So Who will our next DC be? Tracker Links

PrimeTime101

Curious to see if he reaches out to Manny Diaz, who is his close buddy. 

Sean Desai is an interesting name, though it looks like he may wind up in Philly. He’s a Fangio guy so those 4-3 under concepts may meld. 

I like the Jim Leonard idea, though the defense would probably change a bit. 

Chris Shula (his uncle is on staff) is starting to become a bit of a hot name in the league, but he shouldn’t jump Butler or Babich imo.

Kris Richard is another guy who would be interesting. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Curious to see if he reaches out to Manny Diaz, who is his close buddy. 

Sean Desai is an interesting name, though it looks like he may wind up in Philly. He’s a Fangio guy so those 4-3 under concepts may meld. 

I like the Jim Leonard idea, though the defense would probably change a bit. 

Chris Shula (his uncle is on staff) is starting to become a bit of a hot name in the league, but he shouldn’t jump Butler or Babich imo.

Kris Richard is another guy who would be interesting. 

Better hope it’s not manny Diaz. . He has zero experience calling plays in the NFL and a mediocre resume in college. 

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Herb Nightly said:

Why would Frazier "retain the title" if he isn't coaching?

Just for show. As for a new guy, they will give a title to someone already in the organization. I wouldn’t mind someone such as Jim Leonhard being brought in but don’t expect it at this point. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

If we went outside he's a name I'd be interested in. He's never called plays in NFL though. 

He sorta kinda has! As @BADOLBILZ can tell you, he was the only player capable of running the overly complex Rex scheme from an on-field perspective, and he did it for years. Without him, Rex's defenses cratered.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Sounds like we won't have a DC. Sean is going to call the defense. Personally I think that's a mistake. But there you go. 

At this point, I'm afraid that retaining Sean McDermott - period - is a mistake.

Regular season success, aside, this team has been an absolute shitshow since the day he came to Buffalo.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 5
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I want Sean McDermott to call plays. 

That's exactly what will happen. Holcomb will be his assistant and that's it. I bet McD wants to prove that he can make this a playoff defense and I'm hoping and believing it will be a much more aggressive one.

https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisconsin-badgers-football/2023/2/22/23610781/former-wisconsin-badgers-dc-jim-leonhard-not-taking-philadelphia-eagles-dc-job-jonathan-gannon

Jim Leonhard....

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

If we went outside he's a name I'd be interested in. He's never called plays in NFL though. 

He's called Defensive signals on the field though...set the D on almost every team he played for...and I bet he had the right to adjust/audible 

• Agree 1

Last name I will throw out there, Brendan Daley the linebackers coach from the Chiefs. He was brought into the NFL as a member of Leslie Frazier’s staff in Minnesota, coached on Belichick’s staff for the Patriots and for the Rams and Chiefs under Steve Spagnolo. He is the type of guy with experience under a number of different big time regimes defensive systems who could have great potential as a DC. He also has 4 Super Bowl rings. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.