cuz they signe Montgomery whom is better

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

He also averaged only 4.1 YPC.  the 17 TDS was an anomaly, looks at his other years

Cuz they signe Montgomery whom is better

The 17 TDs were more how he was used than an outright anomaly. He was excellent in a goal line role. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It might be worth pointing out that "Stallion" Ike Boettger was playing ahead of Bates before he got injured. 

Much of that season, Bates was the only backup center. Feliciano was the other backup, but he was injured, so Bates was kept in reserve in case Morse got hurt. By time Ike got hurt in the game at New England, Feliciano was healthy, but Bates got the nod at guard. O-line play picked up when Bates got his shot.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Very possible Dalvin will be released tomorrow

He is toast. Done.  

1 hour ago, appoo said:

Yea Bates is the upgrade to Saffold

Logic? Guy we have not seen enough to know they are not good is better than guy that used to be good but is not anymore. 

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

This offseason so far has been rough. No sugar coating it. 

It HAS?! What did I miss? Did the Dolphins win the free agency championship? Are the Jets lighting the future on fire to go all-in with an old, salty/narcissistic GB HoF QB...AGAIN? Is the Buffalo defensive roster suddenly terrible minus only really a divisive LB? Roster/depth chart holes only persist at IOL2/3, OT2/3, TE2, RB3, WR2/3, and MLB1. Going into a draft, that ain't half bad.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

It HAS?! What did I miss? Did the Dolphins win the free agency championship? Are the Jets lighting the future on fire to go all-in with an old, salty/narcissistic GB HoF QB...AGAIN? Is the Buffalo defensive roster suddenly terrible minus only really a divisive LB? Roster/depth chart holes only persist at IOL2/3, OT2/3, TE2, RB3, WR2/3, and MLB1. Going into a draft, that ain't half bad.

March 16th and people are in full panic mode 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GolfandBills said:

March 16th and people are in full panic mode 😂

Some of the most knee-jerk, unmoored proclamations of doom, just because their dopamine initially spiked with the exalting news of a Bills transaction they can tear apart with reflexive, immature takes...and then gradually they are empirically reminded that such cynical campaigns don't always reward the crusader, and mayhaps often offer them up for reactive retribution. Cortisol spikes a bit, serotonin is scarce, dopamine got them into this in the first place, so maybe physiologically they feel exposed? Maybe they lash out with hot takes to keep us occupied. Best defense is an obvious, Freudian offense?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• chongli changed the title to Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here
2 hours ago, ngbills said:

He is toast. Done.  

Logic? Guy we have not seen enough to know they are not good is better than guy that used to be good but is not anymore. 

?

Bates started at LG in the playoffs last season and at RG all this season, and in both cases was an easy upgrade to Staffold.  

Bates has always been a left sided player until last year, at PSU he started at LG and finished at LT. Connor McGovern was actually the RG on those PSU teams

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It's only been rough if you were expecting some kind of crazy spending spree happening and big names coming in when we were going into it 18.7 over the cap and had 24 players to re-sign or replace.

Every signing a team makes… “oh my god they just got better than us.. we are done”.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Surprised haven’t seen any chatter about Mike Gesecki. 

I get the feeling he wants a lot and its hard to justify. The entire tight end class except Josh Oliver has moved slow and that could be a side effect of the positional strength of TE in the draft. He probably takes a 1 year deal to play with a top QB for a year. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The only thing about this free agency frenzy that worries me is Rogers going to the Jets. They already had a very good D and now they have the quarterback. I think they are right there with us now and maybe will be the division favorites. Meanwhile Miami is closing in. We need to find a linebacker and upgrade our offensive line. Beane needs to draft very well or the tide will shift.

14 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

They're gonna have to load up when start losing more guys when Burrow re-signs. Question is do they trade Higgins or let him walk?

I think they will let him walk.  They are cheap.  Trade him after this year?

We’re getting pretty close to me not wanting to hear him referred to as BBB ever again. 

We currently have 10M tied up in the following players… Matakevich, Neal, Harty and McKenzie.  Why?  

I’m hoping another move is coming, but so far, it’s another year where we fill in perceived rotational/depth holes around the roster at the detriment of high end players.  

Meanwhile, the Bengals let both their starting Safeties walk and sign Orlando Brown to an OL that they already went heavy on fixing last year. 

Chiefs lose Orlando Brown and Andrew Wylie, but then sign Taylor on a line that already boasts the best IOL in the NFL.  And they just restructured Mahomes, so I’m sure they’re not done. 

• Eyeroll 3

12 minutes ago, Radar said:

The only thing about this free agency frenzy that worries me is Rogers going to the Jets. They already had a very good D and now they have the quarterback. I think they are right there with us now and maybe will be the division favorites. Meanwhile Miami is closing in. We need to find a linebacker and upgrade our offensive line. Beane needs to draft very well or the tide will shift.

Not worried; Rogers is old and well past his prime.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Radar said:

The Jets biggest problem will be meshing the offense together but yes they are probably a better overall roster than Buffalo at this time.

QB makes a huge difference. I think Josh is the better QB but if Rogers commits fully to the Jets offseason program it’ll be close.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.