Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

16 minutes ago, papazoid said:

henry has a cap hit of $16.4

dhop has a cap hit of $30.7

while both those players would look nice in a bills uniform.....we dont have the cap space

Those cap hit numbers are not accurate and are quite a bit lower as the new team only takes on the salary.   

Henry cap hit to new team is $10M in 2023

Hopkins cap hit to new team is $19.4M in 2023

That being said, it doesn't change the fact if either was to come here it would also include a restructure of some sort.  Nobody is under the assumption we would trade for either with their current contract cap numbers.

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

You guys see Daniel Bellinger’s dad complaining that Tim Graham said Darren Waller is better? He’s DMing a reporter defending his adult son who is in the pros. A sign of things to come with parents in sports.  

Sure hope my daddy messages the CEO where I work.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

It's just strange to see on a team that is winning. I know why because I live here, but it's still strange.

That culture isn't a winning culture despite their success. I think it's clear watching it to anyone who pays attention. It's a gimmick. They're gonna be the 20's Version of the 90s dolphins 

1 hour ago, GolfandBills said:

Looking more likely Singletary will be back 

I hope so. Process guy who can play the position and just needs help in front of him and not a full workload gameplan. 

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Fair point. Really good value for that $.

Market is shaking out nicely if Buffalo wanted to get Foreman or Damien Harris or something. Maybe bring singletary back if that’s their goal.  Might get guys like that for 1 year cheap deals. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

The deal can get to $8M total for 2 years? I’d have given him more than that. He could be a RB1 and his floor is top end RB2.

John

Just stop and think about this for a minute it’s all about allocation of resources of which we don’t have a lot of a running back and be found even in the later parts of the draft. Why would we waste salary cap space precious salary cap space on a running back

I am very concerned about linebacker. I am really hoping they’re looking in that direction. If not, you know exactly where our first round pick is going which I’m not comfortable with.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

John

Just stop and think about this for a minute it’s all about allocation of resources of which we don’t have a lot of a running back and be found even in the later parts of the draft. Why would we waste salary cap space precious salary cap space on a running back

I am very concerned about linebacker. I am really hoping they’re looking in that direction. If not, you know exactly where our first round pick is going which I’m not comfortable with.

Look on the bright side, at least we don’t have to get a safety in round one…

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Sign DJ Chark! Draft someone in the middle rounds.

This WR room is intriguing to me.

Diggs

Davis

Harty

Shakir

Chark

rookie

Rather we draft a WR early, and not sign Chark.

Instead use that Fa money on another def line combo.  Watching for Ngakoue and Ionadis, which would drastically improve our pass rush.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This WR class is very weak IMO. Not the year to get one high.

Maybe, but every year this is said about a position group....it's about doing the research/scouting and finding fits for the team. 

Downs and Flowers both possess the skills that Beane specifically mentioned at the combine interviews....we also brought an aging Beasley back in the fold LY, alot of signs point to drafting a shifty/RAC slot guy.

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Maybe, but every year this is said about a position group....it's about doing the research/scouting and finding fits for the team. 

Downs and Flowers both possess the skills that Beane specifically mentioned at the combine interviews....we also brought an aging Beasley back in the fold LY, alot of signs point to drafting a shifty/RAC slot guy.

I like Zay Flowers. But the class just isn’t top heavy. I don’t see any WR1. Rather build up OL depth. Try and get an OT round 1 and OG/C round 2.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I like Zay Flowers. But the class just isn’t top heavy. I don’t see any WR1. Rather build up OL depth. Try and get an OT round 1 and OG/C round 2.

Yeah Zay will be gone by the time we pick round 2, so it's round 1 or trade back and hope he's still there (which is not Beanes way).

I just see the stars aligning to draft Zay with our 1st, and then focus on OL.  They like Spencer Brown still, so I'd be shocked if they use a #1 on OT.  Makes more sense they draft a 2nd-4th rounder to compete, that provides depth at G too.

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

I’m all for Zay at 27. He’s a pretty special WR but I’m not complain if we go O line as it’s a more pressing need. I’m still holding out hope we trade a 3rd for Hopkins 

I’m all for building OL depth.

Do we trade Davis if we get Hopkins? I doubt Davis wants to be here in a contract year as a 3rd or 4th option.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

37 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

John

I get you. But we have very little $ allocated to RB. Plus $4.5-5M/year is not that much for a RB1, assuming that could have gotten it done. 

Still some good LB FAs out there. I think 27 ends up being WR or OL. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.