So Who will our next DC be? Tracker Links

PrimeTime101

10 minutes ago, IBTG81 said:

It’s going to be the guy we just brought in from Carolina. 

Yes, it will be the Senior defensive assistant guy, 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, H2o said:

Don't be surprised if we give Steve Wilks a call. 

Edit: Pay me no mind. NewEra informed me Wilks is in SF now. 

Personally, based on nothing but my own speculation, I still think this is who they wanted this offseason. It wouldn’t at all surprise me to learn they tried to hire him. That’s who McDermott first tried to hire to be DC when he got the job.

But SF is just a more attractive job if you are looking to be a head coach again as a DC. Tons of talent to work with and he will get all the credit for that defenses success, unlike in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

That guy they just hired from Carolina. 

He's the next McDermott stooge. 

• Like (+1) 1

I could see it being Al Holcomb, Eric Washington or John Butler if they go with someone on staff.

When I look back now I think when Holcomb was hired it was done knowing Frazier wouldn’t be on staff this season. Was Holcomb hired to be DC in waiting? Or was he hired with the intention of him helping a less experienced defensive play caller (like butler or Washington)? Or even to help McDermott run the defensive side of practices during the week, but with McD the game day play caller?

Or I could see them still trying to hire someone from outside this offseason.

I really have no idea which route they choose. It’ll be interesting to see what direction they go.

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

Let’s see if McDermott can call Plays. He’s worthless on the sidelines really. Except for the nonsense clapping and being a cheerleader. Earn you money. Make or break year for him. 

If he does call plays, then he goes on the hot seat if the defense fails again. 

Edited by Gregg
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I'd like Gregg Williams the DB coach of Arizona Cardinals but I'm pretty sure they'll promote from within, my guess is LB Coach Bobby Babbich since these coaches already know the system.

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If he does call plays, then he goes on the hot seat if the defense fails again. 

Exactly. Put some fire 🔥 on his a$$$. Let’s see if he produces. Majority of HC call plays on the offense., he should do the same on the defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

As long as it’s someone who has experience calling plays I’ll support it. 
Not much is gonna change but I hate to be breaking in two inexperienced play callers at the same time. 

It's not sterling results, but Holcomb has a year as DC calling defense in AZ and part of a year as DC in CAR

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I'd like Gregg Williams the DB coach of Arizona Cardinals but I'm pretty sure they'll promote from within, my guess is LB Coach Bobby Babbich since these coaches already know the system.

Please not Greggg. The only experienced coach I would want less is Wrex. 

1 hour ago, JMM said:

It's going to be Holcomb.  He won't get the title since Leslie will retain that title until next year. All a show of course. Leslie is gone. This year if he does well Holcomb will get the title.

Leslie is not under contract.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, wppete said:

Exactly. Put some fire 🔥 on his a$$$. Let’s see if he produces. Majority of HC call plays on the offense., he should do the same on the defense. 

I'd like to see a little backup on this statement.  2022 Head Coaches.  Contention: 17 or more of them call offensive plays.  Go.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

It's not sterling results, but Holcomb has a year as DC calling defense in AZ and part of a year as DC in CAR

I can live with that. I wouldn’t be against Mcdermott calling the defense either. Not sure if he wants that kind of headache but it’s a pretty important year for his future. 

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

If we went outside he's a name I'd be interested in. He's never called plays in NFL though. 

i believe Leonard is taking the year off. He needs an operation and time to rehab

Edited by dbfla10

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.